Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

All_about_the_climb said:
Anyways, the point of my post. My first weigh in was today, I have gone from 12 stone 6 and 3/4 lbs to 11stone 12. I've lost 8 and 3/4lbs! Omg! Totally motivated me to stick to the plan 100% now that I've actually seen a difference :D

That is amazing! Do you keep a food diary? If so would you share it with us. I am sure that I would need to chop off a limb to lose that much!!! What stage are you in your weight loss journey? I have been following SW for nearly two months now and am aiming to reach my target by mid October.

Hey,
Yes here's my food diary, http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/264502-jens-food-diary.html

I really wouldn't get too excited about it, it's my first week on the programme and whilst I tried to follow it I think it was more a case of cutting down from what I normally eat and using healthier substitutes.
Like weighing the pasta and using extra light cheese and extra lean mince etc,

I'm sooooo hungry.............

Quick have brekkie!!

I had rubbish day yesterday so back to it with a vengeance!
My little coco was spayed (longest day ever!!), back to work meeting after being off sick (due back next Wed-yikes!!) and a smear test!!! Oh plus my eldest son is moving into his first flat!!!

No more excuses now - have plenty of super free and free foods so here goes xx

dextersmum said:
Quick have brekkie!!

My little coco was spayed (longest day ever!!), back to work meeting after being off sick (due back next Wed-yikes!!) and a smear test!!! Oh plus my eldest son is moving into his first flat!!!

What a ridiculous day, Dextersmum, I hope Coco isn't too sore! Here's to calmer times and good luck for this week. I'm sure you'll pull it back! Have a good day. X

All_about_the_climb said:
Hey,
Yes here's my food diary, http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/264502-jens-food-diary.html

I really wouldn't get too excited about it, it's my first week on the programme and whilst I tried to follow it I think it was more a case of cutting down from what I normally eat and using healthier substitutes.

Thank you so much for the info. I had not realized it was your first week although - I wish I had had that type of loss when I started! I have had steady losses of one and two pounds since day one and even though I stick to plan 100% and keep my syns below ten, I never seem to do any better than that. Probably just my metabolism. What I have realized is that the one lbs add up. I have now lost 17lbs and am feeling the benefits. Will hit the 10% loss mark in next few weeks with any luck.

Quick have brekkie!!

Definitely due a duvet day today then! Hope you both have a better day.

Still hungry............

Hey,

Wellcome all about the climb!

Great loss this week! I just noticed your post there about weighing pasta and it made me have a quick look at your food diary. I may be speaking out of place here but do you know there's no need to weigh your pasta?

Also, your food diary seems to suggest you are missing out on your healthy extras. If you using the slimming world online website it can be awkward to navigate but have you actually downloaded the information on how the plan works? if you login and go to the my weight loss plan section it'll give you links to where you can download information on what your healthy extras are (pasta isn't healthy extra). on the right-hand side you'll see a section called healthy eating, click on the download lists and there you will see an option to download a PDF file for free foods and another for a healthy extra foods and that should get you started.

You need to be consuming a certain amount of calcium per day and that's usually through either milk or cheese and the same with fibre, usually through bread or cereal (or cereal bar's).

Hope that helps

Why_d

SW is not complicated - soooo why did it take me 2 months to get to grips ....... Or is it me taking 2 months to get a grip??!!

Feeling so positive this week. Can't wait til Sunday so I can see if my positivity and good efforts have paid off. :)

Just filled in my diary for yesterday and, amazingly, only came in at 8 syns...tonnes of free stuff though. Anyway, feeling better for surviving yesterday but now have dinner at a friend's house tomorrow night and Mother's Day lunch on Sunday to contend with. Anyone have any willpower to spare??!

Sorry my willpower has disappeared. After posting yesterday that I had a good day I went and chomped a ripple and a packet of ready salted hula hoops!!! Honestly today I have been good but what with naughty munchies and lack of exercise (coco's op :() not expecting too much this week. Ooh also having wine tomorrow - can't wait as I haven't touched a drop in 2 weeks.

Ps ripple was VERY good xx

Sorry my willpower has disappeared. After posting yesterday that I had a good day I went and chomped a ripple and a packet of ready salted hula hoops!!! Honestly today I have been good but what with naughty munchies and lack of exercise (coco's op :() not expecting too much this week. Ooh also having wine tomorrow - can't wait as I haven't touched a drop in 2 weeks.

Ps ripple was VERY good xx

Galaxy Ripples are one of my favourites - fortunately I've never seen them here! Somehow managing to hold off a binge but tonight will be tough - how do you stick to plan when someone else has cooked??!!

M Louise H said:
Galaxy Ripples are one of my favourites - fortunately I've never seen them here! Somehow managing to hold off a binge but tonight will be tough - how do you stick to plan when someone else has cooked??!!

If it is a good friend or family member doing the cooking I tend to put in a request for extra veg. If I don't feel comfortable asking for anything different I go along, eat a little of the things that might be off plan and plenty of those on plan and enjoy myself. Last week went for a meal that turned out to be roast chicken and roast veg (in oil!) followed by grapes and Greek yogurt with ginger sauce. Counted some of the oil as syns and praised my hostess' chicken to the heavens and got seconds. Claimed to be too full for dessert - just had grapes. Worked a treat and I had a great time.

If it is a good friend or family member doing the cooking I tend to put in a request for extra veg. If I don't feel comfortable asking for anything different I go along, eat a little of the things that might be off plan and plenty of those on plan and enjoy myself. Last week went for a meal that turned out to be roast chicken and roast veg (in oil!) followed by grapes and Greek yogurt with ginger sauce. Counted some of the oil as syns and praised my hostess' chicken to the heavens and got seconds. Claimed to be too full for dessert - just had grapes. Worked a treat and I had a great time.

I have a huge pan of veggie soup on the go at the moment, the plan being to scoff that before I go and then I (hopefully) won't go too off the rails if everything is too off-plan and yummy. They're more acquaintances really so don't want to offend! TBH I'm expecting a gain this week as it's *week, just trying not to stress about it too much....easier said than done :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back