starting cambridge diet 8th jan

Hi there

Longtime lurker on this thread and a lot of whats been said rings true with with me.

Just a bit about me, im a returner with a lot to loose but its going okay, except for weigh in this morning where I lost 0 as per my signature. Fun times!

Can't believe they are 9 lol I'm not in ketosis again don't know why as been 100% but can feel totm rearing it's ugly head x

Re Bit in bold, that bit of toast you had yesterday could mean your out of ketosis for up to 3 days depending how sensitive you are! Its terrible isn’t it?!??! Wonder if it would be useful for you just to have some sliced turkey and deli ham sort of stuff in case the urge becomes too much. When I did diet in past, the thought of having to go through the whole getting into ketosis again for 3 hellish days is the only thing to stop me snacking on carbs instead of protein when the mood took me.

Yeah i think for me, knowing it can take days to get back into ketosis helps me avoid snacking on carbs. Yesterday I was starving, so ate a couple of slices of ham. Could've eaten the whole pack, in an omelette, with cheese, and chips, and mayo... But didn't. Then I wonder how I got in this state!!!

Well thankfully I didn't cave (or choke him with his chips). Been so busy today that haven't even thought about food. I totally agree that the thought of going through day three of withdrawal from carbs is not worth the cheat. Day 3 was by far my hardest!

Keep going guys we will get there

Oh my god it's freezing tonight. I'm glad I can now squeeze into my sons hoodies ha ha. Does anyone else get chilly whilst on ketosis? X

I'm feeling really rough. had my implant removed and replaced this afternoon not sure if it's that. . Maybe a surge a hormones but feel bit dizzy and sick. Not hungry thankfully or I'd definitely Cave in right now . Going to bed and hope I feel better tomoz :(
Night all x
Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all been for workout this morning with personal trainer def going to keep me motivated hope your all doing good back on my mind set after blip no more hope u feel better jelli x

That's great lauraskye bet you're buzzing right now, fab to get fit as well as diet you'll look and feel a amazing in no time well done :)

I'm feeling a little better today just can't wait to get home in the warm abs rest struggled at work today just felt very dodgy but lot better than last night .
Hope everyone is doing o.k especially those in week 3 :)

Weigh day on Friday, seems like AGES ago! This week is going VERY slowly. Mix-a-mousse is impossible to make without lumps blurghhh any advice? Gym tomorrow... I feel freezing too, all the time.
Keep going everyone!

Ranty and sweary words alert!!

1 ****ING LB!! That's it! 1 bloody lb off. I'm raging freezing and in a poop mood now! Grrrr!!! :( xx

1 ****ING LB!! That's it! 1 bloody lb off. I'm raging freezing and in a poop mood now! Grrrr!!! :( xx

Infuriating isn't ? Still u did better than me this week

Oh hun I know it's disheartening you think you've barely eaten drunk your body weight in water then only lose a 1lb...but I bet you'll have big loss next week seems to go that way. Try not to let it make you binge and think a 1lb off is better than nothing or a gain. . Have a good rant and swear though I'd be the same but if you've stuck to the plan that's an achievement in itself so be proud and think next week will be your week and you'll be jumping for joy :)

I just want to smash bread into my face ha ha. I did have a wee slip up and are some corned beef but that's it 100% as of tomorrow. I'm also starting highland dancing tomorrow. I used to do it as a kid so going to start that again. :) x

Lol sorry got visions of you actually smashing bread in your face. Bless ya at least you're making light of it and is making you determined :)

Smashing bread while highland dancing hahahhahahha. Don't dismay, your body is just adjusting, you'll probably lose loads next week

Bugger it I've blipped :( had a macaroon and some turkey ham. Was feeling very sick and weak and no amount of water or tea was helping. 2 days before weigh in aswell what a plank! I'll be so grumpy on weigh in day now sigh. Really missing food now I'm nearing end of week 3. I may have to switch to ss+

Don't stress jellibelli, it must be so hard on ss, I started on ss+ and really just the first week was hard. There's only a couple hundred kcal difference in it, it's not going to make a huge difference to how long it will take...

Yes I'm going to speak to my consultant on fri I'd like to give it another week on ss but if I'm going to have these blips it won't help I just want to chew and have flavour lol even a bit chicken would be amazing! trying to be strong though isn't it odd how you go from majorly determined and strong to a wiltering mess lol maybe that's just me

No it's not just you, I think it's all of us! All I would say is... If you feel a cheat coming up, stick to protein! Ignore that evil carbtastic macaroon! Kicks you out of ketosis for a few days!

Back