Starting Afresh after a week of gluttony!!

honeykiss

HI All,

Started Exante today, never really tried a VLCD diet but need to shift a lot of weight quickly for a hospital appointment in October and although have lost with WW and then Slimming World I have gained a bit back and need a good boost so have decided to try Exante for 2 weeks until I go on holiday on 6th August. I will then follow a low carb high protein diet while we are away and then do 2 more weeks on Exante when we return. I would like to lose approx 28lbs by October.

Have just made my first strawberry milkshake and had to mix a few ice cubes in it to make it more palatable as it was vile when made just with the tap water. Don't like milkshakes at all in general, what surprised me is this one tastes quite salty???

Have managed to finish it by drinking it with my nose pinched closed and just downing it. I am a big baby but I am treating it like medicine.

I can handle the water part as drink quite a bit anyway, will miss my cup of tea though. Doing the total solution however if I really can't handle it will do the next plan that allows a small meal in the evening. But going to try my hardest with the first option.

Thanks for reading

Wendy x:eek:

Hi Wendy, good luck, I'm nearly 3 wks in and finding it okay, and I've been on a million diets so feeling positive about this one.
I was missing my morning cuppa so much that I now have it black - tasted a bit strange at first but quite used to it now, actually quite enjoy it, worth a try if you're a bit of a tea jenny x

Hi wendy, well doen for making the first step and good luck to you, you'll find the forum very helpful on those hard days lol. what i would say is giv TS a full week before u make any decision to go onto the higher plan. Days 3-5 can prove the most difficult....and these will likely be the days you feel u cant do it but once yu get past the first week it does get easier.....you are less hungry, etc. Most o us on here have had slip ups.....so dont feel bad about coming to us if you have a bad day....were all here to hlp each other :) xxx

Thank you for the welcome ladies.

Have just had my second shake ( chocolate) found this one far more palatable and although still had it through a straw, mixed with ice and pinched my nose closed I did not gag at all lol.

Have been working this morning on and off. Have just shown someone around where I work as she is looking to buy one of the flats here ( Retirement leasehold Housing ). Have some emails to send so popped on for a read.

Feel OK, have been sipping water all monring, been in and out of the loo, feel tired but thats too many late nights. Got to think what to cook OH for his dinner, I am going to make something I am not so keen on!! So as not to be tempted. I don't feel hungry but I could eat, it feels weird as when taking my lunch break ( late one) just making the shake took minutes and now I am sat here with not much to do!!

Just looking forward to getting through day one.

We are having a quiet weekend at home, I will be catching up on washing ironing etc, not going out so sticking to the packs should not be a problem. OH can fend for himself if I feel I can't handle food prep but I think I should be ok.

Thanks for reading.

Wendy x

welcome and good luck on your journey it will get easier trust me im on week 5 and im very happy and i feel great inside and out !

Thank you Rose.

Well I made it through day 1, cannot believe I did it to be honest, I woke up about 5am with a headache, took some ibuprofen and drunk some more water and then went back to sleep till just after 8am.

Not got much on today so will do my household chores and then might venture out for a walk to the shops. OH is working for a few hours today so I need something to occupy myself for a while and shopping always does the trick doesn't it!!

Just going to have my first shake of the day, I think I will try vanilla. OOOhh how exciting.

I do not feel hungry but I do feel empty, I have never been in ketosis before in my life so I do not know what it feels like. I am looking forward to not wanting food and maybe getting some more energy!!

Be back later

Wendy

Well done Wendy, now think positive that you've done day one and can now do day two :)
I find the weekends harder without the structure of work to keep me occupied. Even after 8 weeks I find it hard not to associate Saturday night with curry and wine and Sunday with bacon sarnies and a roast lol.

Nice to see another VLCD virgin ;) Glad its going ok so far, I cant wait to get started...

Hi Starlight,
You know I can hardly believe I made it though day one. I have read so many blogs and dairies of people that have lost so much weight on VLCD but I always felt I could not stomach one myself. I have surprised myself!!

Well today has been gloriously hot and sunny again down here in Kent but not too hot, just about right for me anyway.

I have been out to local shopping mall and changed a T Shirt for OH. Had a wander round the shops, saw a couple of tops I liked in Evans but decided not to buy them as at the moment most of my clothes are size 26/28 or 30/32.
I have a huge bust biggish belly and skinny legs/ I need the bigger size in tops to think across them!!
Anyway I am hoping to drop a few sizes so no new clothes for a while, the thing is I don;t need any, i have 2 wardrobes, chest of drawers, hanging rail and about 8 black bags full of them!! I used to sell loads of plus size stuff on Ebay plus have given loads away over the years as well. Does it sound like I have a problem??

Anyway went into Sainsburys and got OH some trout fillets for his dinner tonight, plus a few essentials, I did buy some chicken breasts for myself just in case and I will be honest at this moment in time I really could eat them but I will not!!

