Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hi guys!
Well done to everyone for their losses and sts! I'm another sts this week but I completely expected a gain coz Iv been so stressed this week and turned to food a couple of times.

Gonna try and drink plenty more water this week and eat more ss foods. Been stuck in a rut with what Iv been eating.

Well, much as expected really - 0.2kgs down, so another STS. As I posted last night I have been 100% on plan, but I just don't think I've been eating enough. Not necessarily deliberately, but I've just been busy etc, so not had time to fit everything in.

This week I will try and make an effort to eat a bit more, but stay on plan, although I have two Christmas meals out this week, which should make things interesting!

Good news is my visceral (sp) fat, and body fat percentage have both dropped.

In the run up to Christmas it's good to see lots of STS instead of gains!

Whaaaa! I posted and then crashed and disappeared.

The gist was....Yaaay Honey and well done the STSers. Stoopid computer! :mad:

Why_D - I can't decide either. I like the idea of the colander lids as it means less juggling when you are draining sprouts etc. but one the reviewers mentioned that the handles had conducted heat.

Sorry, I am not much help. The three pans that I could not do without are
  • Stock pot. Big heavy based stainless steel one for making soups and preserves.
  • Griddle pan - a square one with ridges which is great for cooking courgettes and peppers without oil so they go all caramalised.
  • Jamie Oliver Tefal frying pan. It is a very even heat and sooo non stick. I love it and it can also go under the grill or in the oven.

Hey Honey, I know exactly how you feel, I didn't really follow plan this week either and lost too...shocked and stunned, but very happy. I just have to remember that I can't get this lucky two weeks in a row :)

Congrats to all my fellow Sunday weighers...this month is going to be a tester for all of us, so good luck, or should I say good planning :)

Sorry I missed posting last week which was a STS by the way :(, but hardly unexpected.
My plan on Monday was to get back with the program which also didn't happen so I fully expected a gain this week but instead the gods are having a laugh and I had a loss of 2.5 lbs!!!
I am taking this as a further test to see if I can get myself back on plan and not completely blow it before Xmas :)
See you all next week

Why_D - I can't decide either. I like the idea of the colander lids as it means less juggling when you are draining sprouts etc. but one the reviewers mentioned that the handles had conducted heat.

Sorry, I am not much help. The three pans that I could not do without are
  • Stock pot. Big heavy based stainless steel one for making soups and preserves.
  • Griddle pan - a square one with ridges which is great for cooking courgettes and peppers without oil so they go all caramalised.
  • Jamie Oliver Tefal frying pan. It is a very even heat and sooo non stick. I love it and it can also go under the grill or in the oven.

yeah, i'm thinking the colander lids are swaying it, tho it means a tea towel will also be needed. i've a few other qvc pans which are great which is why i'm going with a full set but also like the idea of the silicone ones.. tho the size of those may not be as good... the 16cm pot is always handy, lol

Well done honey - I am so delighted for you.

Well done to Why_d, you've had a great start to this month. Fingers crossed for next week.

I'm so pleased for you Emma (that you didn't gain) and am keeping all my fingers crossed for you this week. Hope you are settling into work.

And for all you other STS people (JMo, Sausage, Lil'lou, sparky - really sorry if I've missed anyone but your postings are on a different page !), that is a good result. A STS means that you don't have any extra to lose.

I hope everyone has a good week. Am not overly concerned if I don't lose this week (what with xmas coming up etc) but will do my best and I'm running now (have been out twice this weekend) which should help.

See you next Sunday if not before.

Gail x

Had a look at the pans Why_d. I like them both but I'd be inclined to go for the 7 piece too. I like the draining lids and also the shape of the pans (for no reason at all other than I tend to have the taller pans rather than shorter wider pans). I suspect that you'd use and love both sets though. Sorry for not being that much help........!

Gail x

thanks gail! yes, there's pros and cons for both sets but do like the draining lids so will prob go with those!

Sorry guys I have had a really hectic weekend and didn't get to post yesterday - better late than never!! Have just been catching up on all your posts sounds like everyone has had one of those weeks.

Well done to JMo, Honey and Gail on your losses and to Why_D, Silly Sausage, Emma, Lil Lou and Sparky on your maintains (hope I haven't missed anyone).

Unfortunately, I have gained 1lb this week! I know the reasons why I had my Christmas party at work and a night out with friends this week. Whilst I tried to moderate after one too many alcoholic drinks my brain clouded over and I didn't think about what I was eating!! I tried to be good the rest of the week but obviously it has shown on the scales. Also doesn't help its my * week.

But no excuses back to it I am not going to give in! Got loads of really lovely comments at my Christmas party about how much weight I had lost and how nice I looked so that should help spur me on - don't want to undo any more of my hard work.

Unfortunately, have two more meals this week but they don't include alcohol so I should be able to be more in control.

Good luck for next week all.

