• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Suggestions for beginning Dumbbells

i partake in Zumba a couple of times a week but I have purchased some Davina Dumbbells (0.64, 1.13, 2.28) as I have been advised that this can help my weightloss with "slow burn"

I have never done weights before and don't know where to start.

I would like to try and use these in the morning to start my day, I'm looking for any advice on how to use these for a reasonable period in the morning which will help get the best workout and hopefully build up to longer use once I get use to these.

I've youtubed videos but many are pretty active (dance/Zumba etc) with weights and would like something which isn't as "dancey" for the morning.

Any help would be so grateful!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

MarieDK

S: 17st6lb C: 14st9lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 33.1 Loss: 2st11lb(15.98%)
Hi :) I am a real beginner with these kinds of exercise, but I have been using dumbbells with the Bob Harper Beginners Strength DVD, I just did a quick search and it seems there is a 20 minute dailyworkout on you tube which you could try out. I find I can just about manage this and it's definitely not "dancey" :) Hope it helps, best of luck! It's on You Tube as Bob Harper Strength Beginner Daily Workout.

hopes12

S: 18st6lb C: 16st12lb G: 10st6lb BMI: 40.5 Loss: 1st8lb(8.53%)
Hi, I just wondered how you were both getting on with this? I've been doing a lot of research and I'm about to start strength training but it still feels a bit alien! My weights are due this morning but we go away for a few days tomorrow so I will probably start properly when we get back.