Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

5lbs off for me - Thrilled to bits, although it is my first week - Hoping for 2lbs next week now to take me up to half a stone and back in the 9's. Congratulations to everyone else on their losses.:)

Well my body/scales have surprised me, but not in a good way.. I've not STS again this week, but have gained 1lb :( Stupid bloody argh.
So I've taken a step I should have done from the start and have actually properly planned what I'm going to eat today and stick to it 100%. If this doesnt work then I'm going to the docs and asking for a thyroid test/anything else that might help because I'm so sick of it you wouldnt believe.

Well done to everyone else for their losses though, keep up the good work!

Susie - that's a great loss, especially considering you don't have an awful lot to lose.

Emma - sorry you are feeling so frustrated. I have has a look at your food diary, but you haven't been keeping it up to date. I wonder whether you are not eating enough - your diary that you have entered looks fairly low cal, but (and don't take this the wrong way), as you are quite large, you will actually need to eat a lot more than someone of say 10stone trying to lose a few pounds (and I am speaking from experience - I was a lot bigger than I am now at one point). If you don't eat enough you won't lose, and the time of the month, or eating something very salty etc can mean you end up actually gaining, which means you think you need to cut back even more when actually what you need to do is eat more.

As a rough guide, someone of your height and weight with a sedentary lifestyle would need to eat around 3400 calories a day to maintain weight (I have made an assumption you are in your mid 20s).

I know on SW we don't count cals, but at the end of the day that's what weight loss is - cals in v cals out. However, on SW I find that some days it is quite easy to only eat say 1500 cals and still feel full. That's fine if you are only looking to lose a few pounds, but as you see from my earlier posts, my weight loss has stalled when I know I haven't eaten enough, and I wonder whether the same thing is happening for you.

Your basal metabolic rate means your body needs a minimum of 2500 cals just to operate its basic functions. If you are regularly eating less than this (and that is quite easy on plan) then your body is just going to fight to hand onto everything because it thinks it is being starved.

Instead of worrying about eating less, try and eat more - use all your syns, perhaps even cut back on the 1/3 of superfree if you are on EE for a while and see how it goes. Most people following SW advise adding more superfree if you're not losing, but I think you need more calories in your day so I would try and cut them back and have more substantial foods, but still within plan.

Hope I haven't upset you by poking my nose in. :)

Well done Pinktoaster, Sparky, Lucy and Suzienoz on your losses what a great start to January.

Keep your chin up Emma and good for you on carrying on during these trying times. Don't get too disheartened it is only 1lb and that can be just retained water. Sending good vibes your way for a loss for next week.

Sparky lovely supportive post - you are so right with the not eating enough I find if I don't eat enough I can have a gain or STS my body seems to hold on to weight because it thinks I'm not getting enough. Also worth noting to make sure you have calcium in your diet and have your healthy a's! If you didn't watch the BBC programme 10 ways to lose weight on Thursday night they proved that calcium in low fat dairy products like skimmed milk and low fast cheese assist your body in excreting more fat.

I lost 4.5 this week which takes me OUNCES away from 3 stone. Waaaah!! I will just have to be good and wait until next week.

Well done all the losers, Honey, Why_D, Sarah, Sparky and especially newbies Pink, Lucy and Susie. Big whoop for Why_D on hitting a half century! :happy036:

Emma - it is a good plan to plan better. Sometimes on the tea thread it seems like you are unsure what to have and often change your mind throughout the day. Maybe you could try making a menu for the week. I like knowing in the morning what is for tea so I can start looking forward to it lol

Thank you so much everyone for your support, especially to sparky. I really appreciate it :) See I know everyone says well done for sticking with it etc, but its people like you lot and posts like these ones that keep me going when things aren't happening so thank you thank you thank you!

I've been on the phone to my mum this morning as well and she keeps saying I'm not eating enough too. She did SW probably about 10 + and lost a load of weight, which is why I decided to start SW because I knew it worked. So I'm going to do my best to eat more... even though I'm not hungry >_<
So a slight change to my plan today as I've just scoffed down some scrambled eggs and a whole tin of beans o_O
I think I'm going to get rid of my food diary and just keep it all in my main diary which is where I've posted today's plan.

It's so weird to my mind to think I'm not losing weight because I'm not eating enough, but I can see the logic behind it even if it doesnt make much sense!

If you don't eat enough, your body hangs on to calories because it thinks there is not enough food around. If you eat loads of healthy stuff and don't skip meals, your metabolism is kept working all day. When your body is firing on all cylinders, you will lose more weight.

When is your 21st Emma? Do you have anything planned?

If you don't eat enough, your body hangs on to calories because it thinks there is not enough food around. If you eat loads of healthy stuff and don't skip meals, your metabolism is kept working all day. When your body is firing on all cylinders, you will lose more weight.

When is your 21st Emma? Do you have anything planned?
Its on the 19th of this month, and no not really got anything planned as such. We were talking about going out for a meal (great... just what I need haha) but I dont think we will to be honest...
I dont really drink so going out for drinks is pointless and beyond that I really dont know what I want to do if anything.

I didn't do anything for mine either (apart from neck a bottle of Southern Comfort - not very SW friendly LOL)

Good luck with your food planning. I just cook for myself, but I guess it must be harder when you have to consider what your OH fancies eating too. I think the plan works best when you are cooking really yummy food so go for it - spoil yourself with all your favourites. I often think I eat tastier food on plan than before I started.