I've got a bit of a dilema guys!
I've been really good this weekend, made batches of soup/SW quiche etc to take to work so that I can hopefully have a better loss next sunday.
Now I've just found out this morning that 2 of the girls in the office have paid for me to have the xmas lunch in the canteen because they didnt want me to be left out which is absolutely lovely :eek:
But in a way I was kind of glad I couldn't afford it because it meant I'd stick to plan...
So now I've got to have it anyway..:confused:
I can hardly say no can I!

It is really touching though, I've only been here 2 weeks!

Well done Jeanette! What a great surprise!

Sarah - that is a teeny loss in the grand scale of things and the fact that you were given so many compliments shows that. Enjoy your parties.

Aaaawww Emma - I think that is lovely of them. I don't see the dilemma - you should definitely go as it will yum plus it is important to make new mates at work. If it is traditional turkey and veg, that should be pretty much on plan anyway.

You could freeze the soup and have quiche with chips for dinner one night so no wastage there. Have a great lunch - your new workmates sound like a good crowd :)

Hi my lovely Sunday weighers! I tried to post this earlier, but the PC crashed on me - yikes. Anyway, wanted to say huge well done to all of us - how amazingly cool are we all? We turn up week after week after week to report our weekly weigh-in no matter what. That's hugely impressive. I think we have better staying power than a real life group, to be honest...Yay us!

Well done Gail on the two pound loss, that's amazing in the lead up to Christmas, you must feel fabulous! Good luck with all the parties this week, you'll be just fine, like you said, you have loads of practice at eating out now.

Congrats JM on losing 2.5 lbs, that's fabulous! You must feel terrific today, well done!

Why_D, Silly Sausage, Emma, Lil Lou, Sparky - huge well done on maintaining your progress, that's amazingly good at this time of year, I will be absolutely thrilled if my weigh-in on January 2nd is the same as now. I honestly think that maintaining is a huge victory, and to get to our goals we just need to keep moving forward, baby steps if necessary, sometimes pausing to gather our breath before carrying on.

Sarah Johnson - Ah, that's a tiny little gain, and you said it really well - you know the reasons why! Heck, that's nothing, you have come such a long way (weigh?!) I just know you're going to report a loss next week.

Hope that everyone has a terrific week - I am tracking everything, and trying to eat 'low' most days to make up for a couple of parties. I am going to stay on plan whenever I can, drink loads of water, and keep at it. I really really want to be able to either STS or lose on Sunday, so that's my goal.

Oh, I have a question for you all - what is your ideal outfit when you reach your goal weight? I was thinking about this earlier, and when I've reached my ideal weight, I would love to get a red velvet dress that hugs and doesn't skim. Sort of vintage, with forties shoes. Do you guys think about this stuff as well???!

Have a terrific week, am really looking forward to 'meeting' up on Sunday to find out how we've all done

(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Morning all :)

Sorry I've not been around - life has been a bit grotty the last few days.

Had a sts which hasn't helped my general state of mind. I've been good as gold the last two weeks stayed well within syns overall and have nothing to show for it. Meh and pfffft and a mighty hurrumph.

I'm not giving up though just right royally p'd off.

Glad to see that there have been some good losses and a few happy maintains in what is a difficult time for some with work do's and whatnot.

Emma, I agree with silly sausage that it's important that you do take up the gift of the Xmas lunch. It was a really kind thing for your new colleagues to do for you and it would be churlish to not just enjoy it. Settling in to your new workplace with your new workmates is every bit as important as losing weight. You could look at it that by investing some of your time and syns in building a happy work environment you will reap the rewards in your weight loss anyway. If you're happy in your work place you are more likely to be happy in your life and if you are happy with your life then you are more likely to stick to plan in the long term. That makes sense in my head not so sure it does when written down :rotflmao:

Anyway, enough wittering, I hope everyone has a good week - including me! ;) :D

Never mind Sarah on your gain. It's a small thing in a big 'pool' of loss. Next week will be better.

Emma - I agree with sausage. I think you should go. It's really lovely of them to do that. However try and plan what you will have and what not to have and try and stick to it (eg if there are roast potatoes and boiled as well, just take the boiled) so that you have a lovely meal but can do your best. Hope you have a great time.

Ozzie - so sorry to hear about your not great week. I am sure that it will come off but I know how difficult it is to keep on track when you aren't seeing the results. Have you tried posting a food diary to see whether anyone has any suggestions ? Hope you can keep going this week. Big hugs.

Gail x

Oh, I have a question for you all - what is your ideal outfit when you reach your goal weight? I was thinking about this earlier, and when I've reached my ideal weight, I would love to get a red velvet dress that hugs and doesn't skim. Sort of vintage, with forties shoes. Do you guys think about this stuff as well???!

Good question. I don't have an outfit in mind, just anything out of a regular shop instead of the "fat ladies" shop. Or better still, a charity shop. I always see nice things, but choice is limited in larger sizes :sigh:

Good luck to Smartie on your WI today :)

i'm not an outfit kinda guy, but i think that salsa outfit scott maslen wore the other week on strictly come dancing could have my name on it... :sign0151:

Back