Starting again

Got to day 6 without any problems
Had my 5 year old grandson stay last night and he has a thing for ritz biscuits and kit Kats not once was I tempted to nibble on anything
I did have a massive tuna salad but made sure everything was more or less low in calories and more importantly very low carb
Had my first shake earlier than normal with being up earlier
Looking forward to my first weigh in on Monday morning
Hope everyone's having s good weekend
Anita

First weigh in and a loss of 5lb
To say I was gutted was an understatement
From what I used to eat to what I ate or didn't last week I expected more weight off
My first thought was that's it and started planning to have fish and chips with bread and butter and basically pigging out
Had a coffee went in the shower and thought stop being stupid 5lb is still a good loss some people go to slimming groups struggle all week to lose a 1lb

Week 2
Be more positive
Drink more water
Do some excercise
Dig the fitness DVDs out and actually do them

Hope everyone had a good weekend
Anita

I did not have the big loss that others get the first week I did add some extra protein the first few days. But I have been consistent and average at just over three pounds a week. It is easy to compare other diets and at times have had the same loses as I would get on WW or SW but it's easy to forget the weeks of no loss or .5 of a lb or the dreaded gain that also come with other diets.
Good luck with week 2

I've given my head a shake I'm thinking 5lb is still a good loss
Last year why I tried the diet I lost 19lb in 3 weeks that's why I wasn't happy my first thought was sod it im giving up but now I've got my head round it I'm thinking it's not a bad loss
I did have a couple of meals but made sure they where low carb and fresh food rather than processed
If I lose 5lb a week for the next 3 weeks it's a stone off Just want to get the first stone off really
So onwards and downwards
Anita

5lb is still a fab loss! If it helps, I had a perfect exante day yesterday and managed to put on 1.5lb overnight. Literally from weighing myself (on a whim) before bed at 1am, to getting up at 6.30 this morning,

I'm beginning to fear I'm sleep-eating...

It's heartening to know that not everyone had the same loss and gain
I'd have been devastated to stay the same or gained after all I've given up
On the plus side I'm sleeping really well
Anita

Thanks Les
I've got over myself now
I've even got an appointment for a gym membership!!!!
Need to get myself motivated
It's a council run with 3 gym sites which you can use all of them aswell as over 120 classes and 3 swimming pools so I'm going to have a visit and see how it goes
Hope you had s good day
Anita

Had s really good day yesterday (diet wise)
Had a shake this morning drank plenty of liquids but got a really upset tummy and the noise it's making is unreal
Really hungry today but won't give in
Doing spaghetti bolognaise for hubby my mouths watering thinking of it could eat the bolognaise but don't think it would be the same without pasta and garlic bread Looked on line for alternatives to pasta one suggestion is cabbage anyone tried it? I quite like cabbage but not sure it it would go
It's trying to come up with normal everyday meals and tweaking them to low carb I have bought a low carb book which is on it's way maybe get some ideas
Hope your all having a good day
Anita

Hi Anita.
Have u tried the water slim pasta range they are low carb. You buy them from Holland and Barrett. At the moment they are buy one and get one for a penny. You can add them to the meals . I like the rice the pasta and noodles . Les x

Never tried them Les I've heard about them but never gave them any thought it's only when your dieting that you start looking for alternatives
Might go into town tomorrow and get some to try
How's your day been?
Anita

I've just had my first bad afternoon. I'm fed up can't go walking etc. Not to worry. Just had roast potatoes and gravy for my tea. How bad!!!

Hopefully it's just a blip
Had my son here today so made spaghetti bol for tea I had the bol with no spaghetti and 2 small pieces of garlic bread really enjoyed it and filled me up
Luckily I'd only had one shake so hopefully wasn't to much of a disaster
Back to normal tomorrow
Anita

Having a good day today had s shake and a bar the time in between having my first shake and bar are rapidly decreasing even filling up on water is not helping out much
I'm thinking of having s meal tonight
Rather chicken with salad or fish with a stir fry Not sure what I fancy at the moment
Got my new low carb cook book so will look thru it after tea if I do it now it will make me more hungry
Hope everyone's having a good day
Anita

Reactions: Les
Anita. Take a look at diet doctor it is low carb and there are recipies which keep u in keto. It might b of some good . Glad your day has gone well. My day has been better with only three pkts and some slim noodles. X les

Back