Step away from your home scales..

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Or chuck them out, give them to a neighbour or whatever!

Too many of you are taking sneaky peeks at ur scales & when they say a gain u get disheartened etc & post about how unhappy u are which could make u think why bother & eat rubbish.

Please please for ur own sakes don't look at the scales before ur wi day.

Hope u don't mind me saying so, u know who u are...

How on earth did you know.... oh yeah right...... you referring to nearly EVERYONE here - not just me.... I think this is Mission Impossible..... but I totally agree..... the scales are evil.... the devil in disguise..... but we are like moths to a flame..... OMG the number of times I have shouted and got cross with my poor darling children or DH or even my mother because of what the scales have said and then it starts to fall apart and then I wish I had never looked!

I will try from tomorrow.....

I can't get rid of my scales, as I do SW from home lol

That's fine if you only use them on wi day pmsl

I'm just concerned 4 some of the peeps on here that keep looking everyday, its not good..

I can't throw ours away, my DH checks his weight EVERY day. Thing is, he is over weight but, doesn't seem to be prepared to try to lose it. I am hoping he will lose some weight as a result of everyone eating the same as me for the evening meal. But, judging by the size of the Banoffee cheesecake portion he ate last night, I am not overly confident.

Eeeeek let me pick up the nearest pillow and hide behind it in shame....I am terrible for checking my weight but in my defence I don't have scales...just the wii so I don't do it everyday as its a faff to do...I am trying to just have a midweek check in and then once more on the morning of m weigh day so I have a wee clue how Ive done ;)

Or chuck them out, give them to a neighbour or whatever!

Too many of you are taking sneaky peeks at ur scales & when they say a gain u get disheartened etc & post about how unhappy u are which could make u think why bother & eat rubbish.

Please please for ur own sakes don't look at the scales before ur wi day.

:eek::eek: big bear do you have a cctv camera in my house :cool:

I cant dispose of my scales as hubby uses them but, I will tell him to hide them.

But I do what what you mean, when I weigh and see even 1/2 pound on, I just blow out for the rest of the day.

now tell me big bear, what will I do if I get withdrawl symptoms from not weighing??

I'm a self-confessed scales-hopper, but I very very rarely let it get me down. Generally it just spurs me on to have a 100% day on SW. I weigh in at home, so like BritMum I can't throw them out. I'm more intrigued by the fluctuations over the course of a week than anything. The only WI I really pay attention to is the one on Friday morning :) xx

Im guilty of doing this today. :eek: Home scales never bothered me before i never used them but now i'm eating better i couldn't help the curiosity! I stood on them today and it said i'm 2lbs down since wednesday. :O I hope its not lying lol! Anyways to avoid getting into this habit regulary i'll chuck them out and stick to SW's scales :)

Guilty!! There's no real point though as mine always say the wrong weight and are about 2lbs out from the sw ones. I jumped on the other day and apparently lost a stone then jumped back on and gained it...all in the space of 30 seconds. I find that it keeps me on track though sometimes and makes me behave :)

before i took the battery out of mine (hubby has hidden it!) I would try various parts of the bedroom, despite that it would be less than 1/2lb out. I found the ideal spot when they were in tandem with the SW scales, but when they went beserk on me, out came the battery!!

Back