steps

CambridgeKez

Hi all, I've done SS for majority of weight loss, then CDC put me on 810 when BMI hit 25, now I'm 2 lb off goal of 9 stone & BMI 22. When will I move up a step or 2? I don't want to buy CD products for longer than I have to, I wondered if I could use food lists in book & do 1000, then 1200 etc...without sachets but extra of these foods? (my hubby has just started CD too so I could do with healthy eating & portion control)
x

CambridgeKez said:
Hi all, I've done SS for majority of weight loss, then CDC put me on 810 when BMI hit 25, now I'm 2 lb off goal of 9 stone & BMI 22. When will I move up a step or 2? I don't want to buy CD products for longer than I have to, I wondered if I could use food lists in book & do 1000, then 1200 etc...without sachets but extra of these foods? (my hubby has just started CD too so I could do with healthy eating & portion control)
x

Hi CambrigdeKez :). Congratulations on getting so far you've done really well. Do you want to go up to 1000 now? If you do, just let your CDC know and then at least you'll be saving a bit of money each week:). Im no expert and everybody is different but surely you'll lose 2 lb over 2 weeks of 1000, 2 weeks of 1200 and 2 weeks of 1500? Best of luck whatever you decide. Xx

Thx Soel, saw my CDC this morning & I am on step 3! wooohooo...
Been shoping for fruit, granary bread, potatoe....yes potatoes!
I'm making a list of meals for week ahead so I know what i'm doing.
xx

CambridgeKez said:
xx

Good luck on step 3 and enjoy - great to have more doing it on this thread

CambridgeKez said:
xx

It's so exciting buying the food isn't it (I know I'm a bit sad lol). Planning is good, you'll do fab x.

Is there somewhere people post food diaries day to day on 1000? I'm interested how others eat their 1000 allowance. This is mine for yesterday, I loved every bite;

Breakfast- CD Porridge

Lunch- 1 med boiled egg, sliced on granary bread & mixed green salad (with drizzle of honey & mustard light dressing)

Dinner- 60g lean sliced ham, 1 med egg done in fry light, 180g homemade oven chips with fry light & salad garnish as above. ( this was heaven!)
Dessert- 100g apple

Evening Snack- cup a tea & CD chewy choc bar

2litres of water through day in addition to tea/coffee

I meant to add, I felt like a normal person yesterday. Full but not over eating. Ate healthily & enjoyed the taste. Rather than shovelling gready mouthfuls down for the hell of it.
Good luck all with your maintenance
Xxxxx

CambridgeKez said:
I meant to add, I felt like a normal person yesterday. Full but not over eating. Ate healthily & enjoyed the taste. Rather than shovelling gready mouthfuls down for the hell of it.
Good luck all with your maintenance
Xxxxx

Hi CambridgeKez, your step 3 food looks really nice and I'm glad you're enjoying it. It sounds like you've got a great, healthy attitude to going up the steps :). Xx

Thanks Soel, I'm really determined to see this through & keep weight off. Before CD I ate stupid, I would eat fine through the day but after dinner, I ate for the hell of it, chocolate, ice cream, cheese, popcorn, toast, basically constantly tripling the days calories in snacks. So now I'm not eating after 6pm. End of. I know my weak time was watching TV grazing on food.
I'm watching less tv but when I do, I'm on laptop or ironing or basically doing something to occupy hands/mind. I've also learnt that breakfast is important. Now I wake up hungry because I've not eaten after 6pm the night before & porridge keeps me full till lunch. I hated porridge before CD, I forced it down at first, having to gulp water with each mouthful so i could swallow it, sometimes it went in the bin until eventually I grew to love it. & I really love it now, amazing how CD has changed my taste buds in such a short time. Maybe the starvation made it taste good lol.
Xxxx

Evening snacking was a terrible habit of mine too, and like you say it mucks up the natural feelings of hunger in the morning. Glad you persevered with the porridge lol and found that you like it now :).

Good luck hun, you can do it xx

Snacking yum yum- I often had no dinner when I came home from work and just snacked all evening- soo not good!!

Here's to quitting that snacking habit!!

day 4 - Tuesday - (step 3 1000)

Breakfast- CD Porridge (6am) I start work at 7am.

morning snack- cup a tea & CD chewy choc bar(9.30am)

Lunch- 1 med boiled egg, sliced on granary bread & mixed green salad (with drizzle of honey & mustard light dressing)- (12noon)

Dinner- I tried another meal under 400 cal from Asda. Chicken in peppercorn sauce, roast potatoes, carrots & brocoli. Oh my god, everyone go out & buy this meal, cant believe how tasty it was, the chicken was tender & fell to bits, the roasties mmmmmm, delicious creamy sauce & the best bit, this one was only 300 calories so I bulked it out with a large portion of green beans. Really full. These meals are on introductory prices so from £1.50 - £2 at moment.
Dessert- 100g apple

2litres of water through day in addition to tea/coffee

Day 5 Wednesday -tomora I will be having.......

CD porridge @ 6am & a brew

CD Peanut crunch bar (def my fav) @ 9.30am & cuppa tea.

Lunch @ 12 - 1/2 med boiled egg sliced, 1 slice ham & mixed green salad on 2 low cal brown brea & water - lots

Dinner - I am going to another meal under 400 cal - not decided which one yet. & an apple & usual 2 lt fill of water through the day.

My hubby is on SS so not worth me cooking for 1 at the moment. When he moves up steps though this will change :)

Not posted on here for few days. Been eating well & 100% on step 3.
Weigh in later. My scales are saying 1-2 lb loss. That will get me at goal of 9st.
I'm moving to step 4 today too for 2 weeks then step 5 for however long?
I'll post later confirming my weigh in but loving maintenance & then out with girls tonight for Chinese & Vodka & dancing. Finally I can pick anything in my wardrobe to wear. I've gone from my few old faithful pieces to being spoilt for choice. It's an amazing feeling, hope u all get this high soon, Nothing tastes as good as slim!

Whilst I was on SS & step 2 I used to crave bread & chips, I've had a bit of both on maintenance & the saying the grass is always greener comes to mind. My tastes buds have changed. The diet works, I no longer crave stuff, I'm not obsessing about food anymore, it's just fuel. It's strange.

Good luck over weekend everyone Xxx

CambridgeKez said:
Not posted on here for few days. Been eating well & 100% on step 3.
Weigh in later. My scales are saying 1-2 lb loss. That will get me at goal of 9st.
I'm moving to step 4 today too for 2 weeks then step 5 for however long?
I'll post later confirming my weigh in but loving maintenance & then out with girls tonight for Chinese & Vodka & dancing. Finally I can pick anything in my wardrobe to wear. I've gone from my few old faithful pieces to being spoilt for choice. It's an amazing feeling, hope u all get this high soon, Nothing tastes as good as slim!

Whilst I was on SS & step 2 I used to crave bread & chips, I've had a bit of both on maintenance & the saying the grass is always greener comes to mind. My tastes buds have changed. The diet works, I no longer crave stuff, I'm not obsessing about food anymore, it's just fuel. It's strange.

Good luck over weekend everyone Xxx

Fantastic post :) brilliant that you have the choice of your wardrobe too. Can't wait to be joining x

Back