Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Come on JimofTroy, we can do it!

We can.
I will
a) actually stick to the plan (which helps!),
b) drink lots more water, and
c) exercise.

If that little lot doesn't turn up trumps, I'm out of ideas!

JimofTroy

What type of exercise? How often?

Committing to something specific helps with motivation. I have joined the February fitness challenge and report back every day with some form of exercise even if it's just a walk.

JimofTroy

What type of exercise? How often?

Committing to something specific helps with motivation. I have joined the February fitness challenge and report back every day with some form of exercise even if it's just a walk.

I refer the right honourable lady to my fred, where my exercise plans are taking shape.
At the moment I'm walking when I can, instead of driving, I'm waiting for my new bike to arrive, and when it does, I'll be cycling as a bit of variety compared with the walking, I'm swimming several mornings a week before work, and other mornings, jogging in the gym.
And I'm just finalising plans for this year's Lent Challenge.

Is that enough? To be going on with, at least!

Wow Sarah that's a regime not a plan! I had a blip last week and have found that this week's loss was much better......not that I am recommending blips to anyone!! I do believe that sticking to plan is the key and I didn't!! My only exercise is walking the dog but I vary terrain and we do march......sometimes I even break into a jog!
Have put a vat of syn free beef stew in the slow cooker.......yummy xx

Daisy & JOT, you're very inspiring! I think portion control is a big issue for me as well. I think there is such a thing as too much free food, especially when you've been on SW as long as I have (about 6 years on and off. I just added that up! I'm shocked!)
Even when I'm not sticking to plan my meals are still SW friendly, it's just the extras that are bad.

Problem is I live with my boyfriend who loves huge portions. He is steadily losing weight on SW as well so I don't think it's affecting him but I've been losing around 1lb a week, which is quite slow for me, last time it was more like 2lbs a week. So my goals this week are:
o eat smaller portions!
o drink less diet coke and more water/sugar free squash/green tea
oexercise.

Annoyingly boxercise isn't on this week because it's half term so I'll have to think of something else.

Pink Toaster - sounds very like me although I am a first timer on SW and only my second diet ever. 1lb a week is sooooo slow. However, 1lb off is better than STS or put one on! I bet you must have lost a fair amount in the 6 years?
My husband is also following SW with me and losing far more weight whilst not sticking fully to the plan. I do have a tendency to pile my plate almost as high as his and justify it as free food. Logic tells me that you can have too much fruit. I only use a few of my syns a day but stock up on pasta and rice. My "I am full" trigger seems to be broken. I eat a big meal then 30 mins later my brain is telling me I need more!
I will reduce my pasta / rice intake slightly and drink a glass of water before I eat this week and see what impact that has.

It's *week for me so I am eating huge portions at the moment, even though it is all SW friendly.

Funny how at school maths was my best subject but on an EE day I struggle to measure an accurate 1/3 of SFF - I'm using a lot of SFF but my portions of the other stuff are so large it drowns them out!

I will do my exercise DVD today, I will........

Hope everyone didn't have too many chocolates for Valentines Day!! How's it going this week?

I've had a good start to the week, although I was so hungry yesterday. You know how that goes. But I filled up on fruit and yoghurt in the evening. I'm not so great at tracking, and I know that works really well, but we'll see. I think I might see a slight gain on Sunday because of last week - the scales for me seems to run about a week/10 days behind, if you see what I mean. I have got an awful lot more relaxed about it these days, although I really don't like seeing gains. But I seemed to stick around the 100lbs lost for a long time, so I'm used to plateaus to some extent.

Have a happy Wednesday lovely Sunday weighers - and Silly Sausage and Gail, where are you??????!!!

Honey39 said:
Hope everyone didn't have too many chocolates for Valentines Day!! How's it going this week?

No Valentines chocs for me:( Hubby away so had to be content with a heart shaped fried egg in his honor.

I am feeling more positive this week after a slow start on SW. Have come to the conclusion that portion control is my biggest problem. It's all very well having all these "free" foods but too many just doesn't work. Have cut back this week, whilst keeping the variety and using some syns. It's got to have an impact, hasn't it?

Interesting what you say Honey39 about being a week to ten days behind on the scales. I imagine that is the case with exercise. Anyone else have the same experience?

They weren't as nice as I remember them to be honest. Proves your taste buds do change!

No Valentines chocs for me:( Hubby away so had to be content with a heart shaped fried egg in his honor.

I am feeling more positive this week after a slow start on SW. Have come to the conclusion that portion control is my biggest problem. It's all very well having all these "free" foods but too many just doesn't work. Have cut back this week, whilst keeping the variety and using some syns. It's got to have an impact, hasn't it?

Interesting what you say Honey39 about being a week to ten days behind on the scales. I imagine that is the case with exercise. Anyone else have the same experience?

Hi DaisyBell!!

Just to say that I used to really freak out about losing slowly etc, but now I am much more relaxed about it, and I can honestly say that I think there are huge benefits to losing weight slowly. Losing a pound or two pounds a week consistently kind of means that the weight stays gone. Big losses go hand in hand with the same big gains. Just take it step by step, do long-term and manageable. I know you can do it!!!

Thanks for the words of wisdom, Honey39, to a newbie. Logic tells me you are absolutely right but I can't help dreaming about a size smaller clothes or getting up the stairs without puffing and panting. Just have an impatient nature! I suppose I am better off with small consistent losses than up and down. That should signify that the message about healthy eating is getting through.

I had thorntons chocs and a meal out. So I don't expect a loss this week!

Snap - damn valentines day!! Have now got to be syn free for rest of week!! But was lurvely xxxxxx

... so there are benefits to being single, and 14th Feb passing like any other day of the year...

That us fantastic Danigrace. I don't know how you do it! Any tips? Or even better would you mind sharing a few of your food plans for a typical day. What sort and how much exercise do you do in a week? My weight is coming off sooooo slowly and I would love to give myself a bit of a kickstart.
Hi Daisybell, sorry for the slow reply. Life is a bit hectic at the moment!
I was very pleased with my 4lb loss on Sunday, but will point out that that amount is not usual. The week before I had an undeserved STS. So just the scales catching up with my body this week, I think! I actually didn't do very much excercise last week, apart from walking a couple of days, when picking the kids up from school.

I suppose the main thing I changed was mixing up my hebs a bit. I have been doing red days and for a while I had new potatoes with every evening meal. Last week I had a couple of jacket potatoes and wholemal pasta one night too. I have had a sneaky look on the scales this morning and am the same as Sunday again, so this could be another slow week for me again. I made a few homemade soups for lunch as well. Very yummy.

I have only been doing this a few months and from home on my own without going to a group, so I am pleased so far and am sensible enough to know that I wont get big losses every week. So far I haven't gained, but have had 3 STS. Everyone is different and as long as you keep focused on a healthy eating plan (I dont call it a diet!), we will all get there in the end.

I am sure you are doing everything right. Do you keep a food diary to keep a check on what you are eating? Maybe mix up your hebs this week and see what happens. Make sure too, that you are eating enough. It seems odd to say that, but if you dont eat enough, your body thinks you are starving it and goes into survival mode, which means hanging on to the fat!!

Hope you have a good week. Good luck :D

Last edited:
Am eating my porridge - my favourite meal of the day, lots of fruit and cinnamon with it, it's so filling!! How's everyone's week going? I'm hoping for a loss, but I suspect I might see a gain. Silly to be still so focused on the numbers, I know.

I have been sooooo good I couldn't have been gooderer.
I'm warning you all now.
If I haven't lost on Sunday, however far away you are, you'll need earplugs.

Back