Stitchy's weight loss diary!

Thanks tilly and abz :D I might WI on Monday, I'll see how I feel... (i.e. I'll see how much food my MIL feeds me :p). I'm planning on taking some skimmed milk with me for the weekend, as I'm forever drinking tea when we're there and that semi skimmed milk must add up. Plus I'll probably be having cereal for brekkie, so it makes sense :)

I've been a bit lazy with posting, but everything's been going well here. I'm at home today and was yesterday too, still not heard anything about the potential job coming up or anything, plus with people being away I haven't had anything to do so I thought I'd spend a couple of days watching CSI.... :D

Plan for today:

Cereal, fruit and milk (HEA, HEB)

Leftover paella (1)

Leek and Pea Pasta (B)

I really fancy a Greggs Yum Yum today - according to the Greggs site that's 340 kcals - 17 syns!! I think I will get one and save half for hubby :D

My meals look the same every week, but I am trying a new recipe once a week, so it's not like I'm eating the same stuff for weeks on end :D

well done babes. sounds like it's going well. i am feeling really really munchy tonight. usually there's left over pasta that is filling but i made parmesan chicken and veg for tea so have just wolfed a banana in the hope that it will keep me going until morning :)

abz xx

So, I decided to WI this afternoon when I got home - I lost 1lb, so I'm pleased with that :)

I have just gone for quite a fancy meal though - mushroom tart with poached egg and hollandaise sauce, aubergine and tomato lasagna, and half a raspberry creme brule with shortbread (shared this with hubby, hence half). I dread to think how many syns were in that - at least I've got the rest of the week to be good! :D

Well done on the weight loss :D

The meal sounds lovely.

Well done! A 1lb loss later in the day means it would probably have been closer to 2 if you'd weighed in the morning so you should be really proud of yourself. It'll also have given you a buffer for your meal out. Just stick to plan the rest of the week and I'm sure you'll have another fab loss.

Congratulations on your half stone loss!

Thanks :) I keep telling myself that I might have lost more than 1lb, hopefully it will be useful for WI next week :)

Things are still going well here - am currently working on upping the exercise. So far so good. Did some Zumba on the Wii last week, which is fun but amazingly difficult with my coordination (or lack of).
Went for a 5k run/walk the other day which was really good, and swam 75 lenghts in the pool yesterday. Quite fancy some more Zumba today but I think I might have injured my arm by overdoing the swimming :rolleyes:. I'll see how it feels later :D

I'm starting to do some planning for the holiday I'm going on in a few weeks - hubby and I are going up to Scotland for a week. We're starting with Edinburgh for a weekend, then Skye for a few days, then back to Edinburgh via an overnight stay in the Cairngorns. It's mainly the meals out that are worrying me, although hopefully they'll be offset by lots of walking if the weather is ok :)

Nothing more to write about really, so I'll just jot down my plans for the remainder of the week :D

Today:

Crunchy Bran (B), Milk (A), Fruit, Yogurt (1)
Leftover Risotto with Cheese (A), cut up vegetables. Mini twix (2.5)
Pasta with veg and philadelphia (B)
Snacks: plums, apple, 2 homemade biccies (9)

Thursday

Eggs and Beans, Milk (A)
Leftover Pasta (B), oatybar (B)
Jacket potato with vegetable and bean chilli, maybe some cheese (A)
Snacks: fruit, quavers (big bag = 9), gin and slimline tonic (2.5)

Friday

Cereal (B), Milk (A)
Nimble (B) with Cheese (A) and chopped up veg
Baked butterbeans and potatoes
Snack: fruit and some synnable items :rolleyes:

Saturday

.... I don't know yet, but it involves potatoes and quorn pepper steaks for tea. And probably leftover butterbeans for lunch omnom :D

So, despite last week's WI looking promising for this week, I STS. D'oh!

Off to play badminton soon, so I'll write a bit more when I get back :)

You didn't gain - that's the main thing. Do you know what caused the STS? I'm just praying for a STS this week - * week plus migraine means I've only been on plan for about half of the week. :s

Nope, can't thinl of why I sts - as far as I know I stayed on plan all week. I've put it down to just being one of those things :rolleyes:

I'll try and eat a bit more fruit/veg this week, and keeping my syns to around 10ish - let's see if that will get me into the 10s.

I'm away for the next two Sundays, so I'm going to WI this Saturday (10th) and then on the Tuesday the week after (19th).
We'll be staying in a B&B for part of the holiday, so I hope they'll have decent breakfast options... I'm a bit worried that I'll be stuck having Weetabix, which I really don't like :eek:.
We're going to pick up some fruit, probably apples and bananas, so at least I should have something to snack on :D. I'm also taking some HEB cereal bars with me, and probably some mug shots and a thermos flask full of hot water for when we're out walking. I hope it doesn't rain too much :)

Anyway, here's the plan for this week:

Monday
Cereal (B) with Milk (A) and Fruit
Leftover pearl barley with butternut squash, spinach and tomatoes
Quorn Spag bol with lots of veg and some cheese (A)
Snacks: Fruit, oatybar (B)

Tuesday
Leftover spag bol, but probably not with spaghetti, imagine eating that at work...
Chickpea tagine with vegetables and couscous (2 syns)
Snacks: Fruit, ryvitas/oatybar (B)

Wednesday
Leftover chickpea tagine and couscous
Leek and Pea Pasta (B)
Snacks: Fruit

Thursday
Baked beans and poached eggs (not cereal! :eek:) Milk (A)
Leftover leek and pea pasta (B)
Warm lentil salad with poached egg (egg overload on Thursday...)
Snacks: Fruit, oatybar (B)

Friday
Bread (B) and Quorn, chopped up veg
Lasagna (A)
Snacks: Fruit

And then around 10 syns every day, because I rarely plan them out in advance unless they're used in meals :D.

