Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

M Louise H said:
Stayed off the scales and on plan. It's post * week this week, which historically has shown a good loss - here's hoping!

Today's plan: -

BREAKFAST: 2 slices wholemeal toast (HEB), Philly Light (HEA)

LUNCH: Mackerel and lettuce on Ryvitas (HEB) OR Bacon, Chicken and Veg soup

SNACKS: Fruit, yoghurt, Alpen Bar (3 syns)

DINNER: Salmon OR Pork Fillet with Lettuce salad & dressing (2 syns)

EXERCISE: L1 D5 30 Day Shred

Doesn't sound like a lot of food to me. Are you eating enough? Have you got a fridge full of lettuce! I find that when I eat more I tend to lose more. Depends on eating the right stuff of course.

Hope you don't mind the comment. it's made in the spirit of wanting to help!

Doesn't sound like a lot of food to me. Are you eating enough? Have you got a fridge full of lettuce! I find that when I eat more I tend to lose more. Depends on eating the right stuff of course.

Hope you don't mind the comment. it's made in the spirit of wanting to help!

I don't mind at all - never, ever did I think anyone would say I wasn't eating enough!!! Don't be fooled, my portion sizes are huge ;)

My update for today.
Breakfast
Shreddies, skimmed milk and a banana (HEA and B1)

Lunch

2 slices of wholemeal bread and 2 Linda McCartney vegetarian sausages (4 syns and HEB2)

Dinner
I can only imagine it'll be a baked potato as I'm highly uncreative ...failing that a mugshot with some veg. Shall update when I decide.

Gym
Cardio
Treadmill-3.6km in 28mins and 44seconds. Average speed 7.6km/h. Average gradient 1. Don't understand how I travelled the same distance in 3 minutes more today given that I did week3 Day 1 of the Couch to 5k Programme but everyone raves about it so I'll trust it. Going to do it the next 2 times I'm at the gym. Think it's the right level for me to start at.

Rower-1000m in 5mins and 42 seconds. Resistance-7

Stepper-5mins 4 secs got me to 21floors at Level 7. So have upped the level on this one :) Gotta keep going, need to maybe start replacing the treadmill with this as my main cardio. Not all the time but just to mix it up, want to get underway with the couch to 5k though

Weights
Low Row-22.5kg (30 reps, both arms)
15kg (30 reps for my useless left arm)

Shoulder press -20kg (24 reps-it nearly killed me today, don't know why).

Chest press-20kg (16 reps and again, I thought I was going to die...why am I getting weaker?lol)

Ok, I copied and pasted this from another thread...it wasn't all bold there but it appears to be here..no idea why and it won't change!

LUNCH: Mackerel and lettuce on Ryvitas (HEB)

DINNER: Salmon with Lettuce salad & dressing (2 syns)

EXERCISE:None!

Succumbed to the lure of plum bread again. Have decided not to bake it again. OH can have single portion cakes from the bakery from now on. In spite of this, have eaten a healthy diet the rest of the day.

Menu plan

B'fast : fruit salad and yogurt
Lunch: tomato and red pepper soup, apple
Dinner: hairy bikers leek lasagne, cauliflower and red peppers
Snacks: banana, ryvita, carrot sticks with mango dip, hot chocolate drink

Walked for a couple of hours today - not hard going though so probably hardly counts. You are putting me to shame Jenna88. Tomorrow is kettlebell day so a half hour core session is on the cards.
Forgot(conveniently) to look for the salsa DVD.

I haven't updated my post but can add 2 apples to it and my total syns for the day was6. Oh don't worry about me putting you to shame, have decided I'm weighing in on Saturday this week (unless I like what I see on Sunday morning better lol) as I'm heading to a friends for dinner on Saturday evening and she's making malteser cheesecake for dessert. I want to lose these last few pounds but I'm not sitting their like an eejit not having a slice. So I'm pretty sure I can work it quite happily in to the following weeks syns but it means copping out this week eek!

Have you got your day planned for tomorrow ladies? Kettlebells look scary, one swing too hard and I reckon you could end up on the floor in a heap pretty easily haha!

LUNCH: Mackerel and lettuce on Ryvitas (HEB)

DINNER: Salmon with Lettuce salad & dressing (2 syns)

EXERCISE:None!

Had another yoghurt and Alpen bar after posting the above so another 3 syns.

LUNCH: Pasta with veg OR Baked Potato and Cottage Cheese

DINNER: Cheese and Onion Mash (Cheese HEB + 3 syns), Baked Beans

EXERCISE: L1 D5 30 Day Shred - Done, and it's not even 9.00am :D

Last edited:
Keep going ladies we can do this.

Breakfast-Fruit salad topped with a muller light.

Lunch-Wholemeal roll (HEB) 2 bacon medallions and 2 syns of tomato sauce. Handful of carrot sticks.

Dinner-Either going to be curry or chilli I think.

Will also be having a freddo at 5.5syns later!

Gym.
Treadmill- Couch to 5k-Week 3 day 2. Complete. Exactly the same stats as yday-28.44 minutes, 7.6km/h and 3.6km travelled. Not sure how as I didn't feel I was giving it as much as yesterday but hey ho.
Reclined bike - 2km in 5 minutes. Really should have done more on this but I just wanted to get home and snuggled up again.
And that, would be the grand shameful total of today's cardio lol!

