Stuff to do to Distract or Treat Yourself

Shuffler

Was wondering what you all do to distract yourself from the hunger or cravings!

I'm thinking a nice hot bath, or painting my nails or something like that will help.

Thought we could all share different ideas.

Watch telly
come on here and Facebook
bath
early bed

work full time, and apart from a 11:15 snack habit that appears to be the hardest to break ( I have half a bar then, cut into little squares)
I also walk most of my lunchbreak
OH is very good in wanting a walk after teatime

oh, and I play with my computer, stuff like sort out my music
put DVDs on my iPhone

and up n down the stairs to pee
a lot
Must go.......
;-)

Surfin Minimins for inspiration, online window shopping, reading a good book, watching cooking shows on telly & having a nice cup of hot tea! :)

Surfing the net and online shopping! Keeps me much amused!

Im the same maggie up and down the stairs to pee. Starting to wear the carpet out. I half the shake so ive got something for mid evening when the hunger sets in.

Online window shopping and looking at holidays dreaming about actually being about to wear a bikini without it looking like cheese wire.

Wish I had room to grow veg, but have the tiniest back yard known to woman - and it is full of the council bloody bins, bins for this, bins for that, I know we have to recycle but this is getting rediculous! Nowhere to even sit and catch some rays when we get some.
Bren xx

This may sound a bit screwy and might not be for everyone, but I scrutinise cook books and cooking magazines for great sounding recipes and work out all the nutritional stuff and then save it in my phone for when I am eating again. Bit sad but it floats my boat.

When I can't even face that and there is tasty food about owing to husband & daughter's dinners, the bath is the only place - no food smells, just a deep hot soak when I contemplate where I have come from and where I am going diet wise.

Like the others, coming on minimins can also be very helpful.

xxx

Braver than me peony with thecook books
I honestly am putting off my one meal a day working solution week, as I have to plan it
I am slowly getting my ingredients together after planning from a rose elliots low carb veggie recipe book
just need the veggies, and I am ready
(it's so much easier doing total, I know I will lose that way)

I have been watching Masterchef - sort of to deliberately de-sensitise myself to food imagery!
I don't have a bath in my flat, just a crappy little shower, but I went to my mum's the other night and had a nice long soak. Made me feel real nice! I bought a sachet of face mask and everything!

:mad::banghead::raincloud::argh:*tsk*
getting involved in a sh*t storm of a mountain out of a molehill in facebook

Bah ! :mad::mad

So glad I wasn't the only one addicted to recipe books! I got a fab chinese one the other day that makes it easier but also in a really healthy way! so excited to try it

:mad::banghead::raincloud::argh:*tsk*
getting involved in a sh*t storm of a mountain out of a molehill in facebook

Bah ! :mad::mad

Seems to be a lot of it about lately - across assorted fora, as it happens. Personally I blame the weather causing cabin fever, and everyone needs a bloody good party.

Peony you look amazing!
I have to say just looking at your before and after pics are enough to distract me. :wow:

Love Myr xxx

Cross stitch is brilliant, it is really addictive and takes your mind right off food, I usually have the radio on in the background.
Gardening, it makes you move and tone up.
My standard fallback if I don't feel like doing any of those things is either spring cleaning or making curtains/bedspreads for the house.
Finally checking out the internet for all those brilliant clothes I'm going to get when I'm thin :)

Back