I had my second shake when I got back about 3.30pm ( Banana) and it was ok, did not gag and didn't even pinch my nose closed but I made it with slightly more water and ice cubes and it really didn't taste of anything.

So sat here at PC, just hung some more washing out, washed up my smoothie maker ( who would have thought it would come in so handy) Drinking water and just chilling, OH should be home soon so will start preparing his tea, just some mushrooms and thinly sliced potatoes to go with the fish, got some asparagus so he can have that as well.

Going to try a soup for my third pack, not tried one yet so a bit scared I won;t be able to drink it. If it is really bad I will have another shake instead.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekends.

Wendy x

Somebody will probably tell me I am doing this wrong lol, but I can't live without my tea, and I have always drunk my tea ... I have soya milk in it... on VLCD... and its never affected the weight I lose. I do drink plenty of water and I also drink green tea as well. I dont think I would have made it without cups of tea

Karen
x

I am tempted to have a cup of tea but I am ok for now. However today I am struggling. I woke up early at 6am and could not get back to sleep although I was looking forward to a lie in. I had my first shake at 8.30 am and stayed in bed watching TV as was so hungry. Up and dressed now and feel ravenous!! Drinking the water, I have a few bars so I might have one of those for lunch. I also have some chicken in the fridge if I get really starving, trying to work my way though it so will use all of my willpower and try and beat this head hunger.

Hope you are having a good Sunday. We are going out to Bluewater now as I have seen a nice pair of sandals in Shuh I would like so might treat myself!!

Wendy x

ooohhh love Bluewater :) my feet shrank when I lost weight ..honest was a size 5 for years, put on weight and went up to a 6 now back down to a 5
I always split my bars so I have half in the afternoon and then half when Big Brother is on lol as a sort of treat

Have fun shopping
K
xx

Hi All back fomr my shopping expedition.

Never got the shoes as they did not have a size 6 so when I got home I have ordered them online, managed to try a pair on in a different colour and they felt so comfy.

Women's Black Schuh Zulu Glitter Mule at Schuh

I met someone last week who had a diamante pair on and she said they were so comfy, I really liked them but opted for the ones above as they are so glittery and I do like a bit of sparkle!!

Anyway felt starving whilst we were out and also a bit headachy.
We only stayed for an hour ( only 20 mins from us) and OH got a packet of wasabi peas from M&S. I did taste two in the car home!

When I got back had a banana shake straight away and drank the whole thing and actually enjoyed it again. I then stupidly had 4 slices of cucumber, I know in the grand scheme of things it should not matter just annoyed I did eat them, mind you it was nice to chew something! Going to have a soup later and hopefully that will be day 3 done and dusted.

Still can't believe I am doing this to be honest!!

Wendy x

hi...i m not the world expert, most of the guys on here are much better at this than me, I have been on exante for just shy of 4 weeks (Weds) and have lost 15lb, I can really tell the difference in how I look, I love it !
One tip tho..I put a 2/3 full pint glass of water in the fridge at night & make my shake for breakfast with this, I need it to be icy cold and then I really enjoy it. At first the soup used to make me heave but now I really enjoy them...loads n loads of pepper. I have a bar for lunch cos at work..I can now make one last nearly half an hour n they are YUMMY !!
Good luck, if I can do this then anyone can....

Got some visitors for a few days ( 2 ickle Great nieces 6 and 4) so been busy with them today.

Have been 100% surprised myself yet again, don't feel hungry and have that metallic taste in my mouth so I guess this is ketosis.

Will be back tomorrow if I can find 5 mins lol

Wendy x

Good Monring everyone,

Just a quickie as I have to start work soon but only a half day as got the two little ones here, hopefully swimming or the park this afternoon.

Felt ok yesterday, made OH dinner and didn't even lick my fingers lol.

I do want to eat, but I don;t feel hungry, no rumbling tum or anything, however had a dangerous moment when my niece was eating half a french stick with cheese lol

I have to lose weight this time my first goal is to get to 18 stones that was my lowest when I was doing WW and in all fairness it only took me about 16 weeks to lose 35lbs with WW but after an upset in February 2010 I started comfort eating again, I had a foray into slimming work and I really liked the class but most days I could not make my mind up if I was green/red or extra easy and therefore was very inconsistent with the plan, I also tried about 5 days on Atkins but seriously I could not stomach after 4/5 days so quit.

I have always wanted to do a VLCD for the sheer quickness of the weight loss. My nephew has lost a fair bit on Cambridge and I was always jealous at the rate the weight came off. The funny thin is he is now doing WW and I am doing Exante lol

Anyway just had a vanilla shake, I much prefer the shakes to the soups, I did have a bar but wasn't all that keen on it. My next order will just be shakes I think. Much more palatable.

Anyway have a good day one and all.

Off now before the two girls wake up, I work from home most days so not too bad but I do have a few things to do this morning, I have DVD's, Karaoke, colouring books, card making and Guess who so hopefully that will keep them happy till we go out later ;'-)

Wendy x

Back