Beyond Friday, plans are a bit sketchy. I'm thinking eggs and beans for brekkie, maybe a sandwich for lunch... :D

I'm back! I had a nice break in Scotland, it was wet and windy and consisted of lots of walking :D

I had my WI before I left, and I was at 11st 1 AGAIN. So I STS that week.

On holiday I tried to stick to plan at the beginning, and didn't really do too badly throughout.
I did weigh myself yesterday when I got home, and was in the 10s! But I had hardly eaten or drunk anything that day, so I decided to wait til this morning for my proper WI. I wasn't in the 10s, but I was 11st! So I lost 1lb :D

I have planned everything I'm going to eat this week, but the sheet of paper is stuck on the fridge at home, so I won't write it all right now, apart from today:

Cereal (B) and skimmed milk (A). Bananas are still too green :(

Bread (B), cheese (A) and quorn, spread (2), chopped up veg.
Jammy Dodgers (4.5 I think - I'll have to look back at my diary...)

Vegetable paella with quorn sausages (2 - if I remember to buy some before I get home :eek:)

Snacks: apples and pears :D

Thanks tillymax :) Unfortunately I gained 1lb last week, and since then I had a bad week, being generally off plan. So I gained 0.5 lb this week too. Completely deserved :(. Anyway, I'm drawing a line underneath it:

Fresh start :D.

Goals for this week:

1. No meals out this week, so stay on plan for the whole week

2. Start the C25K running plan. Go for walks on non-running days to keep up with it.

3. Carry on doing arm and abs exercises to compliment my running

4. Post in minimins more often - to keep me on track. I read every day, but don't often post - and I have the time to do so :D

5. Try a new recipe ;)

6. Post my eating plan for the week once I've made it :D

Good for you! We all have bad weeks and it's so easy to fall off the wagon completely if we don't draw a line under it. You're still doing really well. I think you're right about writing on here - I've not been great about it recently and haven't been as good as I should be. I think minimins definitely keeps us on track!

Good luck for this week! :D

Thanks helzzz! :)

Things are going well this week so far. Abs exercises yesterday morning and arm ones this morning, planning on going for that run later. Hoping it will dry up a bit outside, but it's not going to happen, is it? :D

I said I'd post my food plan, so here's what I've eaten/am eating/will be eating this week :)

Monday

- Cereal (B) and Milk (A)
- Leftover tagine (2) and potatoes
- pasta with vegetables, cheese (A)
- snacks: apple, pear, oatybar (B)
Used syns for some sweets (2.5) and half a pint down the pub (4.5, I think)

Tuesday

- Poached Egg on toast (B), tiny bit of butter (It didn't even register on the scales :confused: 1 syn), Milk (A)
- leftover pasta, 2 eclair sweets (2)
- potato salad (some syns for mayo, need to research), quorn sausages (2), probably some veg on the side
- snacks: apple, pear and probably a cereal bar (B)

Wednesday

- cereal (B) and milk (A)
- Leftover sausages and potato salad (need to work out mayo syns...)
- egg noodles, sweet and sour quorn (around 4 syns I think)
- snacks: the usual :D

Thursday

- egg and beans, milk (A)
- leftovers from dinner (so 4 or something :D)
- mushroom bolognese with wholewheat spaghetti, might use HEB oil for this
- snacks: oatybar (B), fruit

Friday

- Beans on toast (B), Milk (A)
- leftover bolognese, pasta
- quorn biryani (some syns for curry paste, but I got the one lowest in cals :D)
- snacks: the usual

Saturday

- eggs on toast (B), Milk (A)
- jacket potato and beans (maybe)
- vegetable lasagne (A for cheese; might also use some syns for white sauce. I'll see how I feel...)

Sunday

- breakfast :D might be egg on toast again, or maybe cereal... (B), Milk (A)
- leftover lasagne (A)
- pearl barley risotto with butternut squash: made this a few weeks ago, trying to remember how I made it that time :rolleyes:

2.5lb off, to take me to 10st 10 lb this week :D. It makes my BMI 25, which is soooo close to normal...

I'm really happy with my loss this week - I've been on plan all week and have done exercise virtually every day too.

Woo! :D

Congratulations hun. 2.5lb is awesome! You've obviously been really good this week.

Only 0.5 til you're normal (well - as normal as you can be :p ) you can so do that this week and then think how amazing you'll feel - what an incentive!

Have a fab week!

Back