Starting cambridge sole source monday 27th Febuary

tastytas said:
Actually im feeling abit of mixed emotions bit nervous and abit excited. Telling myself i dont want to fail and give in. Like you i tried before and gave up on day 4. Can you believe it got over the first 3 days aswell! Since then i have given up my chocolate. I used to eat so many a day. Its been 4 or 5 years i havent touched chocolate for now mashallah. Still the odd thought pops into my head when i see chocolate like as i pass in the shop but its a passing thought.

Well done to you what made you think this time your not giving up?

Oh no u were over he hardest part maybe being on a forum and the encouragement will help, or were u on this before? Mashaallah on giving up chocolate that's a mission in itself so u are half way there, my big thing was Pepsi I love the stuff but don't have it at all now!
I was fed up of being big and it stops me doing things with my son really my husband is ok with me being big but always reminded me how confident I was when I was slimmer and how happy I was! My main reason really is I want to get pregnant and didn't want to be 21 stone and pregnant!

ayshaahmad said:
Oh no u were over he hardest part maybe being on a forum and the encouragement will help, or were u on this before? Mashaallah on giving up chocolate that's a mission in itself so u are half way there, my big thing was Pepsi I love the stuff but don't have it at all now!
I was fed up of being big and it stops me doing things with my son really my husband is ok with me being big but always reminded me how confident I was when I was slimmer and how happy I was! My main reason really is I want to get pregnant and didn't want to be 21 stone and pregnant!

Yes like u loved my pespi too and pakistani tea lol i put on loads when i used to drink that! Mashallah thats good your losing because we all gain weight when pregnant and you would be bigger so thats wise. Yes does take our confidence away i mean fair play to people that are big and happy but thats never been me at all.dawn french i heard has lost a lot of weight and i remember her as always being big when i was a kid! Your doing so well mashallah any tips for them first few days? I found last time i couldnt sleep at night on ss. Have you had that at all?

Dawn French looks amazing now doesn't she! I can't do big and happy I seem to go into a shell and hide! If I was with hubbies family I would just sit in one room and hide whilst everyone else walked around happily, and I feel people just look and stare! Been called a few names in the streets too which kinda made me feel like I had to do something, I had no chance being fat, and a white girl in a headscarf I am an easy target!
I was 12 stone when I for pregnant with my son so my first aim is to get back to that and inshaallah once I have had a baby I can go back to it to get to a smaller size!
I have always been a rubbish sleeper lol being a mum makes u a light sleeper hey? so I am awake with every noise and being on a main road doesn't help!
Only advice really is water water water and keep busy which I am sure u are with little twins mashaallah!

ayshaahmad said:
Dawn French looks amazing now doesn't she! I can't do big and happy I seem to go into a shell and hide! If I was with hubbies family I would just sit in one room and hide whilst everyone else walked around happily, and I feel people just look and stare! Been called a few names in the streets too which kinda made me feel like I had to do something, I had no chance being fat, and a white girl in a headscarf I am an easy target!
I was 12 stone when I for pregnant with my son so my first aim is to get back to that and inshaallah once I have had a baby I can go back to it to get to a smaller size!
I have always been a rubbish sleeper lol being a mum makes u a light sleeper hey? so I am awake with every noise and being on a main road doesn't help!
Only advice really is water water water and keep busy which I am sure u are with little twins mashaallah!

What area you from sis? Im from birmingham area. Yes same as you hun ive had the name calling wearing hijab and people are shocked when i speak english lol. Im.mixedrace my mother is welsh my father is west indian. Yes im more of light sleeper since twins were born. Cant just go back to bed anymore now lol. So water water and more water ok lol

tastytas said:
What area you from sis? Im from birmingham area. Yes same as you hun ive had the name calling wearing hijab and people are shocked when i speak english lol. Im.mixedrace my mother is welsh my father is west indian. Yes im more of light sleeper since twins were born. Cant just go back to bed anymore now lol. So water water and more water ok lol

Ah people are so evil, I converted about 9 years ago and thought I would be used to the stares and comments, but still gets to me! I am from surrey area! My best friend lives in Birmingham in aston!

ayshaahmad said:
Ah people are so evil, I converted about 9 years ago and thought I would be used to the stares and comments, but still gets to me! I am from surrey area! My best friend lives in Birmingham in aston!

