Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hi Gail - it's only Tuesday so still plenty of time to lose this week.

Following on from that very sensible post yesterday lol, I will add that it can work the other way as well. According to a sneaky peek this morning, my speedy week is going very well. But it is early days and it could all go pear-shaped before Sunday. Best to take any sneaky peek results with a pinch of salt.

My work has virtually no heating and I reckon I am burning loads of extra calories trying to keep warm. I wont be looking slinky though as I am wearing ALL my clothes :D

Moz - I wont be deserting the thread!

*slaps thigh or whatever Musketeers do*

I'm in it for the long haul too, and a potential gain isnt going to stop me:D I have already decided to make a treat box for christmas, which will hopefully stop me from sitting in front of the tv with a tin of roses on my lap shovelling them like there's no tomorrow.

I may even syn my own personal bottle of baileys, because that way I dont have to share it :cool:

*slaps everyone Muskateer style :p*

i'm in it for the long haul and not worried about christmas at all. i know that i'll prob not lose any weight over the course of the festive period, but so what, SW is a slow burner, it's a way of life and as long as i stick to the principles for most meals over the month and the year in general then i'll slowly come down in size. if i find i've put on a pound or a stone, oh well, i'll have enjoyed it and move on.

i'm doing the Christmas cooking for the whole family this year as i physically cant get to any of my family's homes due to the lack of transport, so it's going to be fun. i'm cooking for 9 and even though my family will offer assistance, i'm a bit of a nutter when it comes to my family cooking, i dont think any of them cook very well so it'll be all down to me, lol. some will be SW friendly, some of it not so, but it's one day. we'll be enjoying the meal and the day and it's all about the family getting together. i'll be sensible, dont get me wrong but i'm not going to stress or wind myself up about the whole period

That's great that everyone has a plan for the Christmas/New Year period! I'm sure that having a plan will be what keeps us within reasonable boundaries. The one thing I really love Christmas food wise is lovely deep-filled mince pies.... mmmm mincey-goodness! I used to get myself into trouble by buying a pack of six and before you know it, they'd all be gone, not all in one sitting but over a couple of days. It occurs to me though that there is a lovely bakery round the corner from here and if I only buy one, then I can only eat one! I might have a pie a week til Christmas. Actually, I want one now :rotflmao: :d'oh:

I'm having another green day, quorn sausages with egg and beans for lunch and Kidney Bean risotto for my dinner which is excellent as it's leftovers from yesterday that just need zapping in the microwave! Woohooo - easy dinner!

I'm off to turn the fans up as it's swelteringly hot here today! It's 32C at the moment and I see its -4C back where I used to live and snowing :eek:

Hi all have just been having a little giggle and a catch up on the posts. U really cheered me up.

Smartie your pics ae lovely u look great and Why_d great news on the chair.

Well I am here to confess my syns! I have had a really tough week. Not everyone will understand but I had to take my most loyal and beautiful best buddy - my 14 year old German Shepherd Joe to the vets on Sunday night and had to make the hardest and most heartbreaking decision of my life and have him put to sleep. It was the right decision he was starting to suffer was being treated for fits over the weekend but had lost the use of his back legs by Sunday - still so hard to let go! 4 days on and I am still devastated and trying to come to terms with the loss!

Well I am a comfort eater and have gone off plan quite a bit this week! I know I shouldn't have and feel very weak for having slipped off the wagon again. I have started to pull myself back on track but am battling with myself and am now very remorseful - really need to pull my socks up! Only I can do this I really don't want to undo all my hard work.

Sorry for venting off to you all but needed to get things off my chest x x

Awww Sarah, that is such sad news :(, I can totally understand the comfort eating at a time like this. Its a horrible decision for any owner to make, but it is the final act of love we make for our pets. And I am sure that Joe was very grateful to have such a loving owner and that he had a fantastic life with you :)

Oh Sarah really sorry to hear that. Dont beat yourself up about it, you did what was best! and dont beat yourself up about food either!

