Starting TS 7.11.11 with 5stone to lose...need help and advice xx

Charlie247

Hi, im new to both this site and the exante diet which i start tomorrow...i really wanna reach my goal weight of 8 stone by June next year that means 5 STONE to go which seems like an impossible goal but i am determined to get back into my suitcase of size 8 and 10 clothes in my attic!!!
The most impossible task is going to be drinking all that water...i HATE water!! Has anyone got any tips for me for this diet and anyone fancy being my weight loss buddy:wavey:

Hello

Hello and well done for starting your challenge i started 2days ago ..

im hoping to get to a healthy size for my 5.3 height ,

im also on total solution . i dont mind drinking water but i hated the soups . I will only be buying shakes and bars.

good luck with your goal and if you need a chat message me ....:)

Hi, I've started today and got lots of weight to go... over 8 stone!! I find water ok in the summer but in the winter it feels weird and cold! I've tried to mix up flavours today to make it more interesting so I've had peppermint tea, ice tea and sparkling water. I've had about 1.5 litres so far but only 1 glass of normal water.

Hi guys, your target is achievable, ibe lost a stone and 2.5 pounds in 3 weeks and um not being funny bit general thumb of rule is that the more you have to loose the faster it seems to initially come off!
Good luck this is a great website someone always knows the answer to what ever the question.
Get slimming x x x x

Hi, im new to both this site and the exante diet which i start tomorrow...i really wanna reach my goal weight of 8 stone by June next year that means 5 STONE to go which seems like an impossible goal but i am determined to get back into my suitcase of size 8 and 10 clothes in my attic!!!
The most impossible task is going to be drinking all that water...i HATE water!! Has anyone got any tips for me for this diet and anyone fancy being my weight loss buddy:wavey:

Hi, I start my Exante tomorrow and I have a friend who has lost alot of weight on it and now could be a supermodel!! I'm so nervous about the diet and just hope it suits me well.

With regards to the water don't worry about it, at first you will hate it and then after a week or so i bet you'll find that you crave it more - a little tip for you is that its so much nicer ice cold and also breaks down calories the colder it is!! I hope we can become good blogging buddies during our diet as we are starting at around the same time and we can work together on our goals! Be good, get slim!! x

Hi guys!

I'm starting Exante TS tomorrow too - been meaning to for months now, but I have a habit of leaving making the shakes til I'm ravenous (out of pure laziness!) and then all I want is food, food, food. So as of tonight, I've decided to make up tomorrows shakes and put them in the fridge. I work as a support worker, so I don't always have time to make them fresh during the day, and I figure this is the easiest way to make sure I'm gettin them on time!

I'm looking to get down to around 9 stone, maybe less if I can (I'm only 5ft so I feel I could be smaller :( ) - I had a really bad year in 2010, and gradually gained around 3 stone since then, so I'm now 11 stone which is the heaviest I've ever been. I started working out over the summer and lost around 4 inches off everywhere, but looking at photos, I think I need to lose some weight and then tone up some more.

Any tips or advice or anything would be greatly appreciated, and vice versa, I'd love to help anyone, anyway I can.

Good luck to all of you starting it / who have started it recently - we can do it! :D

Also, I find an easier way to get more water in, is to dilute the shake right down - I don't really have a sweet tooth, so I use at least 500ml of water in the shake alone and it still tastes pretty good! It doesn't give you ALL the water you need, but it definitely helps. I bought the orange water flavouring as I usually have squash or cordial in my water, but I find it has a horrible bitter after taste - might just have to stick to plain ol' water :(

Hi there,
I saw your post and I thought I might stick my beak in to help you. I dont think you are supposed to make up the shakes the night before as you must drink within 20 mins of preparing. I think the nutritional value of the vits/minerals etc breaks down very rapidly and you wouldnt be getting everything you need. I find it you whick very fast with a fork it only takes 2 mins. Also I find drinking cold water hard now its the winter. Black tea and coffee is a great way to increase your water intake. best of luck

Thought I'd stick my beak in too - I got a shaker bottle like people use at the gym for protein shakes ( in the sale for £2). It takes about 15 seconds of shaking to mix it all up and then you can drink straight from the cup. It's much easier than using a blender every time

Think noble is right, you have to drink the shakes and soups pretty much straight away. Perhaps you could nibble on a bar while your at work ?

Oh, I find the bars horrendous which is why I'm purely on shakes. I'm finding that it takes me about an hour at least to drink the shake anyway, I'm naturally a grazer so I find it keeps me from rummaging through the cupboards if I have some shake at hand. May just dilute it less, knock it back, and then sip on water in between. (yuck :sigh:)
I only have the one beaker, which I keep at home as my mom uses it for her protein supplement too - might have to invest in one for work as well then so that I can at least make two of my shakes fresh.

Also, I'm on nutritional support too; vitamins, minerals and herbal support for digestion (my mom's a naturopath, had to come in handy!) so I'm not too worried about how much of the shake I need health wise, I'm on between 75-100% of my RDA for most things without it.

I'd suggest this for anyone on a VLCD anyway, especially if you have digestion issues anyway!

Re the shakes, I dont like the flavour of any of them. I drink them down in one massive gollop with my nose closed! I see it as a functional thing and not for pleasure. I like the odd glass of Coke Zero to taste something I like, but if I drink more than half a can I get terrible hunger pangs an hour later!... The reason we do this diet is the amazingly fast results and I always weigh in everyday to keep me motivated. Each to their own though, as long as it works for you.x

Oh, I find the bars horrendous which is why I'm purely on shakes.

You can have the Tesco Ultra Slim bars instead of the exante ones. The nutritional value is pretty much the same and they are genuinely really nice. There are a lot of people on Minimins that do this including me.

What I do is buy the bumper pack of 50 shakes for £59.50 off the Exante website (£5.05 delivery) and then either order the bars with a Tesco delivery from their website or just go to the store. Its £3.50 for 2 boxes of 3, therefore around £17.50 for just over a months worth. £82.05 for a complete month. Quite a saving there! x

Thanks, I'll try the Tesco bars out... I have the bumper pack of strawberry shakes, as they're the only ones I enjoy.

On a side note, completed my first day of 100% TS today, woo! Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, slight headache but I'm having an early night anyway.

How did everyone else's day go?

Good luck guys you can all soooooo do it, the Tesco ones are much nicer honestly
Make sure you drink loads of water as that will ease some of the Hunger issues .
Keep going guys !!!!!!!!!!,

How are you getting on today?
I'm about to venture out for bouillion and maybe some tesco bars if I can find them. It's day 3 and is much much easier than day 1. Still a bit peckish but I think my brain is catching on to the fact that I am not going to eat!!!!

i've just finished day 2, and a long late shift at work... was craving a bag of crisps when i got in but i stocked up on water and have come to bed.
oh i can't wait for it to pay off on the scale, i'm starting to feel a bit awful :(

I know the feeling. I keep seeing food adverts on tv and I have to switch over, I simply can't watch! I'm on day 3 and I have to say that today I have felt a lot more energetic compared to yesterday when I felt quite light headed and faint. Have had the odd hunger pang but just drank water and seemed to help. I even treated myself to a bottle of coke zero which was the highlight of my day!:)

Back