Starting Exante in the new year - anyone else?

Hi all, I started my exante diet on Monday 14th (intended to be a New Years start but stared at the box for 2 weeks before biting the bullet). I’m currently at 15st2 with bmi of 36!!! Need to get this weight off, I’m only 5’2” and after 5 babies I’m the heaviest I’ve been since I was 18 (18st). Previously done Cambridge diet and lost 28lb in 28 days but started to become too obsessive and skipping packs to try to lose faster, so stopped and of course put it all back on! Finally ready to get down to a healthy weight, hoping for some support on here please 🙏🏼

Hi all, I started my exante diet on Monday 14th (intended to be a New Years start but stared at the box for 2 weeks before biting the bullet). I’m currently at 15st2 with bmi of 36!!! Need to get this weight off, I’m only 5’2” and after 5 babies I’m the heaviest I’ve been since I was 18 (18st). Previously done Cambridge diet and lost 28lb in 28 days but started to become too obsessive and skipping packs to try to lose faster, so stopped and of course put it all back on! Finally ready to get down to a healthy weight, hoping for some support on here please 🙏🏼

Well done Hun, you’re through the first few days now which are the hardest I find!

Remind yourself why you’re doing it and take it one day at a time 🙌🏼

Hey peeps, claiming a 7lb loss this week, weighed in a day early so now my weigh in day is a Sunday. I feel I have coped pretty well which is encouraging. Starbuck88 you can do this x
oh well done you - i had a 7pound loss as well weigh in day wednesday

For those like me who like a gadget I have downloaded the Monitor my Weight app. It's free! I also like the PIN lock feature.

Hey! Welcome to the forum! There's lots of support on here. We started at the same time :) (myself restarting after trying and failing a few times since the New Year! *facepalm*) but properly on it now :) How are you getting on so far?

Everyone’s doing so great, even after bumpy starts. I’m in the swing of things now, even managed to resist evil mother in laws plot to derail me. My head is where it needs to be. Vanilla shake, white choc orange bar (yum) and choc pops for breakfast. I love the cereals. 1 stone gone. Now I just have to do that 11 times more. Onwards and downwards!

Hey! Welcome to the forum! There's lots of support on here. We started at the same time :) (myself restarting after trying and failing a few times since the New Year! *facepalm*) but properly on it now :) How are you getting on so far?
Thanks, I’m getting there... day 5 I’m not as hungry as I was and I’m fighting the urge to weigh myself! My water weight seems to be shifting as my mum tum has flattened a little woohoo!! How you getting on Starbucks?

well done whizaway!! A stone is fantastic progress!!! 🙏🏼Keep ignoring mil’s evil attempts, is all about your journey x

well done whizaway!! A stone is fantastic progress!!! 🙏🏼Keep ignoring mil’s evil attempts, is all about your journey x

Yes, what is it with MILs and FILs? 😂 I get sarcastic comments “Oh you’re on the starvation diet” (because I ordered a glass of water!!). And “You on a diet again Gemma” because I ate vegetables and steak instead of sausage and mash.....because I don’t like sausage and mash 🤔

Everyone’s doing so great, even after bumpy starts. I’m in the swing of things now, even managed to resist evil mother in laws plot to derail me. My head is where it needs to be. Vanilla shake, white choc orange bar (yum) and choc pops for breakfast. I love the cereals. 1 stone gone. Now I just have to do that 11 times more. Onwards and downwards!

Well done!! 1stone is amazing!

Makes such a huge difference when you’re in the right headspace 🙌🏼

Looking forward to your next video Starbuck and for what it’s worth, I think you already look gorgeous.

We all are beautiful in our own ways and shouldn’t let our weight define us! I am not preaching, but I know how hard I can be on myself and I need to stop letting the number on my scale define who I am....

Thanks, I’m getting there... day 5 I’m not as hungry as I was and I’m fighting the urge to weigh myself! My water weight seems to be shifting as my mum tum has flattened a little woohoo!! How you getting on Starbucks?

Thanks for asking :) I’m doing well now. 8lb down from Sunday! I feel the same about the water weight and bloating - my tummy feels like it’s protruding a lot less! Looking forward to taking some progress photos and measurements on Sunday x

Looking forward to your next video Starbuck and for what it’s worth, I think you already look gorgeous.

We all are beautiful in our own ways and shouldn’t let our weight define us! I am not preaching, but I know how hard I can be on myself and I need to stop letting the number on my scale define who I am....

Thank you so much, that’s lovely of you to say :) And we should all try to be as kind to ourselves as we are to others. I’d never dream of saying the nasty things I say to myself to or about anyone else, so why do I think it’s okay to say them to or about myself? 🤦‍♀️ I’ll post an update on YouTube on Sunday xx

Haha my rather large family of in-laws always take the piss when we’re together, “what diet is it this week?” And for someone who’s always on a diet your the wrong size of a 14 🙄🤔*shakesmyhead* eff em all I say!

Thanks for asking :) I’m doing well now. 8lb down from Sunday! I feel the same about the water weight and bloating - my tummy feels like it’s protruding a lot less! Looking forward to taking some progress photos and measurements on Sunday x
OMG wow!! 8lb is an amazing loss! I’m so pleased for you!! I’m not taking pictures, the mental ones are scarring enough 😂

Loved your video starbucks really looking forward to the next one and to see what foods you liked or hated.

Hello everyone!

2 weeks down and so far so good. How is everyone doing? It hasn’t been easy on a few occasions but I have kept a few bars in the car, in my bag, in drawer at work, etc. to reach for when I feel really hungry. The only meal I haven’t really enjoyed is the shepherds pie and my favourite has been the beef and black bean pot - both for ease of preparation and taste. I’ve finally found my way of enjoying the spag too - soak in hot water once I step into the house and by the time I finish sorting the kids half an hour or much more later, I’ll microwave as per instructions with a little spice and garlic paste. Yum!

Breakfast is usually porridge, lunch is a pot meal or shake and dinner is either soup or any other savoury meal. Some days I snack on a bar if I feel really hungry in the day. In the W weekend for a change, I’ve tried the pancake and berry yoghurt for breakfast but didn’t find them filling. I stick to 600-800cals a day.
Results - my clothes are fitting so well, my tummy appears very flat and the wobbly bits that roll over have all vanished 😂. The scale has also shifted from 74kg down to 69kg which I’m chuffed about although I know much of it is water weight.

I wish you all good luck 🤗🤗

Back