stuck..

kimy27

Hi I started slimming world in February and have lost 11lbs which is great. However now I can't seem to get below 9st 8lbs. I am going on holiday in 7 weeks and I really want to be closer to 9st by then. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I mostly do green days but have a couple extra easy days too.

Breakfast- banana, shape yogurt.

Lunch - 2 slice toast (heb) and spaghetti hoops, bowl of grapes
or tuna pasta with large salad

Dinner- batchelors macaroni cheese with broccoli & cauliflower
or filet steak, chips, tomatos & beetroot
or batchelors beef savoury rice with onions & curry sauce
or veggie burger on a roll (heb) with chips, tomato & beetroot
or chicken breast with mixed salad.

I snack on fruit during the day.

I have 5-7 syns during the week and save the rest for the weekend.

I drink 1.5 - 2 litres of water a day.

I dont do green days so I cant really advise on that, but I do know that on weeks where I eat more than 1 pasta n sauce or mugshot I have bad losses :( I really dont think they agree with me for weight loss.
I know its not the same for everyone but there may be something like that with you, it might just be a case of finding it and cutting back on it.
Also even though you dont need 1/3 superfree on green or red, the more of it you eat with your meals the better your losses will be.
Try and hunt out super speedy foods and include them at every chance as well.
Good luck :)

food diary looks ok, the only thing I could suggest is to mix it up a bit, maybe try different healthy extras, eg not bread try scan bran or ceral instead of your toast etc.

also, you're getting towards the low end of the BMI for your height, just be careful that you don't go too far, but only you know when you're ar your limit x

I would switch to extra eaxy for a few weeks honestly, the heb are carby and can bloat you up. Also stick to muller light not shape. The bachelors have some syns so i would stick to free ones and vary you dinner a little. More superfree veg needed, as fruit isn't always the best for weight loss!

Equi - I'm a bit confused by your post - B choices will not stop you losing weight, they are there for fibre and are necessary. Carbohydrates may bloat you up, but not everyone. Why mullerlights and not shape? I'd say mullerlights were higher in calories? Again, both are free foods anyway.

I would steer clear of the pasta in sauce and savoury rices, but only because they are processed foods, not for any other reason. They are free foods on SW, so again, will not stop you losing weight.

My advice - up the superfree foods and reduce free foods slightly, don't save syns, have a daily amount, and mix things up a bit.

As previously said, you are nudging towards the lower end of a healthy BMI so maybe don't need to lose much more weight.

I didn't make myself as clear as i could have, one heb should be a high fibre cereal and one bread, not both bread. Sorry for the confusion. As for the shape, i just meant that there are a few that are synned and should just be careful. The only muller light that is synned is the cherry.

Oh thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will look at the recipe thread and try to get some ideas to mix it up a bit. :)

I'm not great at including super free foods so I think i'll make a big pot of super free soup and start having that for my lunch.

I know I'm at a healthy weight but I still have a bit of a tummy. I want it to be nice and flat when I'm wearing my bikini on holiday :p

Maybe try and concentrate on doing specific exercises on that area then? :)
It's quite ordinary for your weight loss to have slowed down though, the closer you get to your goal the harder it is to lose!

As said it definitely slows down so they say. Work on your torso with sit ups and crunches, they really tone up your belly.

I think you guys might be right. Perhaps 9st is a bit too low so I've changed my goal weight to 9st 3lbs. That means I have 7 weeks to lose 5lbs instead of 8lbs :)

I have been doing planks to try and tone up my stomach. To be honest I think my main problem is bloating. My stomach can be really flat in the morning and then as the day goes on I look like I'm 6 months pregnant. I hate it.

Peppermint tea is great for bloating if you think it's that give it a try x

Maybe try cutting out the bread just for a week and see how you go? Bread really bloated me and if I ate it every day I wouldn't lose weight.

What about trying red for a week? I love green but don't lose weight on it.

I'm on my phone so I can't see your stats, but maybe your body wants to settle at that weight. But keep up the exercise and you will see results soon I'm sure.

Back