Stefanie's Food Diary - Extra Easy

HI

Soup looks good! did the slow cokker thing work or did you have to turn to the pots and Pans.

I've just had a mental blockage - doing green today so I usually use HEXA for milk or cheese - but forgooten how many Babybels i can have! DOH! they are in my bag shouting at me to eat them but don't want to eat to many....oh boy..

How are you feeling on the Eat as much as you like diet?

Kats

xx

Hey there,

Soup worked really well and tastes really good. I just left it overnight on low and then mushed it up with a potato masher, so quite rustic. I added some brown rice too just to give it a bit of body. Babybel light are 3 for hex or 2 for original. I am feeling great, my confidence has grown and I just feel like this is for life. This is the longest I have ever done this and I just subscribed to another 3 months online as I hope to hit target by the end of March....no rephrase...I WILL hit target lol.

Coming back on plan after Christmas and New Year was so hard to do. I had 2 weeks off plan and I really didn't want to get on the scales. I can honestly say, just forcing yourself on the scales and back on plan is the best thing to do. A day later and I was back focused. Your mind does terrible things to you so I try to see the positives.

How are you finding it? If you hit any walls or need any advice, I'm always here for that extra push xx

Thanks Stefanie,

You sound really focused, and your really doing well 18lbs so far wow....

My only problem is can I really eat this much? plus When I'm having a huge meal where all the food is free - hubby always says - thought you were on a diet or if I eat my curly wurly I get from colleagues at work thought you were on a diet......GOD. Then I'll lose weight and they say your looking good you don't want to lose anymore...So back on it goes been like this since leavng school god thats umpteen years...

This time though I do want to lose it and I'm hoping doing it the SW way it should come off (ok it will come off).

Ha Ha

Kats

Yeah you definitely need to be in the zone. I lose between 1-2 pounds a week and that is with generally eating 7 syns per day and having Saturday as a kind of off day, where I make something a bit more special and have a couple glasses of wine. I eat loads at dinner, but only to a point where I say I'm satisfied. I try to save one hex during the day so that if I still feel hungry later, I'm not sitting craving bad food and can have a snack bar, bit of cheese etc.

One tip that has helped me is that I just don't tell many people i'm doing sw, for all the reasons you just mentioned. I think it causes your mind to constantly think about food. My hubby knows obviously but I don't make a big deal out of food at home. I used to tell everyone on previous diets, "oh I lost 2 pounds" and then a month later realise that I put it all back on and the pressure of failing caused me to overeat and back to square one. It might not work for you, but keeping it low key (apart from on here lol), sometimes works better.

I also try to incorporate small changes too like, I made a burger and topped it with hex cheese, tomato sauce, onions and wrapped it in a big lettuce leaf....it was just amazing and I didn't miss the bread.

I will try add more photos as I go and will let you know if I come across any extra tasty recipes as some on here, even though everyone says yum, are a bit bland and you have to force yourself to eat lol. xx

Thursday 13 January

B: ff yogurt, pear and apple.

L: leftover chicken stir-fry from last night and a finn crisp (hex) with one lcel (hex).

D: prawns with wholemeal spaghetti, sauce made from tomato, basil, onion, mushroom, garlic, mushroom, asparagus, chilli and a touch of ff yogurt. Added a bit of tomato sauce and light Mayo at the end to add a bit of oomph (2 syns).

S: 2 Finn crisps with 2 lcel (hex).

Syns: 2

45 min power walk.

Last edited:
Hi

I like that idea as then theres no pressure to lose it. As your losing it for you - if you know what I mean. And people look at you to see any differences. Heres Hoping this time....

Menu looks good I dont eat fish (apart from tinned tuna) - but the sauce sounds lush...

Kats
x

Thanks KatKit, I'm the same with fish as i'm allergic, can only eat tinned tuna and prawns. But tbh, I never eat tinned tuna as just the smell makes me feel a bit queasy :) but prawns seem to be more meaty. Weigh day tmrw, let's hope I have got rid of my Christmas pound gain :)

Friday 14 January

Phew...was a toughish week but have shifted my pound xmas gain :) Now I can go back to having my syns as normal!

