Starting on Tuesday and scared!!

First Stop in tonight and 5lbs gone in 3 days!!!!! That's a 20th of the way to my goal!! I'm so over the moon!! :D

Well done Wanttobeslim - that's a great loss :clap:

Cath

Thanks Kath - you are so supportive!! Don't go anywhere lady - need you with me thru my Lighterlife journey!! You are doing so well - what an inspiration!! :)

Really Pleased with another 4lbs off last night - total of 9lbs in a week - now nearly a 10th of the way there already!!

My peestick is still really dark despite 5 -6 litres of water a day and being fully abstinent (haven't even been tempted), any ideas anyone?

Another pop in on Saturday, so fingers crossed. Would like to do 7lbs next week to get me to dead on 16 stone and under a 40 BMI.. suppose that's my first goal!!

Really Pleased with another 4lbs off last night - total of 9lbs in a week - now nearly a 10th of the way there already!!

My peestick is still really dark despite 5 -6 litres of water a day and being fully abstinent (haven't even been tempted), any ideas anyone?

Another pop in on Saturday, so fingers crossed. Would like to do 7lbs next week to get me to dead on 16 stone and under a 40 BMI.. suppose that's my first goal!!

Mine used to be quite dark, mainly because I used to stop drinking water about 2 hours before weigh in I think. I usually do about 6 to 8 litres a day but it was usually dark :)

Fantastic weight loss again!!!!! Well done :D

Hi All,

My consultant was pretty rude to me ( considering he had already taken money for 2 failed goes at IVF) and basically said " of course it will be almost impossible for you to lose the weight with PCOS etc". I am determined to prove him wrong and wipe the smug smile of his face. Roll on Tuesday!!

I

Hi Wantto.. I've got PCOS too and I'm approaching my 100 days on this diet and should (fingers crossed) make the 3stone mark as promised which is fantastic coz I've never been able to lose weight before. Word of caution I'm not losing quite as fast as some of the other women in my group which I think might be related to the PCOS but this diet works and after your fantastic start I'm sure you'll be at goal in no time. :)

Elsa,

Thanks for that. Well done you on losing so much. I have begun to think that it may be slower because of the PCOS. Have you found any lessening of your symptoms as your weight has dropped?

Just looked your blog - similar statistics to me although I started out at 17.2 - same height though!! You've shown me you can do it with PCOS so thanks for being an inspiration... xx

Last edited:
Hi there Wanttobeslim and all,

Its great to see like people enjoying great successes particularly people with PCOS which I've got too. Thats my main reason for losing the weight, to try to get symptons under control. I sympathise with you over the attitude you got from the consultant! Its hardly helpful to be negative about weightloss from the outset, especially when you've already paid him for his services. Some doctors make me mad sometimes, they think they're gods gift and have very little in the way of people skills. I'm sure he'll eat his words when you see him next. I'm on day 19 (start weight 16st 6, 5ft 4")and finding that its going well so far, hadn't realised how much food/alcohol figure in my social life and not sure what to do with myself this weekend!! Not sure if I'm strong enough to venture out and order water in the pub so I'm cleaning my house instead!!! I had a thought when reading this thread, my pee-sticks are always really dark even though I'm having plenty of water, (darker than everyone else in my group) did wonder if it had anything to do with PCOS and insulin resistance, my body does some weird things sometimes!! Wondered what you PCOS ladies thought! Anyway wishing much success to everyone.
xxx

PCOS girls following LL

Hi Julie,

Yes I wondered about the peestick being dark if that would be anything to do with the PCOS/insulin resistance.. have a feeling it is.. our wonderful bodies do weird things as you said!!

We need to start a PCOS ladies thread!! We're all pretty similar height and starting weight (give our take a few pounds), we can support each other. Will see if I can change this thread. I'm on day 10 and it is going great so far, feel so motivated. Decided I was going to get out the house this weekend. My hubby is working every day except Sunday so didn't want to be left at home open to temptation!! So today I went to the park with my best friend, her hubby and their 2 year old. We did swings, slides, seesaws etc and then frisbee and football - I'm shattered now!! Tomorrow I have a pop in and then I think I'll get on my bike and cycle by the river. Sunday, hubby is home so prob just catch up with things at home. Just got to find something to do on Monday now!!

I agree with you about docs, some do think they are Gods gift, particularly this consultant and being a fertility doc and supposedly expert about PCOS he should know better. Anyway rant over!!

BTW tried making crisps today out the thai chilli soup - they were disgusting, it seems to make the taste saltier and I hate salt!! Is this the same with the other soups or am I just being sensitive??

Anyway great to hear from others with PCOS who know the particular problems this poses.

Take Care xxxx

Last edited:
Yay - another 5lbs at pop in - that's a stone in 11 days. Was worried how I'd cope with it being Easter weekend but now I've had this result I'm motivated again!!

