Starting jan

Hi there I'm reading everyone's diary to prepare me for starting the diet 1st Jan. I've already stocked up on the shakes and I'm raring to go. I just need to get xmas out the way and all the temptations. I just can't wait for Jan to come so I can start the process of a new me. I will have 4 stone to lose so I'm hoping exante will work for me.

Hi and welcome, I'm sure there will be plenty starting with you we will all feel pretty rubbish starting back on after eating so much but as a team we can all reach our goals. Is this first time of doing this diet

Hi Laura yes it is the first time with this diet I'm so determined to do it though. My problem is I can eat healthy but I eat far to much of it and of course I eat to much rubbish as well lol. so I think having the shakes is best for me as don't need to think about portion sizes and calories for a while.

Hi there I'm reading everyone's diary to prepare me for starting the diet 1st Jan. I've already stocked up on the shakes and I'm raring to go. I just need to get xmas out the way and all the temptations. I just can't wait for Jan to come so I can start the process of a new me. I will have 4 stone to lose so I'm hoping exante will work for me.

We're here ready for the January influx. Perfect time to make a new you. I will have 4+ to lose still so will be with you for the long haul :) x

You basically do what I do eat way to much . I did this diet a few years ago and lasted 2 days so this was my first attempt really.

I started on shakes and lost 10lb first week so it will be hard but keep going the first week is great and soon as u get that big loss you want to carry on. The weeks then fly by you will understand as you reach week 2. I did shakes for 2 weeks then introduced meals /bars as I figured out everything is 200 cals so makes no diff what you have.

I'm now on week 11 and was struggling a few weeks ago by having a treat then turned into two then hard to eat exante food etc. So I decided to calorie count upto crimbo as it was either that or come off until after crimbo .

I also drink my own pop no added sugar squash . have done for a while so if your not keen on the water you will still loose .

Everyone is lovely on here we're all in same boat and here to help. I reckon I'm going to gain a lot over crimbo so will prob be bck onto the bars get the weight loss moving faster

I'm going to start on Boxing Day. I know if I don't start then, I'll never start and then that would be terrible! My order should arrive tomorrow and I'm looking forward to starting it,

Hi Gamy I wanted to start boxing day but everyone a round me telling me to start after xmas as we have friends coming over for drinks and food. I will see how I feel I might start after they have been. Good luck looking forward to seeing how everyone is doing after xmas.

I don't have that issue. I know I'm going for a meal on the 27th, but besides that I should be able to stick to it. My theory was as I have so much weight to loose (almost two whole people) I don't think it would make much of an issue

So I've decided to start this diet today I was so bloated last night I had enough. Anyway I woke up put kettle on to have my coffee (black) then thought about having biscuits with it and I will start next week as planned but I slapped my self across the face and told my self there is always gonna be temptations and I need to control them. Anyway I'm Sat having just my coffee and gonna have my first shake at around 10am then keep busy all day. I have a treadmill coming tomorrow so gonna start walking on that every day. Hope everyone is ok I will report back later on my progress I'm also gonna weigh and measure today. My husband bought me a go pro for Christmas so gonna start using that.
P.s how do you make your shakes hot do you put hot water in them or use cold then microwave them?

Quick update so I've had a strawberry shake for breakfast and I struggled to drink it think it's because I didn't have ice to blend it with so it wasn't as cold as I would like.

I did my measurements and got weighed and I've put 2 half pound on in week maybe not a lot for some but when your obese it is. I've made the right decision to start today as I'm only getting bigger.
I only ordered the shakes to have then I realized that it would be easier to have a bar for when I'm out and about so I've ordered some.

I do hope the shakes get better otherwise I will struggle. I suppose I need to get used to them.

I recommend the choc orange
And choc mint best . Also warm your shake in microwave I added hot water to the shaker and it exploded . I'm not starting till next Tuesday when hubby back at work . Lost
2 stone 2 before crimbo but expecting a huge gain iv like ate everything oh well it's crimbo . Have a good day x

Hey I am back to it today as I planned :) 4 day break and caddy on as though it never happened haha. I'm counting this as the next day! No extra weigh in needed as it will be gone in a few days :) good luck! And I'm riding the cravings out with you! X

I'm really struggling with the shakes not long had a hot gingerbread latte it was ok I'm just gonna have to get used to them. I'm also having cravings thinking about every food you can imagine then thinking sod it I will start Jan. But I'm gonna continue with it as the first few days for me is the worse. I'm just glad there is you guys on here for advise and encouragement.x

I'm really struggling with the shakes not long had a hot gingerbread latte it was ok I'm just gonna have to get used to them. I'm also having cravings thinking about every food you can imagine then thinking sod it I will start Jan. But I'm gonna continue with it as the first few days for me is the worse. I'm just glad there is you guys on here for advise and encouragement.x

It will get easier. I'm just keeping my mind busy with other things. I hate the shakes too but they become more palatable over time. Especially when you work out which is your taste. How long do you plan to be on plan? X

I'm just having my final shake and its much easier to swallow I've blended it with ice so colder and thicker.
I'm planning on staying on it until I get to my goal weight if I can, although once I lose a couple of stone I will go on to having one meal a day.
I must admit I haven't felt hungry today just had the cravings which is good.
I'm back at work next week (I work in catering) so I'm surrounded by food all day but even though I can eat at work I usually don't I just drink water so I don't think it will bother me.
How have you got on today? Do you have much more to lose?x

I'm just having my final shake and its much easier to swallow I've blended it with ice so colder and thicker.
I'm planning on staying on it until I get to my goal weight if I can, although once I lose a couple of stone I will go on to having one meal a day.
I must admit I haven't felt hungry today just had the cravings which is good.
I'm back at work next week (I work in catering) so I'm surrounded by food all day but even though I can eat at work I usually don't I just drink water so I don't think it will bother me.
How have you got on today? Do you have much more to lose?x

Well done :) today was fine thank you. Got my senses going cooking the kids dinner but nothing too drastic! Ready for tomorrow! I have loads left to lose. About 4.5 stone minimum. I lost 24 before Christmas xx

Wow that's fantastic, hearing that has definitely motivated me to keep going.
Day one over and I managed to get threw it so I'm hopeful I can get threw tomorrow after which I should be in katosis which means no cravings I think.

Wow that's fantastic, hearing that has definitely motivated me to keep going.
Day one over and I managed to get threw it so I'm hopeful I can get threw tomorrow after which I should be in katosis which means no cravings I think.

I usually hit ketosis around day 4. Beware you may hit a wall on day 3/4 it's common. Just keep going! I think after the first week it becomes, dare I say, easy! X

Back