Starting Kettlebells with an Incisional Hernia..Any Advice Helpful

lg-24-12

Live..Laugh..Love
I am Currently Following the Slimming World Plan and have lost 3st 4lbs, i have an Incisional Hernia from a C-Section Scar which Currently stops me doing Serious Physical Activities..i am interested in how intense Kettlebells is?? Any Advice would be extremely Appreciated Thanks.

lg-24-12 said:
I am Currently Following the Slimming World Plan and have lost 3st 4lbs, i have an Incisional Hernia from a C-Section Scar which Currently stops me doing Serious Physical Activities..i am interested in how intense Kettlebells is?? Any Advice would be extremely Appreciated Thanks.

Hi there! First, congratulations on your baby! Your getting back into exercise will depend on how long ago you had the C-S, how serious the hernia and how intense the exercise.
There is a fair bit of core work involved in most kettle bell regimes. I'd have to say seek medical advice as well! I hope you do well Ig :)

Hi lg - I can only echo what Trimlee has said - kettlebells really work your core. However you could give it a bit of a DIY try without spending any money. There are some Kettleworx videos on You tube - look for Kettleworx or Ryan Shanahan. Use a full 2l bottle of water or pop and just try some of the movements. I appreciate its not a kettlebell but it will give you an idea as to whether or not your mid section will be up to the movements. Some of the kettlebells are quite light so I don't think that would pose a problem - but you do need to engage your core and twist about etc which might aggrevate your hernia.

Good luck with whatever you try. :)

Back