Well I am here to confess my syns! I have had a really tough week. Not everyone will understand but I had to take my most loyal and beautiful best buddy - my 14 year old German Shepherd Joe to the vets on Sunday night and had to make the hardest and most heartbreaking decision of my life and have him put to sleep. It was the right decision he was starting to suffer was being treated for fits over the weekend but had lost the use of his back legs by Sunday - still so hard to let go! 4 days on and I am still devastated and trying to come to terms with the loss!

Well I am a comfort eater and have gone off plan quite a bit this week! I know I shouldn't have and feel very weak for having slipped off the wagon again. I have started to pull myself back on track but am battling with myself and am now very remorseful - really need to pull my socks up! Only I can do this I really don't want to undo all my hard work.

Sorry for venting off to you all but needed to get things off my chest x x

Awwwww, sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear about your tough week, that's so horrible. I know how hard it is. I also know how *powerful* that urge is to seek comfort in food - it's incredibly deep-rooted.

The thing is, this will happen to people who are trying to make life changes. If it was easy and we never stumbled, then we would have done it years ago. It's a challenge and it's hard, but you know what? I am SO proud of you for coming on this thread and telling us how you feel and sharing your experiences - because that's the way to getting things back on track, by keeping going no matter what.

I quit smoking about 18 months ago, and one of the great things was learning that cigarettes didn't actually make me feel better, they didni't change my mood. I'm trying to do the same with food and comfort eating now - to analyse what exactly is going on. You know that you comfort ate because you were so devastated about losing a beloved pet - here's the question though: did comfort eating actually bring you comfort? When I comfort eat, I go into a sort of trance almost, it's very very odd, I can't quite explain it. It's a powerful urge though.

Anyway, ((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) you're doing brilliantly well, get right back on the wagon and see an amazing loss either this Sunday or next Sunday!

Why_D, am absolutely delighted to hear about the chair, that's great news that you've got it back and fixed - watch the weight just fall away this week and next!!

Thank you all so much for your lovely and comforting comments it really does help to come on here and talk to you all.

Really big thanks to Honey - you really do help me to put things in perspective! and no u r so right the food didn't provide any comfort and that is something for me to really concentrate on. Do you help people for a living Honey? you really have a way with words and understanding people.

Oh Sarah,

I am so sorry to hear about Joe. There may be some people who don't understand but the Sunday weighers crowd definitely do. Sausage put it beautifully when she said that it was the hardest but bravest thing you could have done. I hope that I would have the courage to do what you did if I had to.

And honey, you just always say the right things. You are great !

Regarding 'you've still time to lose'
Following on from that very sensible post yesterday lol, I will add that it can work the other way as well.

Sadly, it looks like your prediction is coming true :eek: !!! I haven't 'lost it' but had a meal out tonight when I wasn't as controlled as I would have like to have been :eek:. Still, I was always going to have to learn to live with the occasional gain (as it will be my first since starting !!).

Still as one of the musketeers said (!) I am in this for the long haul so I will manage. I'm in good spirits so don't worry :p

I'm away for the weekend so I will be watching everyone's progress avidly and will post mine on Monday (whatever it is) when I weigh in in the morning. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks for all your support.

Gail x

Gail - Don't worry about a wee gain now and again. Get some magic soup inside you next week and it will sort you out. Have a lovely weekend.

I have been so good this week with my super speeds and speeds. Blimmin neighbour has thrown a spanner in the works by inviting me for drinks and nibbles tonight *tuts*

Been wondering what I can take that is not obvious diet food. Decided on mojitos, humous and pretzels. Well mojitos are super speed aren't they...all those limes??? :party0016:

I can't believe how busy this thread is!

Sarah - I can so understand how you feel, it's a hard thing to do but a loss of a pet is a loss of a member of the family. Hugs to you.

