Student Red's re-start diary.

Phew... Stress is over!!
I tidied the living room, sorted the laundry and put a load of clothes in drawers, oh and tidied kids room... All kids now in bed and I am lying on the bed... I did eat a homemade biscuit, but that I because son 1 made them at school and was eager for everyone to try them. I did pick the smallest but it will have put me over syns!!

It could have been a lot lot worse had I succumbed to my stressed state and allowed myself in the kitchen... Normally that would have meant biscuits, choc spread sandwiches, crisps... So I am actually feeling proud of myself.

Here's to a stress free day tomorrow

Morning. Here's to a stress free day today.

Today will be EE.

Breakfast - Oat so simple multigrain, milk
Lunch - Veggie soup, bacon roll (6 syns), banana, yoghurt
Dinner - chicken, potato and chickpea curry (3 syns)
Snack - cassava crisps (4 syns)

Need to keep away from the kitchen for the rst of the night now.

Last edited:
I didn't BUT, I got a couple of slices of ham and some chunks of cucumber... So still on plan.

Today EE.. Bit of an odd and busy day today. EE.
Breakfast - apple, banana, pear all kiddie funsize.
Lunch - leftover curry from yesterday
Dinner pork satay 2.5 syns.
Snacks - cassava crisps 4 syns, mars bar 11syns.

Slightly over today :(

Ah well I have been under on a few occasions throughout the week so fingers crossed it balances out across the week.

The pork satay stir fry was ok but not much flavour, little bit disappointed tbh.. What I could taste of it was nice though.

It was from a multipack and I'm sure it was 220 calories so I just went by the 20cal = 1syn rule.. Hopefully I'm not too far wrong. Not sure if they were the same size as single bars, multipacks are often smaller aren't they?

Well today should be a roast but I forgot to take the chicken out the freezer and my micro is being dodgy so I will need to rethink dinner!

Breakfast - bacon and egg roll.
Lunch - ham and mushroom quiche with beans, banana with yoghurt on top.
Dinner - french chicken breast (1.5 syn) roasties (1syn), veg
Snack - custard cream biscuit (3 syns) choc spread (6syns)

Last edited:
Aaaargh! Don't go blaming me lol.....

Yeah I just thought could get a chicken breast defrosted in a day but not a whole chicken. I need to amend it to say 2.5 as I used oil on the roasties.

Wow That is all the syns I have had today... The kids are eating choc ices, they look very tempting.

Weigh in this morning I lost 1lb 12oz pretty happy with that :)

It was my first day back at uni today and I have completely messed up!,

I sarted well and had a bacon butty (hb) then met a friend after seminars in the cafe and out of complete habit bought a bakewell flapjack!! From looking online it is 460 calaries therefore 23 syns!!!!!!!!!!! It just shows how hard habits are to break.

Sooo get home, eldst son says he wants to eat after athletics which leaves me needing to feed younger 3, I decide to feed him, me and hubby after athletics. Being a smart arse..and hungry.. I decide to turn it into a red day in order to avoid extra syns, meaning I can have a roll as a 2nd hb and hm burger served with chips. Aha you have probably spotted my mistake - chips aaaarrrggghhhhhh.... Anyway it wasnfar to late and I was far too hungry to try and find an alternative especially as it was all cooking by the time I realised...

Soo chips on a red day and 23syns!! How rubbish :(

I am really going to need to be organised so this doesn't happen again.

I think that is going to be my nemesis, organisation!

Green day today.

Breakfast - toast with peanut butter ( syns)
Lunch - marmite pasta with cheese.
Dinner - chips, savoury rice and mayflower curry (5 syns)
Snacks - crisps (6.5 syns) pear.

I hadn't actually planned a green day (see what I mean about planning!) but those were what I felt like.. I have had a busy day of shopping.... for a new laptop, car bits and peices and christmas presents... I'm tired now.

Uni then shopping tomorrow. I need to try and do some sort of meal plan ahead of going to town. I might try and do it in my lecture lol.

Breakfast - weetabix (b), milk (a)
Lunch - asda pork cocktail sausages... Need to check syns.

Uni then straight shopping is knackering. I might have to rethink that strategy. Maybe home and lunch first before going shopping. That would also solve the problem of being hungry during shopping.

Breakfast - bacon butty (b)
Lunch - savoury rice, ham, cheese (a)
Dinner flexi synning.....

I will be on plan until this eve and then I will be having a birthday dinner and drinks :) I wont be feeling guilty about syns and will get back on plan straight away in the morning.

It is my birthday :) I have just made a chocolate cake... For the kids, you understand, right, not for me ;)

I had to lick the bowl seeing as there was no one else here to do it for me! I have had lunch so here's hoping I can last till tonight... I might shove a banana in my bag for after uni as we are going straight out to my niece's birthday until about 7.30 :) Must stay on plan (as much as possible) until this evening.

Back