Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hi all,

Wow, I know we're on a roll in the Sunday group but some of the losses this week are jaw-dropping! Well done everyone.
I've lost 1.5 lb this week, which is less than I've lost so far but I was expecting a slow-down, it was a bit too much to be expected every week :p

Start 205lb
week1 200.5lb
week2 197lb (1/2 stone yay!)
week 3 195.5lb

I'm getting more familiar with the foods and my diet-instincts are kicking in and telling me to cut my portions down. But I'm not going to! Free is free in my book!:D

So I'll try to increase my activity instead, although walking 10,000 steps is a little beyond me I reckon:eek: I'll start off slowly by using the stairs instead of lift at work (office on the 2nd floor) and using the Wii fit 3 times this week. Even that'll be a shock to the system I think, I'm a little out of practise.

I got a new haircut yesterday which I'm really happy with too, so I'm starting to feel really happy with the direction I'm going in (which right now is to the kitchen to make a syn free bacon and egg brunch :D)

I lost 1.5 this week, which I am pleased with considering it was my best boy's birthday and I have been playing catch up this week :D

Well done, Silly, that's terrific, you're doing really well!

Hey SynCIty - well done!! You're doing so well.

Good luck with the walking - I know it's having amazing results on my weight loss, plus it's having the best effect ever on my mood and my energy levels. Who would have known that people were right about fresh air and exercise being so good for you?!!!

Some fantabulous losses this week! I forget everyone's individual names and successes when I get to the writing bit - I'm always afraid I shall miss someone out if I name individuals so well done to you all.

Despite staying on plan yet again all last week, and eating superspeed soup for half of it (slow cooker cooks a BIG batch!), I have stayed the same. Actually, as I weigh in Kgs I have snuck up a teeny weeny bit, but when you convert it to pounds its under half a pound and I am in the same overall pounds lost, so that's a STS for me.

Interestingly, although I have plateued (sp) over the last 2 or 3 weeks, my body fat percentage has gone down and muscle percentage has gone up. My stats show I have actually lost about 2 pound of fat, but its not showing on the scales because I have gained muscle. My clothes are feeling better so I am holding onto that!

I also think that I haven't eaten enough again - don't get me wrong, I am not going hugry at all, but if I add up my calories intake it is way under what I need, so I don't think I'm sts because I'm eating too much - I think it's not enough, and thats why the superspeed soup didn't help. It lowered my calories intake too much (I also exercise 6 days a week, which includes running 3 times a week). It is hard trying to eat more when you are eating well and not feeling hungry, cos I just don't feel like eating it.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings...

Picked up a couple of suits yesterday - Next rather unhelpfully put huge tags on the sleeves of the jackets, but M&S have one in the neck and a dangly one on the waistband...

Well done Sparky! :) I know it is not a loss, but your metabolism will be faster now due to the added muscle. You are more toned and fit - bet you have lost inches too. Result.

If you need more food without the bulk, try nuts. Crazy syns but full of protein and healthy oils.

I know, I keep checking back to see how everyone is doing! The fry up was fab, going to try doing a risotto sw stylee later on. Haven't done any exercise yet today though, having a nice lazy sunday before I start marking books for tomorrow :(

Woweee. Coming back from work to all these great results almost made up for having to go to work on a Sunday ;) (when I say almost, it didn't actually quite make up for having to go to work !!!!)

Where to start.................

Why_d - 7lbs is fantastic. I think because you try so hard and stick to plan most of the time that occasionally that makes up for the days when you aren't quite 'on plan'. Anyway, whatever the reason, well done. Hope February is as good (or better !)

Sausage - well done for sticking to plan when you were also playing 'catch up' during the week after your birthday party. That's fantastic. I know how much work you will have put into that.

Honey - I knew you were going to have a good week. You have been so positive and focused the last few weeks. I am sooo chuffed for you.

Sparky - I really believe that occasionally a STS IS your body's way of having a consolidation week (ie a week where you stick to plan but don't lose/don't lose much rather than a week where you ate too many syns but didn't quite get away with it !). I have also had the occasional week where I didn't lose much but seemed to drop in size more than other weeks. So well done and hope for a loss for you next week.

Lucy - 1lb is still a loss. Put this week behind you, it didn't do any damage and press on with a week on plan this week. Well done.

