SugarRush ' s food diary of a cake maker who can't have cake!

Feeling a bit better today although struggled with my morning at work.

Yesterday i ate:

Breakfast nothing
Lunch cheese and pickle sandwich hex a and hex b plus 1 syn pickle. Also a bite of a tuna sarnie which tasted horrible so binned it.
Tea one and a half pork loins and a bite of potato which was all I could swallow

2 ice poles for my throat so 2 syns I guess

3 syns all day unless I need to syn stepsil's and paracetamol!

You do need to syn the Strepsils as they are mainly sugar and honey and stuff but thankfully they are not too bad- I found this:

Strepsils Strepsils, Original/Menthol & Eucalyptus 1 sweet

½ Syn on Extra Easy Original ½ Syn Green ½ Syn

Strepsils Strepsils, Sugar Free 2 sweets

½ Syn on Extra Easy Original ½ Syn Green ½ Syn

But youve been so good that I doubt youve gone anywhere near your syn allowance!!

Thank you! Wouldn't of even thought to look Tbh! Only had 3 yesterday as hubby got them after work so extra 1.5 syns is fine!

Will be back when I have a chance to do food but thought I'd post weigh in results seeing I've just done it.

Oh my fricking god I can't believe I'm typing this but I lost 5 lb! ! Well tiny bit more but not enough to day 5.5 so sticking with 5! Agh can't quite believe it!

Will be back when I have a chance to do food but thought I'd post weigh in results seeing I've just done it.

Oh my fricking god I can't believe I'm typing this but I lost 5 lb! ! Well tiny bit more but not enough to day 5.5 so sticking with 5! Agh can't quite believe it!

Wow well done hun 5lb off is a fab result in a week :)
I bet you are really chuffed and hopefully it has also given you extra motivation to be super good for the next week.x

Thanks both, so pleased after a gain last week. Think it was mainly as I wasn't snacking as a sore throat made me not feel like it so going to try Co trolling my snacking this week! KMD I made 50 cupcakes on Friday and some buttercream whisked off the mixer and flew straight in my mouth, honest! I didn't just eat it

So yesterday I ate

Breakfast: none throat to sore
Dinner: none but had 2 sore throat sweets so 2 syns
Tea:home mad spag box with standard mince my mums mistake which I didn't realise till cooked but was drained of all fat and didn't eat the whole thing! So from looking on her ate about a 3rd so 5 syns had passata mushroom and onion in sauce and with green salad and he a cheese on top
Snack: strawberries and blueberries with frozen muller light, apple and teat size flake 4 syns

So 11 syns yesterday but was a relief to be able to eat properly and was surprised I didn't go mad and eat everything in site!

Thanks both, so pleased after a gain last week. Think it was mainly as I wasn't snacking as a sore throat made me not feel like it so going to try Co trolling my snacking this week! KMD I made 50 cupcakes on Friday and some buttercream whisked off the mixer and flew straight in my mouth, honest! I didn't just eat it 

So yesterday I ate

Breakfast: none throat to sore
Dinner: none but had 2 sore throat sweets so 2 syns
Tea:home mad spag box with standard mince my mums mistake which I didn't realise till cooked but was drained of all fat and didn't eat the whole thing! So from looking on her ate about a 3rd so 5 syns had passata mushroom and onion in sauce and with green salad and he a cheese on top
Snack: strawberries and blueberries with frozen muller light, apple and teat size flake 4 syns

So 11 syns yesterday but was a relief to be able to eat properly and was surprised I didn't go mad and eat everything in site!

Hope you're starting to feel a bit better! Well done on not eating everything in site. I know!! It just flies into your mouth before you even know what's going on. I Also but some sugarpaste in yesterday when decorating and made myself spit it in the bin!! God damn those creamy cakes and sweet cake mixture. Mmmmm. Must resist!!! xxx

OMG 5lb!! Yipee dee doo da! Thats really fantastic! Whoop, whoop! Im soo happy for you. Bet thats give you you a real buzz, well done my friend. :D

Thanks guys. Made me feel so happy after the gain. Really made me want to work hard at staying on plan this week.

But late as I've had work but yesterday's food was:

Breakfast: weetabix hexb and half hex milk
Lunch: left over bolognaise (5syns) and green salad
Tea: slimming world chips and roast pork was supposed to have broccoli but forgot to turn the hob on so had an apple and banana after and hope that can count as my 1/3!
Tiny bit of gave that I had to try and though it might be overdone. It wasn't it was lovely and still warm and delicious oh well let's say 5 syns

The other half hex a on milk

Syns 10.

Oh and KMD I don't like sugar paste so that's one less temptation for me!! Luck really i dont need any more! I do find if I'm feeling like I may snack doing some modelling or flowers or something keeps my hands busy and takes my mind of it and is productive as well! x

My sore throat is back (thanks to my school age child I assume!) So not a great few days I think

Yesterday was a green day

Breakfast: weetabix hexb and half hex a
Dinner: Bananna (I know that's not dinner but after eating it know I couldn't swallow anything else)
Tea: spaghetti, pasta and laughing cow light triangles (hex a) and other half of hex a cheese and another bananna

Snacks : curly wurly 6 syns and an ice pole 1 syn.

7 syns

Thanks all. It seems to be everyone that had it had it come back so just one of those bugs.

I used to do sw before and it was onlying red and green so sometimes it's easier!

Yesterday's I ate:

Breakfast: muller light and banana
Dinner: cheese and pickle sandwich hex a and b and 1 syn and french fries 5 syns
Tea: Gammon steak and salad

Snacks: orange and banana

6 syns

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: none got up too late!!!
Dinner: turkey salad sandwich hex b bread 1 syn spread
Tea: chips from chip shop, about 2 handfuls. Not sure how many syns then I had a packed of salt and vinegar deep ridge crisps, an orange some carrot sticks and 30g cheese (hex a) and 2 ice poles so pretty sure I just went way over and not even going to bother working the syns out.
Been to Brean today (seaside type place with fayre arcades etc) and realised how hard the plan is for days like this!

According to my book a standard portion of chip shop chips is 17.5syns but if you only had two handfuls it wouldnt be near that! My nearest chippy serves pretty large "standard" portions!!
Deep ridge walkers are about 7syns a pack (based on a calorie content of 144kcal and 20kcal per syn) so not hugely terrible either.
Not sure about ice poles- although if you find out then let me know! I could go into my kitchen and have a lookie at the mini ones as I have some in my freezer but that would involve getting up!!

Hope you had fun at Brean! I used to love it there as a kid!! Going to take Reece when he is a little older and can go on some of the rides. I expect you spend a fortune with your little ones and the rides/ cotton candy/ treats/ arcades!!

And as you said to me, you cant let a diet ruin having fun with your kiddies in the sun! Just have to make some wise choices :)

Lol my chippy portions are big enough to have between 4! I think if I hadn't had the crisps as well wouldn't of been as bad. Think the ice poles are 1 syn from a thread I read.

I used to love it as a kid, we used to go on holiday for 2 weeks there, now I still love it but as a day trip and wonder what in earth we did for 2 weeks! We did spend a fortune, kiddies love the machines. They all had chips and I had subway so hoping that was wise!

Breakfast: nothing
Dinner: 9 wheat 6" beef and salad sub from subway. Beef and salad free and having a red day so both hex b and an extra 6 syns on that should be enough.
Bananna
Tea: homemade burgers with cheese salad hex a
Sugar free jelly 1 syn banana and blueberries
3 ryvita with 3 laughing cow light (6 syns I guess for ryvita and half hex a for cheese other half in tea throughout the day.

13 syns but as a seaside trip day not too bad

Back