Weights
Free weights-
Bicep curls, 2 sets of 8 reps at 4kg. Then used 5kg for 1 set of 6. I swear I'm beyond weak. The machines make it sooo much easier to lift bigger weights.
Low row-27.5kg-2 sets of 15 reps.
Bicep curl machine-Messed around on it for 2 minutes...that was how long it took me to realise I hated it.
Leg extension-20kg-2 sets of 10 reps.

Stupid comp has the weights all in bold again grr!

Change of plan to chicken tonight as OH found some at half price in the supermarket. I don't deserve him!

Dinner: chicken casserole, cauliflower mash and cabbage.

Have been putting off doing the kettlebells all day. Don't know why, as once I get started I am fine. Maybe it's the getting into gym kit in the cold apartment. Have to wear a fleece for warm up and hey presto I am on the boil. Next post, it will be done!

Went for another reasonable walk this morning and we always head out in the evening for 30mins or so. Nothing drastic but at least I'm moving. Broke my pedometer a while back and haven't got round to replacing it. Someone told me about an app you can get for the iPhone. Anyone tried one? Any good?

Like M Louise H I have been avoiding the scales. One less thing messing with my head!

Buddying up really helps - I feel a sense of obligation not to let the two of you down. I am also fiercely competitive so the idea of not losing weight when both of you do, is not an option!

keep it up.

I wish I could avoid the scales but I always feel they actually help keep me on track regardless of what they show (apart from the times when I end up face first in a bottle of wine and consequently an Indian...at that point a bullet couldn't stop me haha).

Glad you're off to do the kettlebells you'll feel much better once you've done them :D Is it a kettlebells DVD you do? What weight is your kettlebell? Sorry for all the qu's it's all beyond me!

Not too sure of an iphone app but I'm sure a quick google will bring up some...I swear, that thing knows EVERYTHING haha!

My kettlebell is an 8kg bruiser ( 20lb) There is one exercise I use a 4kg for as I don't have the strength that I need in my forearms. I am not in the least bit athletic and started using them 6months ago. I cannot believe how much my body shape has changed as a result. My backside has all but disappeared! And I only do 3 half hour sessions per week.

I use the Kettleworks DVD which is American. The advantage is that there are no sessions the same for the whole 6 weeks. There is another DVD called Kettlercise that I use from time to time.

daisybell18 said:
My kettlebell is an 8kg bruiser ( 20lb) There is one exercise I use a 4kg for as I don't have the strength that I need in my forearms. I am not in the least bit athletic and started using them 6months ago. I cannot believe how much my body shape has changed as a result. My backside has all but disappeared! And I only do 3 half hour sessions per week.

I use the Kettleworks DVD which is American. The advantage is that there are no sessions the same for the whole 6 weeks. There is another DVD called Kettlercise that I use from time to time.

I can't recommend this form of exercise enough

SNACKS: Fruit, yoghurt, Alpen Bar (3 syns) Cappuccino (3 syns)

M Louise H said:

No lunch?

My menu for the day

B'fast : egg and grilled tomatoes
Lunch: tomato and pepper soup with pasta
Dinner: jacket potato, baked beans, salad ( probably coleslaw as I have half a cabbage that needs using up)
Snacks: banana, apple, yogurt, ryvita and Philly. Jam.

No lunch?

My menu for the day

B'fast : egg and grilled tomatoes
Lunch: tomato and pepper soup with pasta
Dinner: jacket potato, baked beans, salad ( probably coleslaw as I have half a cabbage that needs using up)
Snacks: banana, apple, yogurt, ryvita and Philly. Jam.

No lunch - have an issue at work and my stomach was in knots when I got home so just didn't want anything. The pile of mash made up for it though!!

BREAKFAST: Have a guess! Yep, 2 slices wholemeal toast (HEB), Philly Light (HEA)

LUNCH: Omelette with courgettes, mushroom and bacon

DINNER: ????

EXERCISE: L1 D6 30 Day Shred

Morning.
My menu...well I know breakfast and lunch so far.

B: Shreddies, milk and banana (HEA and B1)

L: Baked potato and baked beans (going out for lunch...depending on what the baked potato looks like/what the waitress says I'll be adding 6 syns for oil)

D:When I decide if I'm EE or green I'll let you know.

No gym today. If it's nice then a long walk.

Today's actual: -

LUNCH: Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and bacon

DINNER: Mixed Grill (chicken, pork fillet, beef) Baked Potato (HEB), cottage cheese, lettuce salad, salad dressing (1 syn)

EXERCISE: L1 D6 30 Day Shred

Ok, I officially shouldn't say what I'm eating in the morning as it CONSTANTLY changes.

Today looked like this

EE
B: Shreddies, banana and milk (HEA and B)

L: Chicken salad-3 syns for cheese.

D: Mugshot

Snacks: Apple, handful of carrot sticks, pineapple ring.

Went for a 3.1 mile walk and the best bit of the day...I bought two pairs of size 8 trousers eeek!

I always get food envy reading your menus lol! I need to be more creative.

There must be something in the air because my menu plan changed too and I'm usually quite consistent. Instead of jacket potato for dinner I did lentil and cauliflower curry with rice. Not my best effort " I think that has to be the most tasteless meal you have produced in 30years!" OH. Isn't he a darling? It wasn't that bad but he does like his meat so I shouldn't have been surprised.

Tomorrows plan

B'fast: Fruit salad and yogurt
lunch: cabbage soup
Dinner: vegetable stir fry ( I am eating out) then going to see sky fall. No popcorn or chocs for me though.
Snacks: apple, banana, hot chocolate, hard boiled egg

Week 2 resistance kettlebell session to look forward to. Also plan to walk to dinner venue and then back from pictures. Good hour in total.

Back