B: ff yogurt and an apple.

L: 2 boiled eggs, 2 finn crisps (2/3 hex), 1 lcel (1/5 hex), beans, salad and bit of last nights spaghetti (1 syn).

D: baked tattie with beans, cheese (hex) and salad, tbsp light Mayo (2 syns).

S: Pint of beer (10 syns), 1 Finn crisp (3/3 hex) and lcel (hex)

Syns: 13 syns

Last edited:
Well Done on losing your christmas lbs whoo Hoo.:)

Now its the fight to get the rest of it off - we can do it...:)

Kats

xx

Saturday 15 January

Long lie in so I will start with lunch.

L: 2 bacon, 2 boiled eggs, beans and 2 Finn crisps (hex), tbsp light Mayo (2 syns), ff yogurt.

D: chicken in breadcrumbs (kfc style) with sw chips and homemade cowslaw, broccoli. (2 syns) for Mayo and creme fraiche in cowslaw.

S: bite of banana, ff yogurt, grapes, tangerines, 3 glasses of wine, elevenses bar.

Syns: probably 40 today, all very much enjoyed.

45 min power walk.

Last edited:
Sunday 16 January 50 syns left

L: 2 eggs, cowslaw, sw wedges (1 syn for cowslaw), ff yogurt.

D: wholemeal spaghetti, mushroom, onion, broccoli served with sauce of hex cheese, ff natural yogurt. Side of cowslaw (1 syn)

S: Finn crisp and lcel (part of hex), apple, tangerine

Last edited:
Monday 17 January

B: 2 finn crisps (2/3 hex) topped with 2 lcel (2/6 hex) and grated carrot, ff yogurt and a tangerine.

L: 2 boiled eggs, new potatoes with 1 finn crisp (3/3 hex), 1 lcel (3/6 hex), salad of grated carrot, cabbage, onion - 1 tbsp light mayo (2 syns), tsp mustard (0.5 syns).

D: chicken curry done in slow cooker served with green beans and cous cous.

S: Apple, 3 tangerines, oaty bar (3.5 syns)

Syns: 6

35 min power walk/jog

Last edited:
Hi

Menus looking good - although were you not hungry on Sunday, doesn't look like you ate much!

Kats

xx

Hey Kats,

I was up a bit later on Sunday, but agreed, I didn't eat as much as I should have. Making up for it now :) xx

Thats my girl.....

I've never eaten so much - but I am trying keep the portions sensible...

Kats

Tuesday 18 January

B: ff yogurt and a tangerine.

L: sw wedges topped with grated cabbage, onion and carrot mixed with ff natural yogurt and 30g reduced fat cheddar cheese (hex). Tbsp of light mayo on the side (2 syns).

D: last nights chicken curry served with wholemeal pasta and carrots.

S: slices of pineapple, finn crisp (1/3 hex) with a lcel (leftover hex), alpen light (3/3hex)

35 minute power walk. 10 mins weights/sit-ups

Last edited:
Yeah Kats, I'm the same, I try hard to make sure I don't heap my plate like I used to :) my hubby put on 2 stone because of my half plate portions of mashed potato lol! xx

Wednesday 19 January

B: all-bran (20g - half hexa) with splash of skimmed milk as I hate milk (part hexb), ff yogurt and a tangerine.

L: leftover chicken curry with pasta, tangerine and pineapple.

D: chicken coated in seasoned breadcrumbs (rest of hexa), beans, potatoes topped with cheddar cheese (hexb) and salad.

S: alpen light (3 syns)

Syns: 3

10 mins sit-ups, 45 min power walk

Last edited:
Hi I'm trying the easy extra option cos it seems to be less hassle - any ideas for main meals am struggling with a partner who doesnt eat veg and I dont have time to cook two meals

Back