Starting sole source

dietingguy

Since the start of March I have went from 20 stone to 17.5 stone. Im going for a big push to reach my goal of 15 stone and will be starting a 3 week sole source phase tomorrow (lasted 16 days last time,it was a planned stop though)

Any words of encouragement or tips would be greatly appreciated as I really want to get to that 15 stone mark!!!

This is my first post on a forum before so if I have posted this in the wrong place I'm sorry.

Thanks

Dieting guy!

Hi Dieting Guy, wow you've already lost a load of weight, well done this far!! I'm on SS/SS+ depending on how hungry I am..!! I'd love to offer you words of advice, but that's the reason I'm on this forum myself - it's like a minefield and I'm feeling bloated, tired and tbh, not like I've lost any weight in 5 days (just retained loads of water). Encouragement, I can help you with - keep at it and the results will speak for themselves!! You've proven your comittment to yourself by choosing SS as your final push, I'm sure you will do well - GOOD LUCK!! Sauce xx

Thanks very much Sauce! How long have you been on SS/SS+ for? I found that my weight loss seemed to slow down towards the end of SS last time, but I'm sure you have burnt fat over the last 5 days!

Had my first choco mint shake this morning and feeling up for this last push!

Cheers

Dieting Guy

Hello, all I can say is get through the first few days and it gets so much easier. I find that the way I stay on track is to be stubborn. I snacked a bit last time I did the diet and couldn't get myself not to after the first time. Now I just say that every little thing matters.

I've only been on it less that a week but did LL lite about 2 years ago which seemed a hell of a lot easier..?? I also lost a lot of weight quickly and visibly!! I find I think of food more than I actually WANT food, it's like when you're not dieting, crave something, think about it and hey - it passes!! From my point of view it's mind over matter, nothing is insurmountable and it's short term!! We will all get there!! Sauce xx

PS - Becci, been looking at ur losses - go u!!! Fab!! x

I find it gets harder and harder the more times you try to do it. I succeeded the first time but put the weight back on. I am Now on what I think is my 7th restart and each time it has been harder.

If I think about the food too much I get obsessed and have to have it.

Thanks, they could have been better as in I could have stayed on since January but hey ho. I am over the moon with 13 pounds in the last two weeks. Almost a pound a day.

I'm on day 7 and boy and I starving!

I'm doing CD SS for the first (and hopefully last) time, on day 7 right now and it's the worst day so far. My stomach's been rumbling since I woke up and all I can think of is food.
But reading the great stories on here gives me the incentive to think I can get over this hump and press onward.
I had a WI after 5 days on it and had lost 11lbs so that's pretty encouraging too, even though it's all water at that stage. The stick says I'm in ketosis so why am I so hungry??:flirt2:

hi all

im in my second week of SS+. First week was great... as my motivation was sky high, and losing 8lbs in my first week was excellent boost. However, this week ive only managed to lose 2lbs, a bit upsetting!!
But still next wi should be better.
Well done to all you guys for the great results, also great to hear your experiences to keep me motivated.

by the way cheesegirl, i was starving all day yesteday. but today is better, maybe it just comes and goes. Be strong!

Hi all it is really nice to read all your posts, I am starting tomorrow, have done LT, and back to square 1 have done alot of the mental work thanks to my wonderful hubby and feel ready to crack this, I will help if I can

Anna x

I find my hunger is in waves too, but as I said, it tends to pass - perhaps I may think 'Oh I fancy that...' rather than need it, am on the tetras this week, all of them are lovely so I'm well happy and well prepared for another week - bring it on!

Hi guys

End of day 1! :) I always find the first day the hardest as once I've done one day then I don't want to spoil it.

Well done on all your progress guys!!

What are the tetra packs like? I'm using the shakes, like the Choc Mint and Vanilla loads so living on them. Really went off the soups last time.

About day 10 last time I resorted searching google images for pictures of fish and chips and savoloys!!
haha

It'll all be worthwhile in the end! Have to say I absolutely love the diet.... well the amazing results of the diet I should say

What's LT?

Dieting guy

Hi guys

End of day 1! :) I always find the first day the hardest as once I've done one day then I don't want to spoil it.

Well done on all your progress guys!!

What are the tetra packs like? I'm using the shakes, like the Choc Mint and Vanilla loads so living on them. Really went off the soups last time.

About day 10 last time I resorted searching google images for pictures of fish and chips and savoloys!!
haha

It'll all be worthwhile in the end! Have to say I absolutely love the diet.... well the amazing results of the diet I should say

What's LT?

Dieting guy

Firstly, WELL DONE!! :clap: DAY ONE DOWN!!
The tetras are really nice, they're thicker and so a shorter drink than the shakes, but I personally find them more satisfying... The Choc is delish.
I'm getting my head into it all now and had another really good day...
LT - Do you mean LipoTrim? Or LL - Lighter Life? I did the lite version which is not far removed from SS+.

Beccubug said:
I find it gets harder and harder the more times you try to do it. I succeeded the first time but put the weight back on. I am Now on what I think is my 7th restart and each time it has been harder.

If I think about the food too much I get obsessed and have to have it.

Thanks, they could have been better as in I could have stayed on since January but hey ho. I am over the moon with 13 pounds in the last two weeks. Almost a pound a day.
Hi Beccubug, I'm always a bit sacred when I hear about people putting the lost weight back on. Any tips on how km present that? Thanks

Hi Beccubug, I'm always a bit sacred when I hear about people putting the lost weight back on. Any tips on how km present that? Thanks

Bernie, it's easier said than done but basically do not go back to the same habits. I lost 1st 7lbs in 5 weeks on LL and kept it all off for a year, putting the other stone and a half on in just a year... I know how/why it happened - I stopped disciplining myself and drank too much = drinking makes me hungry and I pick and pick and pick....

Sauce xx

How's everyone doing?

Day 2 done!! :) Though I did fall asleep at 7pm after work and just work up so I could have 2 shakes lol. Think that's the hardest part done now as stomach is shrinking.

Which is harder for you all... week time or weekend? For me as I'm a teacher I find the week slightly easier as from 8am til 5pm I'm kept occupied.

Cheers for the help guys and well done to you all!!

How's everyone doing?

Day 2 done!! :) Though I did fall asleep at 7pm after work and just work up so I could have 2 shakes lol. Think that's the hardest part done now as stomach is shrinking.

Which is harder for you all... week time or weekend? For me as I'm a teacher I find the week slightly easier as from 8am til 5pm I'm kept occupied.

Cheers for the help guys and well done to you all!!

For me, during the evening at the weekend. Weekday evenings are fine, but last weekend it was an awful struggle. Know what u mean bout the shakes tho - I have only had one today... Eeek!! Having said that, I didn't start work until 1 hour ago and will be here until 6 so there's plenty of slurping time yet!! Mmm choccy tetras.... Haha

Sauce xx

I actually don't know at this stage. I think that working up the plans is probably essential. I didn't do this last time. And also I stopped weighing myself and went into denial so I am going to do this on a regular basis still. I am getting married next year so I am hoping this will help but I am still very scared of putting it all back on again.

Back