Success Express Help...

evanesco

I'm the tortoise.
I need a bit of a boost and a kick up the bum. I haven't been planning my meals, but have been doing EE. Now as I understand it SE is basically EE, but with 2/3 of Superfree, instead of 1/3. 1-2 HEA's and 2 HEB's. Syns are highest, not lowest.

Can someone give me some yummy meal ideas?

SE is slightly different as you the guidlines say you should have 3 meals all with 2/3 superfree and 1/3 red/green or both. Usual HExa and B's. All snacks should be superfree (or HExs), and any snacks or starters/desserts that aren't superfree have to be sinned. Does that make sense?

What is Success Express please? I've not heard of that before....

Are you going to classes Donnie? I forget. It is as we've tried to describe. I have another go.

You have 3 meals each day. Each meal can have red/green together. These must be no more than 1/3 of your plate. The other 2/3 must be superfree, as in foods that are free on both days.

You have your HEX's as usual, 1-2 A's, 2 B's.

Syns as usual, 5-15.

You can go back for seconds, but the 1/3 - 2/3 rule still applies. You can only snack on superfree foods, that includes starters too. Everything else must be synned, and all syns are highest value, not lowest like they are on EE.

I've just filled in my food diary online, as a green day, and I only had 2 green foods. Everything else was HEX's or syns. It was a pretty good Green day, but had I done SE, would have used mountains of syns (I had a mug shot, my other syns were same on all plans).

I'm thinking I need to get loads of vegs and fruit in for me to do SE.

You've got the gist :)

You do need loads of fruit and veg! I tend to do stuff like roast veg and quorn sausages with side salad for evening meals on SE. I made stuffed aubergines and butternut squash the other week - they were lovely. Angie posted a load of meal ideas on a thread I started a few weeks back. I will see if I can hunt it out for you.

Oh and I need to apologise about the 30 day challenge! I've done nothing for ages - I haven't had any time, not even 30 mins *hangs head in shame*

Quorn sounds like a great idea for SE, as there are loads of yummy ones that are superfree, and it means you still get to eat great things like chilli, sausage and chips, and stir fry but your plate will be full of Superfree! Good idea Hellie :)

Thanks very much, going to an online shop later. Tesco do some quorn mini sausages which would be great to snack on.

Back