Suggestions for beginning Dumbbells

Belasta

i partake in Zumba a couple of times a week but I have purchased some Davina Dumbbells (0.64, 1.13, 2.28) as I have been advised that this can help my weightloss with "slow burn"

I have never done weights before and don't know where to start.

I would like to try and use these in the morning to start my day, I'm looking for any advice on how to use these for a reasonable period in the morning which will help get the best workout and hopefully build up to longer use once I get use to these.

I've youtubed videos but many are pretty active (dance/Zumba etc) with weights and would like something which isn't as "dancey" for the morning.

Any help would be so grateful!

Hi :) I am a real beginner with these kinds of exercise, but I have been using dumbbells with the Bob Harper Beginners Strength DVD, I just did a quick search and it seems there is a 20 minute dailyworkout on you tube which you could try out. I find I can just about manage this and it's definitely not "dancey" :) Hope it helps, best of luck! It's on You Tube as Bob Harper Strength Beginner Daily Workout.

Hi, I just wondered how you were both getting on with this? I've been doing a lot of research and I'm about to start strength training but it still feels a bit alien! My weights are due this morning but we go away for a few days tomorrow so I will probably start properly when we get back.

Back