Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I have been sooooo good I couldn't have been gooderer.
I'm warning you all now.
If I haven't lost on Sunday, however far away you are, you'll need earplugs.

:D I know the feeling :D

Honey39 said:
Am eating my porridge - my favourite meal of the day, lots of fruit and cinnamon with it, it's so filling!! How's everyone's week going? I'm hoping for a loss, but I suspect I might see a gain. Silly to be still so focused on the numbers, I know.

Terrible Honey!!
Since being ill, and now half term it's all gone completely Pete Tong!!
:-(

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Danigrace - thanks for the feedback. You are not the first person to mention the scales catching up with them. Presume it works both ways.

I have been doing almost entirely green days. Does it help to mix the days up as well as the HEXs? I find I need the carbs and red days leave me feeling sooo hungry. Do you find one works better than the other?

It is amazing when you start to log every little scrap of food, how much you have to cut out to lose but how little you need to eat to put on! Defies logic.

A friend came for a meal last night and brought some cookies, even though I asked him not to and even tried to get him to take them away with him. This morning I but them in the bin as it was the only way I could make sure I wouldn't be tempted. Goes against all my values to throw perfectly good food away. Why won't people listen??

Fingers crossed for Sunday.

It's my 3rd week weighing at home on a Sunday...and I'm expecting a big gain :-(
Thought I'd join in so that I can see others loose tomorrow and it'll motivate me to keep going!!! :-D

Cai said:
It's my 3rd week weighing at home on a Sunday...and I'm expecting a big gain :-(
Thought I'd join in so that I can see others loose tomorrow and it'll motivate me to keep going!!! :-D

:welcome:
Don't look at my weigh in as I know mine will be a mahoosive gain - as not weighed in for 2 weeks - and I feel really quite large - my own naughty fault though !

Kx

I feel really nervous about tomorrow!! Don't think that feeling will ever stop, before weighing I always feel reaaaally nervous but also a little excited. There's a little part of me that keeps thinking "nope, you've been enjoying SW too much, there's no way it's going to come off again this week, the other weeks were just a fluke" I hate that little part! Want to slap her!!

I feel really nervous about tomorrow!! Don't think that feeling will ever stop, before weighing I always feel reaaaally nervous but also a little excited. There's a little part of me that keeps thinking "nope, you've been enjoying SW too much, there's no way it's going to come off again this week, the other weeks were just a fluke" I hate that little part! Want to slap her!!

I know what you mean about the nervous/excited thing. I have been so good again this week but then get nervous about weigh-in in case I have an undeserved STS or gain (thanks to *week). The agony we put ourselves through - we must be mad :banghead:

ellierose988 said:

SLAP - lol
I'm petrified

Good luck everyone tomorrow xxxx she says whilst slurping my huge glass of red wine (medicinal purposes as have a rotten cough!!!)

Well my strategy this week has worked! Miracle of miracles I have lost 3lbs! Thank you to all of you for keeping my spirits up this last week. Good luck everyone!

ABSOLUTELY GUTTED :cry:

1 lb on, so NOT deserved. The challenge now is to keep my head right and not blow it thinking "what's the point?".

Oh, and my OH's response? Aw well maybe you're just not meant to be thin :copon:

Well done Daisybell! I shall have to go back to see what your strategy was!

Sorry M Louise :-( not fair is it? But bodies do fluctuate soooo much. Keep your head held high for another week, it is worth it! X

M Louise H said:

1 lb on, so NOT deserved. The challenge now is to keep my head right and not blow it thinking "what's the point?".

Oh, and my OH's response? Aw well maybe you're just not meant to be thin :copon:

Please don't be disheartened M Louise H. You know deep down that it is worth it. It is a slight blip but hold onto what you have achieved already. A number of people on here reassured me that the scales take time to catch up with our bodies, so I am sure this undeserved gain will work out next week.

Woodland girl said:
Well done Daisybell! I shall have to go back to see what your strategy was! X

My strategy was not rocket science. Two weeks ago I upped my exercise levels and focused on portion control. To help me, I joined the February exercise challenge and Viva la Diva's walking thread. Logging my activity levels was motivating and made me more aware of how much, or in my case, how little I was doing. I went from leaving a bum shaped imprint on my sofa to walking everyday and going to a gym three times a week ( got a month's free trial). Not heavy duty exercise I assure you.

I also reduced the volume of pasta and rice I was eating on green days (6 / 7 a week) as I had been taking the message "eat as much as you need" to read " eat as much as you can".

Everyone's strategy will be different - but you have to be critical and honest with yourself to identify what you need to change. There are so many initiatives on this forum that could help. It's a case of finding them! People on here are so supportive of each other - it's a great resource. Thank you all.

Thanks Daisybell, and pleased it worked so well for you!
Yeah, I like cycling and done very little for past 2 weeks because of snow and wind. Intend to get out there tomorrow!

Hope you have another great week

another 1lb off for me :)

good luck all!

daisybell18 said:
Well my strategy this week has worked! Miracle of miracles I have lost 3lbs! Thank you to all of you for keeping my spirits up this last week. Good luck everyone!

A fabulous loss Daisybell :bunnydance: well done

M Louise H said:

Ignore OH , it's a blip. I can only say keep at it , as I fell off the wagon and am now doubly hacked off with myself!!

why_d said:
another 1lb off for me :)

good luck all!
Well done Why_d :bunnydance: What's your total weight loss now?

Well, after 2 weeks of complete craziness and eating anything & everything , I got back on those scales and can report a 7lb gain- taking me back to my 1st weigh in of the year!!
I restarted a few times & failed , but yesterday , even with a major sore throat, I restarted, and was 100%!!

I'm worried about this week as :-
Tues - lunch at work is a Chinese!!!
Wed - I'm on a course in London
Fri - lunch provided for as a farewell meal to a colleague

My SW brain says, take food in Tues & Fri, Wed will just have to happen. My naughty brain says, you are always on diet when there's a Chinese, enjoy it all!! But don't moan at weigh in.

Kx

Back