That's brilliant Wanttobeslim - well done. See it's so worth staying away from that chocolate :)

Cath

To be honest I'm finding it great, no real problems up to now, was a bit achey on about day 3 but have been fine apart from that. Have found that my totm lasted about 2 days longer than usual (5 days instead of 3) but to compensate that I didn't have sore boobs at all before it which I usually have for at least a week.

I'm hoping to hit the 2 stone mark this week at class, but on my home scales I am 2stone 2lb less than the day I started ... on mine I've gone from 19st 3 to 17st 1 ... almost in the 16's!!!! All that in just over 5 weeks so there's nothing there not to love!

Stick with it and you'll soon see a major difference ... just wait until you're throwing those clothes out that are all too big for you!

Cath

So glad you are finding it OK. Ever the pessimist, I keep waiting for all these symptoms to kick in and so far nothing really. I had a headache on Day 1 but then I'd had a stressy day at work and felt a bit light headed one evening but drunk some more water and that went away. I feel great - bags of energy. Some of my classmates are complaining of being tired, constipation and being dizzy and I'm getting away scot free!! Waiting to see what happens with TOTM - I don't have a regular cycle due to PCOS so hopefully this will make a difference there too!!

I think it's fab how well you've done, you'll be in your 4th stone bracket next week (if you know what I mean). I started at 17.2, now 16.2 and hope to be in 15 bracket by next weigh in on Tuesday.

Don't know if I'll notice the difference with clothes very quickly. I have been in elasticated or part elasticated waists for sooooo long. Number one clothes goal is to be able to fit into my wedding dress again (12 years this year and 3.5 stone ago). Next clothes goal will be a pair of cut off jeans in a size 12 that I last wore 14 years ago, they've stayed in my wardrobe because it had always been my goal to get back in them, trouble is the weight kept piling on instead of coming off!! Other than that I haven't got any in between clothes so unless I want to wear my wedding dress to work I suppose I'll have to buy some!! ;)

I know things will slow down now so I am making my first weight goal into the 15 stone bracket (even 15.13 would be fab) by Tuesday then another stone lost by 6th May when my nephew is christened and I'm godmother. :) Have you got your eternity ring on yet?

Congrats Wanttobeslim on the pop in weight loss, great to have such a loss in the midst of all this Easter weekend fun!!! I'm finding the weekend a bit of a drag, food/drink seems to be wherever I turn, so unless I barracade myself in my foodless house I will have to deal with it!!! Going to go for a walk down the coast with my friend in the sunshine so hopefully that will do the trick. Know what you mean about stretchy clothes, its difficult to gauge the loss. Good to have some clothes goals in sight, sure it won't be long before you're in your wedding dress again, I saw a lovely cream mac where the biggest size was an 18, bought it anyway a month ago, its hanging up so I see it everyday as incentive plus I've got a huge range of barely worn clothes in an array of sizes (some still with tickets on) so hopefully will be able to get into some of them soon. Don't think there'll be much difference with my TOTM, don't have a cycle at all most of the time and losing weight never seemed to make much of a difference before but heres hoping that this time it will! I plan to go all wholefoods and organic when I can eat again to see if that makes a difference.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Julie,

I've just kept myself busy this weekend. Spent Friday out my my best friend and her son, palying in the park, frisbee, football etc. Yesterday I had the pile of ironing from hell - it took me 5 hours :eek: but it's done now and I feel good about it!! Today I've been onto the North Downs with my parents and their dogs. I was puffed when I got back to the car but hey I had just climbed a v.v. steep hill!! We then went to a pub and sat in the beer garden, my mum and my hibby both had huge meals and I wasn't even tempted. Just sat there with my sparkling water - ice no lemon and polished my halo!! Had my mushroom soup when I got home and really enjoyed it!!

It's a good idea to have something to slim into, although I worry that by the time I get to whatever size that'll I'll have changed my mind or it'll look wrong on me!!

For the last couple of years prior to LL, I followed a low carb diet and didn't gain at all (just couldn't lose it). It helped me get more of a cycle ( although it wasn't perfect) I intend to follow it again once I get to goal, am hoping by getting to goal that will regulate me more... When I did have carbs I would choose the healthier option, wholemeal/granary instead of white bread, sweet potatoes rather than normal potatoes, brown rice instead of white and I haven't eaten pasta in over 5 years. I tried to buy organic but sometimes It's just that bit too expensive!!

Anyway enjoy the remainder of your Easter weekend everyone. Weather is meant to be good again tomorrow so may hop on my bike!!

Well another pound tonight - that's 15lbs in 2 weeks. I feel a bit disappointed as it was only a pound since Saturday but then I know in the back of my mind that I could only hope to lose that in a week on weightwatchers - it actually means that for week 2 total loss was 6 lbs. Am going to stop going to pop ins now as they are in the morning when my scales say I weigh less anyway and I expect the losses to be more like 3lbs a week so don't want to dishearten myself.

We had a locum LLC this week and half the group weren't even bothering to respond to her - made me a bit embarassed, why go and pay all this money and don't participate.. ???

Sorry for the whinge - I am still full of energy and looking 4ward to fitting into smaller clothes... hope everyone else is doing well.
xx

Back