Sticking to plan over Christmas?

I really admire all of you who are planning and know what you're going to do and how you're going to stick to plan! Well done! I'm seriously impressed.

I have my work xmas party on 19th - I've chosen melon starter, turkey main and fruit salad for pud so I can hopefully spend a few syns on booze. Not going to have too much though (for a change!). Then it's my birthday on 20th and OH has booked a really nice meal out for us, so I need to check out the menu and see what's most SW friendly. Christmas eve and day is with my folks, so my mum should be ok with me eating carefully - I will have to avoid the trimmings but will spend some syns on roast parsnips and spuds. I am going to volunteer to drive (which is torture, because my Dad's a wine buff and always serves delicious wines with dinner!) and will take us to OH's folks house for Christmas Day evening and boxing day. Will be harder at his parents house, but will do my best. And we always have a good long walk, which will help a bit.

I think I will need to plan some free treats to nibble so I don't feel deprived of munching over the festive season...

I intend to eat sensibly(ish) over Xmas Day and Boxing day, and get back on plan the day after Boxing Day. I don't drink alcohol so New Yr (we are at home anyways) won't be a problem.

I am thinking along the lines of quality rather than quantity. I certainly don't want to put 1/2 stone back on!

i'm gonna stick to it to i can't fall off i don't get back on plus we r going to a party new year and i want to get in my dress.

I will be sticking to it as much as I can. I am sure I will still have a good time no matter what. The only thing worrying me is having a 3 week gap between weigh ins as my class is on a Thursday so won't be a weigh in xmas week or new years week. Arrgghhh lol

I'll try to stick to plan over Xmas and will be driving so I can avoid ovfer indulging on the vino. Hope for a loss.

Great thread. My plan is to put on 1 or 2 pounds! I figure that this is how I will eat forever now and I think for my birthday, hubby's birthday, son's birthday and xmas I will have 4 weeks over the course of each year where I will allow myself to put on a little bit of weight, provided I am prepared to either lose it before or after. Do you know what I mean? I think it's fair to accept that there will be times in my life when I'll want to go a little mad and will have a 'bad' diet.

So I'm prepared to have a small gain over xmas. My plan though is not have have a mega gain (which I surely would have before SW), but to have a controlled time whilst still eating an unusual amount of 'naughty' stuff. We normally have a cheese/wine/bread buffet xmas eve so I will have a green day and just use both hxs and hxbs on cheese and bread for the evening, syn the wine and hopefully have a good day, having had free food during the day.
Xmas day will be red at my mum's who is also on SW thankfully - so the main food itself should be fine - lots of quorn sausages wrappe din bacon, lean pork stuffing and of course loads of turkey, 2 HBs of potatoes, syn some gravy and my other syns will be christmas pud (which we eat on our plate with the turkey, gravy etc!) and then chocolate and wine. I can go without mincies and christmas cake but WILL need my chocolate and a glass (or 5) of red.

I'm working the day after boxing day so back on track then and working til 10pm on xmas eve so it'll just be a normal day for me which from a diet point of view is excellent as I should be well on track.

I just wouldn't look forward to Xmas if I thought the food weren't going to be special!

Emerald
X

Back