Stewed fruit

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by shrinki, 31 August 2011 Social URL.

1. shrinki

shrinki Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(20.75%)
    Diet:
    Primal
    Morning, I'd like to cook some apples and plums to serve with low fat custard (which I'll syn).

This is the list of ingredients - apples, plums, juice of one orange, orange zest, ground cinnamon and water. Is it still free if it's cooked?

Thanks for your help.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
    Cooked fruit has syns in, and the orange juice will also need to be synned-not sure of the syn values off top of my head but I'm sure someone will come along with the answer :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

4. fennerxo

fennerxo Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(11.04%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    once you change fruit ie cooking it/stewing it/mashing it it changes the fruits chemicals in it and then they are syned! I would just cut the fruit up then it is free x

5. shrinki

shrinki Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(20.75%)
    Diet:
    Primal
    Oh - glad I checked! I just checked and 100g pureed is 2 syns (syn free fresh). Apples 85g stewed without sugar is 1.5 syns. I think I will make the baked apple and blackberry recipe from this months SW magazine and serve with WW vanilla yog instead of custard. I am craving cooked fruit now! Thanks for your help.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.