Syn City and Jane - Great stuff. It doesn't matter what you lose, a loss is a loss and going in the right direction. Good luck for this week.

Smartie- thanks for more hilarious comments (and cheering me up after a day at work !). Look forward to hearing your progress this Tuesday (and Sum).

(a very happy) Gail x

P.S. Still waiting for Sarah. Can't remember if she said that she was away this weekend ???

Syn :D a fabby loss for you too this week, I drooled a little bit when you mentioned your brekkie - I love eggs, but they hate me :(. Good luck with the exercise, which reminds me that I have to whip Davina out of the cupboard again now that my cough has gone.

Sparky wd on your sts :D even the weight needle didnt drop you have lost fat and gained muscle - which is what we all want at the end of the day :) As it gives the skin something to cling to and makes you all toned and fabby. Davina is calling me now as thats the second time I have mentioned her on one post *soundproofs cupboard* :cool:

Congrats on your loss Sausage :D I hope that you had a great day with your boy :) But you are going to have to go into my little naughty book for not sharing any birthday cake with us. Mmmmmm Cake *drools*. ''SHURRUP Davina I didnt say cake I said carrot'' :cool:

Have good evening gang :D

ps - I hope Moz is ok and coping with al the cr4p in her life at tho mo ((Moz))

Last edited:
Checking in late as I've been busy today. Well done to everyone again, love seeing the losses!

I'm minus 1.5lbs today which I'm pleased enough with as it gave me a NSV or maybe it is a scale victory, I can now use my house scales, was too heavy for them before but finally showed a reading today, no more Boots for me :D

+1lb for me this week, expected worse as the past 2 weeks have been a bit naughty having been out for dinner 3 times now and had take away. So although its a gain its not too bad. :)

That's not too bad Emma, well done :)

Congrats Missus. You will have a bigger loss next week when you join us nudie weighers:scale: hehehe

A historic evening in the Sausage household tonight as my daughter has brought home her young man to introduce to mum. First time this has ever happened. So he walks in, looks at me, turns to my size 8 daughter and says, "You didn't tell me you had a twin." Cheeky wee sh!te!!! LOL

A historic evening in the Sausage household tonight as my daughter has brought home her young man to introduce to mum. First time this has ever happened. So he walks in, looks at me, turns to my size 8 daughter and says, "You didn't tell me you had a twin." Cheeky wee sh!te!!! LOL

hehe:D

:eek: Has you daughter got your 'hair [STRIKE]dont[/STRIKE] do ' as well then?

signed, with love from
Princess Di's flick :p

gl12282 : Well Done on your -2.5lbs and getting your 4 stone award. And wow you must have worked mega hard then to get such a good loss :D

Why_d: My god a 7lb loss is absolutly fabulous – Well Done

Maybe this is a sign that I need to have a bad food week too to get my metabolism back to working overdrive aswell lol :p

Honey39: Oh wow Well done on your -4.5 lbs and losing 60lbs in 6 months, its totally amazing. And wow you’ve been doing so much walking and exercise that I’m jealous :D – Like smartie said its probably a good idea to get the exercise DVD out or maybe I should consider using my stepper which is currently gathering dust in a corner somewhere in the house :whistle:

Lucy:D: Well done on losing a pound, it’s still a loss :)

JackJane: Well done on your -1.5lbs and having so much will power to resist the fish and chips with ice cream afterwards :eek:

silly sausage: Well done on losing 1.5lbs even though there was birthday cake involved :p

P.s. Smartie you don't like cake so Silly Sausage did you a favour but not sharing as you weren't tempted to waste your syns on something you wouldn't enjoy that much. So That should move her into your good books lol :p

SynCity: Congrats on your 1.5 lb loss and good luck with your exercise – small steps are always the best. :D

Sparky67: Don’t’ worry about STS, as you said you’ve been so good hopefully more weight will come off at next weeks weigh in :D And :eek: at the amount of exercise your doing thats brilliant!

TheMissus: Well done on losing 1.5lbs – Though I’d be careful with house scales as mine once told me I had put on 8 pounds :eek: when according to SW scales I’d only put on like 3 or 4 lol

elb4160: Don’t worry about a gain as it seems you’ve been enjoying food which we all needed to do every so often lol I’m sure next week will be a good week for you :)

Smartie – Please don’t start talking about Davina or it will mean I might actually have to consider using the stepper :rolleyes: :p

Back