Sts weight on 3 days of attack :( UD now lost 4lbs :)

Kf12g10

I'm so disappointed, I've stuck to it 100% and not lost a single pound - I don't unerstand?

Day 1:
Breakfast: 1.5tbsp oatbran and skimmed milk (porridge)
Lunch: Prawns with garlic and lemon yog dip
Dinner: Chicken Breast and 2 yogs
Snacks: 1 slice of ham

Day 2:
Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with half a slice of ham plus natural yog flavoured with lemon and sweetner
Lunch: Prawns and Tuna (in brine)
Dinner: Trout with garlic and herbs
Snack: Porridge

Day 3:

Mackerel pate (2 slices smoked mackerel with quark)
Vanilla yog (onken fat free)
3 chicken legs (no skin)
Tuna (in brine)
8 crabsticks
3 more chicken legs for dinner
Oatbran porridge

:confused:

After 5 days attack and 2 days cruise (1 PV day) my 'transit issues have almost resolved and I'm now 4lbs lighter :party0011:

Last edited:
There are lots of possible reasons -

water retention (you have a few salty things in there, worse if you are adding salt too)

Transit

TOTM (more water retention)

Maybe not drinking enough

Yogurts (most of us have been tripped up by yogurt, some stall with very little, some 0% yogurts have sugar in them, some pots are massive, so lots of natural carbs)

I would say that the smoked fish, tuna and crabsticks on day 3 have probably pushed your weight up (but it will go again - it's just water).

Hang in there, it will come off. As your BMI is already good though, it may take longer than you thought (your body will be hanging on to the lbs more than someone who has a BMI of 30, for eg).

There seems to be quite a few issues here for an attack week. I am sure one of the "professionals" will be along shortly but off the top of my head -

What sort of yoghurt are you eating? It should only be fat free yoghurt during attack week

What sort of ham are you eating? This should also be very low fat

Tuna in brine - you should have it in spring water as the salt in brine can lead to water retention

Smoked fish again very salty

Crabsticks are not really recommended as they contain sugars

How much water are you drinking a day? should be minimun 2 litres

Are you doing a 20 minute brisk walk every day as recommended?

I was wondering if it might have something to do with the fact that your bmi is already within the healthy range. And the weight you are aiming for is close to 'underweight' on the bmi scale.

I would imagine that is why you are not seeing the dramatic losses that most of us, who are actually in the overweight bracket, are seeing.

I agree with all the above and one other issue could be if you have been dieting before starting this diet as that can lead to attack not being as much of a shock to your body as not dieting before.

Hang in there.........I agree with all of the above, but it could be something more basic; as the Attack phase can cause constipation, so you could just be 'bunged up' with extra weight!!!!:rolleyes:

Try eating meat instead of fish, I imagine the body works harder to break down a piece of steak than a bit of fish which must contain lots of water, esp the crab sticks.

Yesterday for breakfast I had a sweet galette with greek yog flav with vanilla, lunch was 2 x 6oz turkey burgers with a dry fried egg on top, dinner was 2 x 1/4lb steak burgers with mint yoghurt, another burger later as a snack, about 3 frothy coffees and a jelly.

Weighed myself this morning and I had lost the 2lb 4oz that I gained the day before when I had my gala day (chinese banquet leaving do). I didn't do any walking, exercise either as we had visitors arrive for a couple of days.

Since leaving out crabsticks and eating more 'chewy' proteins, I have found that I lose an average of 2lb a day, especially if eating steak mince.

;)

Right I'm drinking 2L water, iv not had anything smoked or any yoghurt at all the last 2 days. Yesterday I'd lost 2lb but today I've put on 1lb :(

So in 5 days of attack I've lost a grand total of 1lb

Should I give up? Will this diet just not work for me?

I'm so upset :'(

I have massive transit issues and i'm ridiculously bloated, I feel hungry all the time - I just hate it :(

I'm going to get some low fat mince today and beef to see if this helps

Did you find out your true weight on the dukan site? It is free. It may be that you don't actually need to lose much. 5 days on attack seems an awful lot for the weight you have to lose.

It said my true weight was 8st 0, I'm 9st 5 now so nearly a stone and a half to lose.. Did attack for an extra day but it didn' work clearly.. I'm doing a PV day today but so scared as ppl say the scales go up and i'll end up more than I started!!

Last edited:
You are already a healthy weight for your height and the goal weight in your stats would actually make you underweight!!!
I should think you've not lost any weight because your body does not need to lose any weight.
We are the same height and your start weight is almost the same as my goal weight.
Sorry I cannot give any consructive advice but imho if your stats are correct, you really do not need to diet.
Perhaps exercise to tone up is what you really need if you are that unhappy with how you look.
Good luck. :)

I know my stats say that i am 'healthy' but I am a size 12 - 14 and would love to be a 10 :)

The Dukan site did say I should be 8 stone so I still have nearly a stone and a half to lose

Anyway...

Wait for it

Overnight it seems

I lost 4lbs :D

I guess I just needed to stick at it!! Bring on next week :)

I'd buy new scales :D

Back