Strictly Come Dancing

rosinakathleen

Big, busty and Blowsy!
Come on, own up, who will be watching this? I usually do but don't know if I can bear to watch Anne Widdicombe dancing!
Maybe she will be this years John Sergeant and win all the sympathy votes.
Never mind, not long before Dancing on ice starts!

The version here is Dancing with the stars, starts Sept 22nd on ABC, we have Len and Bruno as judges. This seasons "stars" include - Bristol Palin - (daughter of Sarah Palin) Michael Bolton ( and yes I am a MB fan) Jennifer Grey ( from the original dirty dancing) and Brandy ( R&B singer)... and David Hasselhoff (if he can stay sober long enough and doesnt pig out too much on cheeseburgers - but could be good for a laugh ) but the rest I have never heard of.....still I guess its better than last season when the only ones I could name were Kate Goslin, Pammy Anderson and Nicole from Pussy Cat Dolls.... anyway have set my DVR to record as it starts the same time of the new series of House....

Oh I love house!!!!

I love it. I watched it when prenant with my first child. It was on whilst I was in labour...but when H told me to watch it to take my mind of the pain I told him where to go.

I'm preggers with my 2nd so I guess the same will happen again..

I think wotsisname is so sexy with his stubbly chin.....now if only he would have a crew-cut he'd be perfect!

Oh I love Strictly (and all the other
"trashy" reality programmes). I know people roll their eyes at me but it's my guilty pleasure.

xxx

The version here is Dancing with the stars, starts Sept 22nd on ABC, we have Len and Bruno as judges. This seasons "stars" include - Bristol Palin - (daughter of Sarah Palin) Michael Bolton ( and yes I am a MB fan) Jennifer Grey ( from the original dirty dancing) and Brandy ( R&B singer)... and David Hasselhoff (if he can stay sober long enough and doesnt pig out too much on cheeseburgers - but could be good for a laugh ) but the rest I have never heard of.....still I guess its better than last season when the only ones I could name were Kate Goslin, Pammy Anderson and Nicole from Pussy Cat Dolls.... anyway have set my DVR to record as it starts the same time of the new series of House....

Surely Jennifer Grey will have the same sort of advantage that Nicole from the Pussycat Dolls had last season? She has been taught by Patrick Swayze and all!

I loved Niecy last time - great advert for bigger ladies. Here in the UK, we get Anne Widdecomb!

I absolutely love Strictly. Can't wait for Saturday night. Easy watching and a bit of fun with the judges too. Bruno and Craig really make me laugh.

Think Ann Widdicome is this years comedy entry, bless her. Matt Baker will probably be good and he's easy on the eye!

That's my saturday nights mapped out for the duration! And the celebrities are mostly people I know for a change. I :heartpump: Anton, hope he's got someone decent this year.

Strictly Come Dancing line-up is revealed

_49015089_strictly_topbodypic.jpg
Daniels, Williams and Henson (L-R) still do not know who their partners will be
Rugby player Gavin Henson, magician Paul Daniels and former Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams will all compete in this year's Strictly Come Dancing.
They will be joined by former soap stars Kara Tointon and Tina O'Brien, actress Felicity Kendal and former MP Ann Widdecombe.
Ex-England goalkeeper Peter Shilton, actress Patsy Kensit and presenter Matt Baker are also included in the line-up.
The show's eighth series launches on 11 September on BBC One.
Continue reading the main story Related stories

That programme will see the celebrities meet their professional dance partners for the first time. The first live show will follow several weeks later, on 1 October.
_49020831_jex_801248_de30-1.jpg
Please turn on JavaScript. Media requires JavaScript to play.

Behind the scenes of the new series of Strictly Come Dancing

Completing this year's line-up are EastEnders' and former Bill star Scott Maslen, comic and psychologist Pamela Stephenson, DJ-turned-actor Goldie and film actor Jimi Mistry.
Mistry, another former resident of Albert Square, has film credits including East is East, The Guru and Blood Diamond.
Tointon played Dawn Swann in EastEnders but left last year, while O'Brien played Sarah-Louise Platt for eight years in Coronation Street.
_49015088_strictly_body2.jpg
Peter Shilton (centre) holds the record for the most England caps
Baker, who now appears on Countryfile, is a past Blue Peter presenter.
Daniels, 72, said: "I feel sorry for anyone who gets lumbered with me because they are really going to have their work cut out.
"I guess they shouldn't be very tall!
'Negative opinions'
It was recently announced that Strictly's co-host, Bruce Forsyth, would not be presenting the Sunday night results show this year.
He is being replaced by Claudia Winkleman, who will appear alongside Tess Daly.
Forsyth will continue to host the BBC One Saturday night competition shows and will also host the launch show.
Judges Len Goodman, Craig Revel Horwood, Bruno Tonioli and Alesha Dixon all return to the panel.
Dixon received criticism for her role last year after she replaced former Strictly judge, Arlene Phillips.
"It was hard last year because there was a lot of negativity before I'd even started," she said.
"But I am a fighter and I was determined to not let any of the negative opinions get to me," she added.

Surely Jennifer Grey will have the same sort of advantage that Nicole from the Pussycat Dolls had last season? She has been taught by Patrick Swayze and all!

I loved Niecy last time - great advert for bigger ladies. Here in the UK, we get Anne Widdecomb!

Yes I think Jennifer Grey will have some advantages but she hasnt danced in a while and like the rest of us is getting older :cry:

Niecy was brilliant, totally agree a great advert, she looked brillaint

How did I know Anton would be paired with Anne Widdicombe!?
Rumours are the dancers are on a pay per programme rate, so poor Anton prob won't be getting rich this series!

How did I know Anton would be paired with Anne Widdicombe!?
Rumours are the dancers are on a pay per programme rate, so poor Anton prob won't be getting rich this series!

Lets hope she doesn't have the John Sargent factor, it wont be pretty.

I'm backing Felicity Kendal. She looked great tonight.

One of the new male dancers looked hot!

Back