Stewed fruit

shrinki

Gold Member
Morning, I'd like to cook some apples and plums to serve with low fat custard (which I'll syn).

This is the list of ingredients - apples, plums, juice of one orange, orange zest, ground cinnamon and water. Is it still free if it's cooked?

Thanks for your help.

shrinki said:
Morning, I'd like to cook some apples and plums to serve with low fat custard (which I'll syn).

This is the list of ingredients - apples, plums, juice of one orange, orange zest, ground cinnamon and water. Is it still free if it's cooked?

Thanks for your help.

Cooked fruit has syns in, and the orange juice will also need to be synned-not sure of the syn values off top of my head but I'm sure someone will come along with the answer :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

once you change fruit ie cooking it/stewing it/mashing it it changes the fruits chemicals in it and then they are syned! I would just cut the fruit up then it is free x

Oh - glad I checked! I just checked and 100g pureed is 2 syns (syn free fresh). Apples 85g stewed without sugar is 1.5 syns. I think I will make the baked apple and blackberry recipe from this months SW magazine and serve with WW vanilla yog instead of custard. I am craving cooked fruit now! Thanks for your help.

Back