Stupid questions probably

zoebear

Im waiting for my packs to arrive tomorrow, but a few queries. Im on 3 a day, plus multi vit

Is that everything I have? And I keep going on that until I reach target weight? Do they send full instructions with the packs.. I've looked round here a bit, but picking up bits and pieces and just want to make sure I've got it right.

Here is the note you will get with your order, but essentially if you're on 3 per day you need to take a multi vit and add 100g of chicken or white fish, and you can optionally include the vegetables listed on the sheet:

http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/vlcd-values/Full-VLCD-Programme.pdf

You can have a maximum of 1 bar per day, and a maximum of 1 product made up with skimmed milk (the porridge or the crispy shakes). Or you can make everything up with water and keep the milk 'allowance' for using in hot drinks. Other than that what packs you have is up to you. So you could have 3 shakes a day, or 3 spag bols for example. Whatever works for you. And yes, you stay on it until you're done but they do suggest you take a break or add a meal after you've been on it for 12 weeks before going back to the 3 packs regime.

Hope this helps.

Oooh do you mean I can have tea if I use the milk for that? It's the one thing I miss on a diet is my cuppas.

Thank you. Massively helpful. X

Yes, if you don't use the milk in the shakes you can have it in tea / coffee. Ration it tho as you can only have up to 150ml of skimmed milk per day.

Yes, if you don't use the milk in the shakes you can have it in tea / coffee. Ration it tho as you can only have up to 150ml of skimmed milk per day.

That's good news! I love the odd cuppa tea or coffee. And I dont object to the decaf versions so I'm happy to know we can have a little milk! :)

Does it have to be decaf ? It's not a problem but I will need to get some in as I've just got normal tbags

No you don't have to have decaf. I'm enjoying a fully caffinated black coffe as I type!

zoebear said:
Does it have to be decaf ? It's not a problem but I will need to get some in as I've just got normal tbags

The information sheet provided by s&s says that you should pick the decaf versions if you must have tea or coffee.

But like others have said, they have full caff and are just fine. I know you aren't allowed caffeine on Atkins as it affects the ketosis.

I would like to be able to have normal coffee a caffeine is an appetite suppressant, or so I heard on supersize vs superskinny! Lol :)

I don't see anything about decaf on my information sheet. It just says 'You may also have Black Tea or Coffee with artificial sweetner or any herbal teas but not fruit/flower teas.'

Weird! It says on mine that "if you feel you must drink them, the decaffeinated forms are preferred"

If I feel like I need a boost, I'll have proper coffee, if not I'll stick to decaf to be safe :) it's only 1 cup a day I'll be having anyway so shouldn't matter either way... I hope!

Hmmm - perhaps it has been updated? Oh well - I've been having decaf for the last 7 months on my diet - no point stopping now!

It's not done you an harm so far has it, so like you said, don't change I now! :)

Thanks guys.. I forget to get some in the end, so will go with caffeine till I hit the supermarket again. I Live miles from shops.

Back