Student Red's re-start diary.

MIA due to horrendously falling off plan... Wine, malibu, cake, chocs, doritos, takeaways etc etc.

2lb gain today, to be expected but I am back on plan today...
B, egg on toast.
L, savoury rice.
D, curry and rice,
S, crisps 9 syns, chocs 10 syns.

Little bit over but controlled.

Well after being awol for nearly 2 weeks I am back... I will weigh on Monday to see what the damage is :/

I have had my birthday, then son 2's birthday, just over a week away is hubby's birthday and then 2 weeks after that is son 1's birthday.... Busy time ofbyear this. I have also been trying to help get the Mature Student Society more established at uni so have done a coffee and cake morning and a film night and last night was a nght out at a cocktail bar... I will be stepping back a bit after christmas as the numbers/awareness seems to be increasing now.

I have been trying to stay on plan but I am only really managing SW meals, everything else is rubbishy food... I'm not entirely sure how to drag myself back on the wagon!

I sometimes find that as long as my meals are SW friendly, it goes a long way to helping! Sounds like you've had an exciting couple of weeks though - you need to have a social life as well as be skinny - there's no point in being skinny if you don't have friends to enjoy it with! ;)

Very true Laura :) It was thoroughly depressing in the student union bar though. Loads of size 8, 18 year old girls, wearing not much clothing lol. Im glad us matures were hidden away in the corner haha.

Brekkie - banana
Lunch - mushroom risotto
Dinner - fajitas... I will be synning the components of dinner :)

Today is

Yesterday was..

Lunch - carrot and coriander soup, boiled eggs, banana.
Dinner - Gammon, roasties, sweetcorn, carrots, sprinkle of gravy.

KitKat chunky (13syns), cupcake x 2 homemade no idea on syns.

Today.
Lunch - Carrot and coriander soup, sw chips n dips (4syns)
Dinner - chicken breast, mash, veg mix, gravy (2syns)
Snack - beans.

fun size crunchy (4syns)

Last edited:
I don't know haha. That's why I haven't put a syn value. I will try to find out at some point.

Today is EE.

Lunch - carrot and coriander soup, sausage batch (hb, syns)
Dinner - tuna mash and beans

Crisps (7.5syns)

Omg I am such a failure!!! I made the kids scones and the little two took a few bites and declared them to be inedible...instead of just chucking them out or feeding them to the big kids or husband... I bloody ate them... Waaaaahhhhhhh... 15 syns not inc the marge and jam :( I have no willpower :(

I might try not to eat for the rest ofbthe day to balance it out :(

Last edited:
Wow no idea where the days are going!
Food has been ok the last couple of days.

I really must try to come on here each day and update properly.

Today's food.
Brekkie - cheese on toast x 2 (a + b)
Snacks - banana (free) 3 squares of dairy milk ( syns)
Dinner - left over cottage pie (1/2 syn)

I also had 1 crisp forced upon me by my daughter lol I'm not sure it is possible to syn it ;)

I really want to start going swimming but it is so awkward as the most ideal time is directly from the school run but the pool is closed for school use at that time. I'm not sure I could afford to go often but I would like to go once a week.

Omg I am struggling to keep on top of anything. My whole life is a chaotic mess.

I need to get a grip.

Back