Stupid Question

tinks_88

Hi again guys, i know this is probably a really stupid question but if i wanted to make potato wedges, would i need to cut up the potatoes and boil them for a few mins before i put them in the oven, or just cut - season and straight in the oven, iv got maris piper potatoes - hope they are ok??
Thanks Guys, any help would really be appreciated!

i boil mine for about 5 mins then when draining shake them abit to fluff them up makes them crispier:D

There are different schools of thought on this one! I pop mine straight into the oven, gas mark 7 for about an hour - just take them out & respray after about half an hour. Yumm - that me decided on dinner for tonight!

I cut them up, spray the tray, spray the wedges and stick them in the oven for about an hour on a high setting (about 220). I never parboil them.

i was wondering what to have for dinner lol chucked some wedges on and gonna have with quorn sausages beans and cheese mmmm

I don't bother boiling them first and they always come out lovely.

I never par-boil, too much faff and mine come out yummy!

Which store sells these Maris Piper potatoes because I couldn't find them in Asda the other day? Can we use any other one? What is so good about Maris Piper ones?

Back