Summer Buffet Taster ideas please!

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
We're having an EE summer buffet taster tonight - last two buffet nights we've had I've brought mini turkey burgers, mini home made bread rolls with Tesco breadmix and home made scotch eggs.

I want to do something different and interesting, more than just savoury rice or cous cous with veg and chicken in.

Am toying with making my potato salad with new pots, bacon, boiled egg, cheese, spring onion, light mayo and mustard but that's far too hard to syn on an individual basis so that's out...

Any interesting ideas out there girls and guys? xx

you don't have to syn it individually hun just tell them how much it is for the whole thing hun and then they can see how much they get for there syns.
you could also make pizza with tesco bread mix or fruit or chicken kebabs on skewers telling them they can have it in a asda wholemeal pitta as a heb. or quiche

How about making SW quiche, but instead of making a large one and cutting into slices, use a muffing tin and make lots of small individual ones.

I personally really like an all vegetable one for a Green day, but you could do something like broccoli and tuna or salmon for a red day, or even a breakfast version (sausage, bacon, eggs, beans) for Extra Easy.

People always bring quiche, I want to bring something that no one else will bring.

Would you guys eat chili con carne at a group if it was cooked then chilled, like, would you eat chili cold?

What about something sweet? Maybe the banana cake from on here (that I'm addicted to lol). You could make mini muffins with the mixture

I am sooo rubbish at cakes. Chili wouldn't take me long and wouldn't cost the earth (I use turkey mince and beef it up with oxo).

Every time I attempt cous cous cake it turns into a disaster.

I could make hummus I guess and buy some carrot batons?

How about the fruit roulade that's in the recipe section. I took one to group last night and they loved it. It's also super easy to make and it's meant to be flat so even if it goes a little wrong no one will know!

No no, please no cake ideas. I can't make cakes. I have to use cake mix. You guys don't know how many times I've tried!

I made the KFC style chicken for the last meeting and it went within 20 seconds flat!

Oooh KFC style chicken is an idea. Please do tell!

I will never suggest cake again. ;)

Is the kfc chicken recipe in the recipe section please? I'm drooling at the thought!

Heh, Laura I can make Nigella's flourless brownies and her peanut butter chocolate sundae sauce without a problem. I can do her Rocky Road and it tastes like heaven.

Heaven that's packed with about a billion syns!

Low fat low syn cake is just... no. I can't do it. :-(

I am going to find out about the microwave. But I DOOOOO want Mrs V's KFC recipe then I can pop to Tescos.

Ok, tried, tested and the easiest!...2 slices of Hovis Nimble white bread (HeB), chicken Bovril, mixed herbs, ground mixed spice powder, garlic granules, pastry brush.
Chicken drumsticks.

Pre-heat oven to 180
Remove the skin off the drumsticks.
In blender, whizz up the bread, 1 tsp mixed herbs, 1/4 tsp ground mixed spice and 1 tsp garlic granules (I like mine quite garlicky!) put in a flat dish.
Coat the drumsticks in the chicken bovril and then roll in the bread mixture.
Spray with a little frylight and cook in oven until chicken is cooked through....delicious!

If not using the bread crumbs as a HeB, they work out as 0.5 syns each drumstick.

2 slices of Hovis Nimble white bread (HeB)????

*CRYYYYYSSSSSS*

Trip to Huyton and three buses it is for me then!

Oooh and garlic granules - would I find them in a normal supermarket and whereabouts? I know of garlic salt and lazy garlic, but lazy garlic is in oil and I'm guessing the salt would be too salty...

Are they by the regular spice rack?

Sorry for the billionty questions!

Lol thats ok Hun....just go to the spice aisle and they are there. The granules are just dried chunks of garlic, where as the others are either the salt, or in oil of some kind.

Oh I forgot to add black pepper to the recipe as well, only need a little bit.

Back