I think I'm on course for my first gain. No reason why, I have been on plan all week, but last week I had a really good loss, and this week it's been my * week and I don't feel like I've been to the loo in days (I take tablets on my * week and wonder if they make me constipated?). Anyway, being a sneaky peeker I am way over where I was last Sunday, so something needs to happen before weigh day if it's not going to be a gain! I shall just have to be strong and stick with it (and I have bought Mr Sparky67 some mince pies ;))

Aww, I love Sunday weighers. What a bunch we are and I feel so proud that we're totally awesome!

When I weighed on Sunday I only lost 1lb but a loss is a loss :)

Sarah, so sorry to hear about your loss. We had to put our family dog down as he had severe arthritis and my dad had to lift him up and downstairs - he was a big golden Labrador and weighed a ton. But there's nothing worse than seeing a pet in pain so you totally done the right thing for him.

I'm managing to stick to plan this week, determined to lose the weight for my wedding!! Iv been struggling with bulimia and depression over the past year and having SW to focus on is doing me the world of good. Chin up!!

Awww Sarah I'm so sorry to read about your dog. I'm a softie when it comes to animals and fully understand how bereft you must feel. You did the right thing though and as others have said, it's the last truly loving thing that you can do for your pet when you know they are suffering. I've got so many happy memories of pets I've had throughout my many hundreds of years (I'm feeling old this morning :p ), they really bring a lot of happiness into our lives.

As well as feeling old this morning, I'm feeling somewhat flabby. Was just brushing and plaiting my daughter's hair and caught an unfortunate reflection of myself in the mirror with a rather unattractive spare tyre for my midriff. Waaaaahhhhhhhh! Not good for the ego - that was half an hour ago and I'm still mumping to myself about it :rotflmao:

I've been as good as gold this week, but somehow it looks like I'm going to get a gain, I think it's because I didn't really totally believe in my 2lbs last week. Oh well, I shall wait and see what the scales say tomorrow morning!

Hot as anything here today - but at least it's not as humid as it was yesterday. It was miserable yesterday like walking around in a sauna all day. Not so bad if you can laze around but when you have stuff to do, it's rotten!

Oh my! I'm a whinging old bag today, aren't I! .... and that's odd because I'm actually feeling quite chirpy!

Anyway, time to go peg the washing out! Hope everyone sleeps well and has a good last day before weigh-in! :D

Morning all :)

I am fairly bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning. I alternated the mojitos with big glasses of diet tonic water and ignored the huge tin of Quality Street. One of the neighbours said she thought I had lost weight. About bloomin time!! :33:

morning! not looking forward to tomorrow. have been good for most of the week, but fluidwise i'm def not putting out what i'm putting in (to be a but graphic). so feeling bloated and expecting yet another gain. grr

Evening all :p Well I've been naughty today. Meal-wise I've been as good as gold but for no reason other than I just felt like it, I just succumbed to some particularly lovely looking cookies, but they weren't even all that nice .... and I ate *hangs head in shame* four of them! No idea why I did it, cookies really aren't my thing at all. Actually, I probably usually don't do it because I don't usually have them in the house - but today my 8 year old was doing big hopeful eyes at me when she saw them and I gave in. Never again! :rotflmao:

Anyway, I thought I better confess now so that I don't bleat tomorrow that I have no idea why I've had a gain rather than a sts or loss. Quite cross with myself.

w0000000000000000t!!!!!!!!!! missed the bus home this morning so went bimbling in New Look looking at clothes. I can only get into a size 14 pair of jeans :talk017: I just had to buy them obviously :D and they are now my best friends

Well done on the tempation resistings Sausage :D

Why_d - hope the weigh in goes better for you, you never know it may all work out fine :) *fingers crossed*

Mmmmmmmmmm mozz, does this remind you of someone? :p

attachment.php

:brainfart: << that smiliey is there for no reason whatsoever, but it did make snigger when I saw it

Back