Yes i converted in 1998. Feels yonks ago now! And i dont think we ever get used to the stares and comments i was in marks and sparks looking at a coat. I heard two ladies near by. One said she liked the coat but cannot afford it as shes not on all the BENEFITS lol ive worked most my life so ive paid my taxes not everyone is the same and out to rinse the system i perfer working as i had more money. X

Mashaallah sis love hearing that someone else is a convert!!!! :) the problem these days is people just judge what they see which is sad really!

ayshaahmad said:
Mashaallah sis love hearing that someone else is a convert!!!! :) the problem these days is people just judge what they see which is sad really!

Yes i agree wth u. Guess we will.neva be able to eraidicate that. Still on a more poisitve note unless ive found this lovely site and come along.meeting yourself :)

Good luck starting tomorrow xxx

Best of luck for your start tomorrow =D

Yolande said:
Best of luck for your start tomorrow =D

Thanks hun can u imagen starting from the start again? Bet u wouldnt like to lol x

Bout 2 hours away, don't do the journey very often lol last time we broke down on the m40 not been back since!! Alhumdulillah all ok here thanx tummy rumbling is keeping me awake but had my last shake fairly early today for some reason!! U will be fine tomorrow u seem focused and ready to start!!!

ayshaahmad said:
Bout 2 hours away, don't do the journey very often lol last time we broke down on the m40 not been back since!! Alhumdulillah all ok here thanx tummy rumbling is keeping me awake but had my last shake fairly early today for some reason!! U will be fine tomorrow u seem focused and ready to start!!!

Oh dear hun u broke down bet that wasnt nice. U said your best friend lives in brum. Did she grow up with u in surrey and move to birmingham? I will miss my tea more than anything as i love milky tea with real raw bufflo milk. I have raw milk due to the benefits of it.
I went to a reverts dinner last night over30 women of different races was good but again i.watched how so many ate less and i wanted loads of food. No wonder i am overweight!

tastytas said:
Oh dear hun u broke down bet that wasnt nice. U said your best friend lives in brum. Did she grow up with u in surrey and move to birmingham? I will miss my tea more than anything as i love milky tea with real raw bufflo milk. I have raw milk due to the benefits of it.
I went to a reverts dinner last night over30 women of different races was good but again i.watched how so many ate less and i wanted loads of food. No wonder i am overweight!

Wow bufflo milk never tried that does it taste any different? I try not to drink tea now as I am so used to having it with biscuits! I usually have a cup with my bar and that's it! I know what u mean about portions of food I always loved massive portions, when i went for lunch with friends I would clean my plate and they would leave half as they were so full up, does make u think!! Sounds like a great night! They do so much of that in brum and hardly anything for reverts down here its sad really, I have made a few friends who are reverts but mainly throught talking to them of my own accord!!
I met my friend who lives in brum when I went to hajj about 8 years ago, she helped me out a lot as I hadn't been a Muslim long and the language barrier was very difficult, stayed in the same hotel and things and swapped numbers and spoke on the phone nearly every other day and wrote to each other! Don't speak as much now as we are both so busy but she is great and such a big help for me with understanding and learning more about Islam!!!

How are you doing sis?

Hey Tasneem. My name is Zahra Abdullah. I'm on ss since a month I lost 17pound. I'm enjoying the acheivment. I had a baby 2 years back and still strugling with weight . I decided to stick to ss until I lose 40 pounds. Good luck.

ayshaahmad said:
How are you doing sis?

Salam sis i got messed around with my shakes so ive had to wait can u.believe it? So tomorrow i get my weigh in and shakes God willing. Been hetic last few days with the twins plus my pc has just broken down aswell. X

Layano said:
Hey Tasneem. My name is Zahra Abdullah. I'm on ss since a month I lost 17pound. I'm enjoying the acheivment. I had a baby 2 years back and still strugling with weight . I decided to stick to ss until I lose 40 pounds. Good luck.

Mashallah thats fantastic sis. How have u found it any tips please? How much do u have to lose? X

Back