Starting on Tuesday and scared!!

Kath,

You look fabulous. Well done - what an inspiration. Can't wait to look like you do!!

Thank you :) I've lost a bit more since the last photie but won't put another one up now til I get to goal. Which hopefully will be soon :D

Anything is possible when you are determined enough, you'll soon have that 100lb off ;)

Welcome to the site Wantobelsim!

You have come to the right place for support, advice, and encouragement.

I too have lost (to date) over 100lbs - after thirty frustrating years of trying. LL is the first success I have had - and I know it is success that is here to stay.

Just bite the bullet and follow the programme faithfully. Think of the long-term benefits of doing it when the going gets tough (deferred gratification).

Drink the water (all of it).
Do the Homework.
Eat every pack.
Attend every meeting.
Be honest with yourself.

I started back in August and, just like you, felt afraid that I wouldn't stay the distance.

I did. You will.

Keep posting on Minis. Doesn't matter now trivial it seems. You will touch many members, and get help or advice or encouragement, or just have a good laugh, whenever you need it.

Good luck!!:)

Well done AmandaJayne - what fab weight loss. Are you finding it easy to maintain?

Well first night tonight, go and pick up my foodpacks so tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life... mind you - see if I'm saying that next week!!

First meeting over and done with!! So far there are 5 of us in our group but 3 more due to join next week. Some only have the 3 stone to lose so I am one of the biggest in class but hopefully that means I will lose pounds faster !!

Am feeling positive at the moment and already chosen my 'menu' for tomorrow!! Got a stop in on Friday night so hope to see some pounds shift by then!!

Anyway off to my bed..

First meeting over and done with!! So far there are 5 of us in our group but 3 more due to join next week. Some only have the 3 stone to lose so I am one of the biggest in class but hopefully that means I will lose pounds faster !!

Am feeling positive at the moment and already chosen my 'menu' for tomorrow!! Got a stop in on Friday night so hope to see some pounds shift by then!!

Anyway off to my bed..

Hooray! Today is the first day of your new life, your new slimmer life. Good luck today :) First few days can be a bit tough but once you hit ketosis you'll be fine :)

Kath x

OK half way through the first day, have had a raspberry shake and thai chilli soup so far ( not together!!) which weren't too bad ( must get blender though!!). have a couple of glugs to go to reach 3 litres of water so am not doing too bad on that front either. I have a blinding headache at the moment though :sigh: BUT I DON'T FEEL HUNGRY!!!

Tonight will be the testing time when I have finished work and am not so occupied. Hubby knows that he is cooking for himself for next few nights at least until I get used to this!! Will post here or have a bath whilst he is eating!!

Hope everyone else is doing OK :)

Hi Wanttobe

I am in Surrey too!!!!!

Good luck keep it up I am just finishing week 2 and already notice a diffference in myself

Sam
x

Hi wantobeslim! So far so good on your first day, well done!

I found the water kept the edge of my hunger for the most part in the early days so keep glugging away!

The first days are the hardest so you have already come a fair way through the hard bit!

Mags
xxxx

Windlesham is lovely. I'm near Esher.

Mags thanks for the support - I'm looking forward to my nut bar and chocolate shake later!!

yes, nut crunch, mmm trade description act? cardboard chew maybe

Lol, for some insane reason, I've ordered a nutcrunch this week :confused: I'm on week 26 and haven't had a nutcrunch since week 2 - read something about grilling it the other day so thought I'd give it a second chance :eek: :D

You're right guys I've never tasted anything so disgusting in my life!!! Where are the nuts in it??? Ended up breaking it up and putting it in my hot chocolate shake, even then it was foul!! Ended up leaving half of the shake and bar, oh well I'll know better next time! Trouble is I ordered 3 of them!! Maybe the counsellor will swap the others at stop in on Friday.

I had heard you didn't get bars in the first week and asked the counsellor and she said lighter life have changed their policy - how true this is I don't know!!

Any recommendations on favourite flavours or ways to have the packs, gratefully received!!

You're right guys I've never tasted anything so disgusting in my life!!! Where are the nuts in it??? Ended up breaking it up and putting it in my hot chocolate shake, even then it was foul!! Ended up leaving half of the shake and bar, oh well I'll know better next time! Trouble is I ordered 3 of them!! Maybe the counsellor will swap the others at stop in on Friday.

I had heard you didn't get bars in the first week and asked the counsellor and she said lighter life have changed their policy - how true this is I don't know!!

Any recommendations on favourite flavours or ways to have the packs, gratefully received!!

Lol oh gosh what a shame! I've read somewhere that you can grill the nutbar and it's tastier. Your LLC will let you change the ones you haven't opened though :)

Ok, well here are my favourites - caramel, I have one every morning with a spoonfull of coffee and hot water - actually I usually split it and have two cups of caramel coffee.

I usually have mushroom or vegetable soup every day, sometimes both. Sometimes I make crisps with them.

Lemon bars and fruit bars - they make nice biscuits. I don't like toffee, tastes nothing like toffee! I usually have one bar a day made into biscuits, or sometimes half made into biscuits and half to just chew on.

Chocolate are nice made into truffles and also quite nice as a hot chocolate with a sweetener :)

Think my caramel coffee is my favourite though, I look forward to that :D

Wanttobeslim - hope the rest of the day has continued to go well for you. Just hang on in there and you'll do fine :)

Cath

I'm quite lucky I like most of em!

I don't like the mushroom soup, but like the rest, my fav is veg soup and I like the chilli soup made into crisps.

I don't mind the nut bar but wouldn't want it often, and the lemon bar is ok but I find it leaves a bit of a taste behind, not so much unpleasant, just there. I like the toffee and fruit ones although as has been said toffee doesn't really taste of toffee lol. The biscuits to be made from the bars are nice too, but for me a bit too much like food and tends to make me want to nibble, actually for that reason I rarely take the bars.

Shakes....not fond of caramel but like the rest. I like them made up with more water, about 350mls, and if I have the choc one hot I make up a half pack with 200ml water and a sweetner. The raspberry one is ok hot too.

Mags
xxx

Thanks for those recommendations ladies. Had caramel this morning on its own. I'm normally not a caramel fan but it was OK. Will try it with coffee though for a change, Thanks for that tip Kath ;)

Chicken soup at lunchtime with lots of black pepper - quite enjoyed it actually!!

Just approaching the 3 litres of water stage again... Was surprised how much water I got down yesterday, trying to get it into me earlier in the day so I'm not up and down all night though!!

Borrowed a hand blender from a colleague and that makes a real difference in blending the things properly!! Will nip out at weekend and treat myself to one for home and one for work.

Tonight the menu is toffee bar followed by hot chocolate. Had choc last night but as I didn't have the blender then it was lumpy!!. Will try again tonight!! Stop in is tomorrow night, will be interesting!! STILL NOT FEELING HUNGRY!!

My colleague just brough chocolate eclairs into office and do you know, I'm not BOVVERED!!! I am hoping that my being so determined will carry me through when I do hit tough times though!!

Hope you are all doing OK

Back