Soooo well done to everyone who lost! lets hope for some great loses next week too..!

Emma, huni, i'm in the same boat! I have a lot to lose but just can't seem to get my head around eating a mountain of food to lose weight! Just doesn't make sense in my head, or my OH who always seems to look at my portion size in horror! pffft! I suspect there are days where i'm gonna go off track and feel crap on a sunday about it but i think maybe its trying to make a fresh start each week thats the important bit. Maybe we could have a joint food diary to help with food planning? just an idea but i'd probably help me too!

xx

Soooo well done to everyone who lost! lets hope for some great loses next week too..!

Emma, huni, i'm in the same boat! I have a lot to lose but just can't seem to get my head around eating a mountain of food to lose weight! Just doesn't make sense in my head, or my OH who always seems to look at my portion size in horror! pffft! I suspect there are days where i'm gonna go off track and feel crap on a sunday about it but i think maybe its trying to make a fresh start each week thats the important bit. Maybe we could have a joint food diary to help with food planning? just an idea but i'd probably help me too!

xx
I think thats a brilliant idea! Especially has we're both PCOS ladies too so we probably have similar intolerances to insulin or whatever it is haha

why_d said:
well done Honey!

just realised we've lost about the same in the same timescale :D go us!

i too lost 2lb this week! :D

Well done why-d! That's fabulous x

SarahJohnson said:
Well done Moz STS is still good and not a gain - it will come off next week. have been giggling at the doughnut discussion!!!

Fantastic news Honey well done on your loss and reaching those fab milestones! and well done too to Why_ on your 2lb loss also. You have both done amazing. Finger crossed for you Emma!

I am so happy this morning I have got back on track and some extra. Have lost 4lbs this week was showing between 4 and 4.5lb loss but thought I'd go with the safest option. That puts me a 1.5lb lower than I have ever been.

Have stuck to it 100% all January and stuck to my 2 litres a day and chucked in some extra super free foods. Really in the frame of mind so am going to keep it up and see where next week takes me x x

Sarah that's an amazing loss!!! You must feel fabulous, huge well done, am so pleased for you - great start to the year! X

Sparky67 said:
Yey - looks like we are all getting back in the groove after Christmas.

I've lost a tad under 2.5lbs (I weigh in kgs), and that has got me back under the 100kg which I briefly managed before Xmas for one week, and back over the 50lb lost milestone, so I am quite pleased - in fact I have lost all what I put on over Christmas plus a smidge more.

Well done Lucy!! Three pounds is great.

Sparky huge well done!!! I'm back over fifty pounds lost today and it feels fab, doesn't it?! So pleased xx

silly sausage said:
I lost 4.5 this week which takes me OUNCES away from 3 stone. Waaaah!! I will just have to be good and wait until next week.

Well done all the losers, Honey, Why_D, Sarah, Sparky and especially newbies Pink, Lucy and Susie. Big whoop for Why_D on hitting a half century! :happy036:

Yay silly sausage - that's fantastic!!!!!!! Yay you, how marvellous! This is a roller coaster day.

Sorry for all the posts, I don't want to ignore anyone but am posting from my phone which is fiddly x

Wow so many people here today :)

Well done Moz on your STS especially as you say you havent been following the plan too closely - get back into the groove (as madonna would say)we know you can do it :D

Honey - congratulations on your loss and more importantly getting your milestones and mojo back, I know how it feels to 'lose' them, but to get them back so soon after Xmas is a great achievement :D

Why-d congratulations on your loss, I see that it has taken you over the 50lb loss as well - well done :D

Sarah - stonking loss, congratulations not only on your loss, but also for the 100% week :D

PinkToaster - nice to see you again :D, congratulations on your first loss and may it be the first of many :D

Lucy - hello to you too :D congratulations for your loss, and you seem really positive, good luck for next week. Regarding your loss, its fine and exactly what I loss in my first week. I was a bit :confused: with it as well because I was used to losing about 7+ when I started a diet. But they were mainly crash diets - SW may not give you such massive losses but it is so much sustainable and you will lose more in the long run because of that :D

Sparky - well done on your loss and for your 100% week and for getting your 50lb lost milestone :D

Susie - well done, thats a fabby loss considering you dont have much so loose, good luck for next week :D

Elb - I can only echo what others have said regarding perhaps eating more, but I appreciate it must be so frustrating for you too:( I too watched the 10 things dieters must know, and it suggested that people who write things down in their food diary as soon as they eat it are more likely to have more accurate diaries than those that try to recall things at the end of the day. :D I also have PCOS and I realsied just before Xmas I was having a flare up because all my spots came back over the course of about 6 weeks which coincided with my plateau. I have been doing soley green days since Xmas - but I dont know whether that was the reason for the change - there is a small section on the SW website (or there was on the old version) that recommened green days for PCOS sufferers - so many give a few green weeks a go?

Sausage - well done on your loss, fingers crossed that you get your 'cyber sticker' next week, so tantalisingly close - bit like my doughnuts last night :D

Missus - wow congratulations on your first week - what a boost to your mojo, good luck for next week :D

:eek: Mammoth post (Gail would be proud hehe) and I am pretty sure I have just worn of a layer of skin on my fingers. I hope I havent missed anyone out

Back