Stayed the same AGAIN! GRRR ARGGHHHH

I dont know what it could be but im having a red day today,
Going to have tuna salad for lunch
And maybe gammon or steak for supper......but what do i have with them?
Ruthy xxx

I usually have a small jacket potato or I cut a small jacket into wedges, spray with frylight then bake in the oven. Yum! :p

Salad it is.
i shall let you know how it all goes, dont laugh but how long do i cook a steak for.....pmsl i have never cooked one before and i want it crucified. Could i use a George Foreman?
Ruthy xxx

Excellent idea! George grills are perfect for chicken and steak. Cook it for about 4 mins (as it cooks both sides at once) and you will have your steak well done. Just spray with frylight before grilling though!

Im having a green today i have chickened out
Red tomorrow it will be easier
Ruth

Okay thanks im going to try it tomorrow
xxx

I love my georgie!! Ive never used any extra oil and it cleans up lovely. Amazing how much fat and liquid comes out of the meat.

Right! im having a red day today and im going to make some burgers with some lean mince! im so excited, also im going to see if i can get some lamb mince and maybe add some mint sauce to it and make some lovely minted lamb burgers! oooolala!

Well ive just made some minted lamb burgers and the were really nice :)
Only thing is they didnt sell lean lamb mince so i just bought a organic pack.
Should i count it as syns?

Also i made a lovely mint sauce

Fat free greak yogurt
Mint sauce
Dried mint leaves
pepper
salt
and a shake of sweetner to taste

Beat any kebab house mint sauce if i say so myself ;)

God almighty im turning into a domestic godess!

Sorry honey!!!! I find that if I have too many green days I don't lose either. It's just down to metabolism I guess as I have a friend who can eat carbs like no one's business and lose just fine!

I try to alternate red and green for variety and to keep losing. I don't eat loads of meat either, so I sub quorn fillets (cracked black pepper are nice) and quorn pieces as well to my diet. I do like baked tofu as well although I know it is an acquired taste.

Good luck hon!!
x

Im trying, i just hate doing reds, i find i dont eat hardly anything only to get trapped into the "your not eating enough" mode and i stay the same.
I love quorn, and i do also substitute for meat too.
Ill let cha all know how i do
Ruthy xxx

Hiya all
Sundays le menu is as follows

Breakfast- 28g of honey nut shreddies

Mullar light X2

Lunch Minted lamb burgers which i made myself and salad

Snackajacks delights choc chip -3 syns

2 eggs salad cream 2syns

2 slices of ham.

5 glasses of water.

I soooooooooo hate red days
Ruthyxxx

oh and a apple lol

Thanks Sam, i realised that but i forgot to mention i had my minted burgers in a wholemeal Allisons brown roll.
I also intened to have a tuna salad, but on red days i find my appitite drops so much because i dread it. Good you may think .....but no......ill end up having a good binge!
Sometimes when i am on green days i crave meat such as sausages or beef mince so when i get these urges i intend to follow them up with a red day.....i know i dont make much sense lol, ....i do like meat, but i couldnt eat meat all day eeeeach!
Ruthy xxx

I understand where you are coming from Ruthy!! I find when I choose a green day, I then want 'red stuff' and when I choose a red day.....yes you've guessed....I want green day food! I think thats just our mind playing tricks on us...ie, because we can't have it, we want it!
What I try and do is use my HE b's. So if I have a red day, I have potatoes/wholemeal pasta as my he b's and if I have a green day, I try and have the meat options as my he b's. This way, when its all on your plate, it looks like a 'normal' meal... ie meat, potatoes and veg etc.

When I first discovered SW, many years ago now, I was a vegetarian and only ever had green days. I still managed to have good losses and reached my goal many times!! (yes, like most dieters, I regained the weight and so the cycle begins!!)
However, in recent years, I started eating meat again but always seemed to have more green days still because I couldn't get my head around red days and like you, found I ate less, felt hungry and deprived and couldn't wait for the next day so I could go green again!
Then, after losing weight on a low carb diet (yes, I've tried them all!!) and learning all about carbs, I then couldn't get my head around green days(!) so I concentrated more on planning red days and found once I got into the swing of things, there was as much available on red. I also have found that probably due to my constant yo yo dieting over the years that consuming large amounts of carbs just doesn't work for me anymore.....so red days it is for me, maybe with the odd green one thrown in here and there.

Sam
xxx

I so wish i had your attitude, i have seriously got issues with meat, when eating my lamb for instance i had visions of this little lamb jumping round a field, i feel really guilty with it.
IM just a big softy at heart BIG being the word lol
Ruthy xxx

Back