Strange Things People Say

Dutch

Goodbye Tum
Had a few today, thought we'd 'share'

My dad says, how do you stop losing weight on this diet of yours?? I'm worried you'll be anorexic.

My friend said, surely just eating on Christmas day won't ruin everything (I'm sick of explaining about ketosis)

Another friend said, you won't lose too much will you. (no I'll stop now at 16 stone 9 just to please you.

Sometimes I wonder......:rolleyes:

I think that sometimes folks don't really know what to say to us! Therein lies the problem.

They don't understand about ketosis or the CD Diet - if it were WW they do understand.

Don't worry about it - you'll be fine!

:)

My friend said, surely just eating on Christmas day won't ruin everything (I'm sick of explaining about ketosis)

Another friend said, you won't lose too much will you. (no I'll stop now at 16 stone 9 just to please you.

yes i can understand your feeling ..its the same around me.
but friends doesnt like to see you change ..its like loose the old one..no danger when you are fat to make a shadow around them..
now you change for the better.

well done to you xxx

got a comment from a friend today, she was talking about a man she know she said " he used to be huge but hes lost 7 and a half stone in 15 weeks, dont you do that, its probebly dangerous, aim for a pound a week " had to explain cambridge to her all over again, incidently if i had aimed for 1lb a week it would have taken me 6 years and 10 weeks to get to goal

also my daughters nurse was telling bout how she thinks vlcd's are bad for you she suggested i join weight watchers as shes lost a stone in 4 years, thats her choice of corse but again would take me 14 years at that rate to get to target

I think as it's drummed into people that slow is best. They don't realise that if you are more than a stone or two overweight we can't wait that long, we love food and would cheat. I'd too have to wait years claire and years I aint got.xx

yep according to my doc im a heart attack waiting to happen, not sure my heart would understand waiting 14 years

also my daughters nurse was telling bout how she thinks vlcd's are bad for you she suggested i join weight watchers as shes lost a stone in 4 years, thats her choice of corse but again would take me 14 years at that rate to get to target

LOLLLLLL

yep according to my doc im a heart attack waiting to happen, not sure my heart would understand waiting 14 years

doh my maths are bad, would acctually take me 56 years but hey i would be slim in time for a casket

Hi all - read your threads with interest - the thing I am most frustrated about is that my immediate circule of friends that I see day to day in the playground when dropping my kids off (I work from home so don't have any work colleagues that see me day to day) is that they have said nothing! I know my weight loss has been gradual as I have struggled with this diet (still think its the way to go tho) but this time last year I was 3 1/2 stone heavier, I have just had a "splurge" and lost another 11lbs in about 6 weeks and no-one has said a word! I am in a loose 16 jean now (I was bursting out of my 18's in the summer), wearing stuff I haven't been able to wear for years and not one of them has mentioned a thing!!

My hubbie is very supportive and thankfully I can see (and feel) a difference so that keeps me slogging away. Perhaps when I lose my last chunk hopefully in Jan/Feb one of them might say something! I can say - hopefully can by then - that my total loss will be approx 5 stone!!

Part of me wants to think they see me as the person I am and that they don't notice my bulges!!!

Don't get your hopes up NooNoo - I've lost 5 stone in the last 4 months and there are still a lot of people that haven't noticed (or choose not to comment at any rate). My jeans in that I was wearing at the end of July were a 24 - the ones I have on right now are a 16 and my previously size 20 tops are now a 14 - you'd think people would notice wouldn't you?!

MM x

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH they best notice.

Also the ones who do say, oh you're looking, I say yes I've lost three stones in six weeks and then they say, how much do you weigh now then??????????????????

Only you lot who can work it out and my cdc know the truth, I know they're not being rude but I would never ask anyone how much they weigh even my size 6 buddy xx

I think folk are threatened to some extent when they see someone who they always thought of as "big" lose a lot of weight, and as quick as we all have.
I laughed tonight at a friend who mentioned that she was at a meeting today (I wasn't there) and they were all talking about one of my best friends, a guy, who I told about LL and he started on it, (I am on that by the way). He has been on it for about 5 weeks and lost heaps of weight. My friend then pointed out that I had lost a lot too but they were like "has she?" Cheek!!!!
Now that isn't what I expected but there you go.
I have now started to get the "when are you going to stop this then?" questions and "haven't you lost enough already!" type comments, well, no I haven't. I am not yet happy with my shape and I would like to continue on until I am happier. I know that I won't take it too far as some are saying because I just want to get into better shape than I am and not be a bean pole.
Not much fear of that!!! lol

Hi all - read your threads with interest - the thing I am most frustrated about is that my immediate circule of friends that I see day to day in the playground when dropping my kids off (I work from home so don't have any work colleagues that see me day to day) is that they have said nothing! I know my weight loss has been gradual as I have struggled with this diet (still think its the way to go tho) but this time last year I was 3 1/2 stone heavier, I have just had a "splurge" and lost another 11lbs in about 6 weeks and no-one has said a word! I am in a loose 16 jean now (I was bursting out of my 18's in the summer), wearing stuff I haven't been able to wear for years and not one of them has mentioned a thing!!

My hubbie is very supportive and thankfully I can see (and feel) a difference so that keeps me slogging away. Perhaps when I lose my last chunk hopefully in Jan/Feb one of them might say something! I can say - hopefully can by then - that my total loss will be approx 5 stone!!

Part of me wants to think they see me as the person I am and that they don't notice my bulges!!!

Dont be disheartened by people not commenting. You can bet a lot of them WILL have noticed but for some reason 'dont like' to mention it. I found that a lot. When my weight loss started I was so p'd off that no one mentioned it, now 8.5 stones later they cant help but lol But I dont know how many people have said 'You know I thought youd lost weight but didnt like to mention it' :rolleyes:

Back