Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Well, I dont know whether you noticed or not, but I cant draw at all :eek:

'Is it a bird?' Pffft :p it was quite obvious that it was a Boeing 787 twin jet airplane

Sparky if you don't me asking what size are you currently in? I have a lovely Next suit (hardly worn) that I was going to sell on ebay in a size 18-20. Do you want me to take a pic for you to have a look at?

Thanks for the offer - I am an 18 in most places I thing, but not sure about next. They have moved it to Thursday lunchtime so I'm off shopping later today.

Perhaps I can just "try it on" for half an hour next Thursday, and decide I don't like it... as long as I hide any labels in the photo! ;)

This Sunday will be my six month anniversary of joining Slimming World - and this thread! I know a lot of us have been here about the same length of time (or more or less, not being exclusive!!). Just wondered - is anyone aware of a regular Sunday poster who has gone missing in action? I'm not aware that we have lost anyone, you know - which means that we are an amazingly dedicated group that should *high five* ourselves for our dedication to the cause of fat shifting.

*high five everyone*:banana dancer::party0023:

god i hadn't even thought that it had been 6 months even though i knew i was on week 26... time flies! lol

not holding out muc hope for tomorrow though as i've had a bad week!

Morning all. I'm the first in today (I'm working so have to be up early - yuck :()

Well, amazingly after 4 meals out:eating: last weekend/early part of last week, I have lost 2.5lbs ! What a shock. I have tried REALLY hard this week but I still didn't expect that. Also got my 4 stone award but I haven't got time to sort that out now (will take me a few hours to figure it out again !!)

Anyway, I will post later when I get home but hope you all have a great result again.

Gail x

Well done Gail thats amazing - you must be tickled pink at them moment :D, I can only assume that your metabolism is on fire at the moment because of the constant changing of meals. I am seriously considering bribing someone to wine and dine me this week now :D

Congratulations on your new shiney :talk017:

Smartie you may have something there about metabolism and different foods. i def had a bad food week this week, well, i thought i had. this week the scales say i've lost 3kgs! 7lbs!!!! i even got one of my carers to jump on the scales after to see if they were reading correctly but they seem to be.

that means that i've lost every week in January, the first time ever in a month this has happened and after 2 months of plateauing maybe this is a sign it's gonna quicken up a bit for a while... tho now that i've said that i'll prob not lose for another 6 weeks! lol

:eek: 7lbs!!!!!!!!!! *faints*

I am so pleased for you Why_d and welcome to the 4 stone corner as well, tis getting rather crowded in here now :D

Well, that settles in then - I am going back on the dating sites to be wined and dined next week :p

Huge well done Why_D and Gail, what an amazing set of results - that's fantastic!

Well, today is my six month anniversary, and I lost....4.5 lbs, making it just over 60 lbs in six months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo and yay, I am so so so so happy this morning, I feel amazing, totally wonderful!

I knew it was going to be a big loss, because I have been walking so much. This week I even got over the mythic '10,000' steps on two days, and was about 8,000 steps on the other days. That's a LOT of walking, and I've been working hard on making sure that these are 'aerobic' steps (continuous walking) for around 20 minutes each time four times a day, not shopping etc. And I've been pushing myself to walk faster all the time - I love it. But I knew that there has been a big change in my body in January - my clothes are suddenly dramatically falling off me, and are unwearable mostly. And this week it was even more noticeable.

God I'm so happy this morning - it feels like all my efforts this month have really paid off, January has been a terrific month.

Good luck everyone else, I'll be here for the next six months....!!!!

am chuffed for you honey! and gail!

WOW WELL DONE PEOPLE!!!

Gail... AMAZING!!!!!! You have done sooo well and proved that you can still lose weight while living the high life!! Could it have been down to those yummy seafood dishes you ate? - I have had all my best losses on weeks when I've been out for sushi which is weird?! Maybe we are onto something.

But anyway CONGRATULATIONS to all of you "losers", very well deserved everyone!

Last edited:
Wooooot Honey, congratulations!!!!!!

I've just done a quick tot up, and you have lost 12lbs this month :eek: We are getting a bit squashed in the 4 stone corner now, so we are going to have to take turns on sitting on why_d's lap :D

*Makes mental note to walk to all restaurants during my wine and dine week*

Wooooot Honey, congratulations!!!!!!

I've just done a quick tot up, and you have lost 12lbs this month :eek: We are getting a bit squashed in the 4 stone corner now, so we are going to have to take turns on sitting on why_d's lap :D

*Makes mental note to walk to all restaurants during my wine and dine week*

Hahaha, I thought it was 11.5 lbs, I can't add up.

Anyway, I'm excited this week to join the 60lbs club as well! Another milestone, huh? Lots of milestones, and let's celebrate every single one!

I think the five stone/70lbs is going to be a very very very sweet goal to reach for me - that takes me under the 20 stone mark, so it's quite a big step. I'm excited, can you tell?!

Morning everyone!
Jumped on the scales yest and have lost.. 1 pound this week :( knew it was going to be pretty bad but at least its still a loss! couple of red days to move things forward i think!

well done everyone! :D

xx

Hello everyone
Well done on some amazing losses I would really faint if I lost anywhere near 7lbs! - I lost 1.5lb which is what I expected as I do lose weight slowly but it is going in the right direction.

Pleased with myself as I went to Whitby for the day yesterday and had ryvitas whilst everyone else tucked into the famous Whitby cod and chips followed by melon when they had their ice creams.

Am feeling positive for the start of week 3.

I think the five stone/70lbs is going to be a very very very sweet goal to reach for me - that takes me under the 20 stone mark, so it's quite a big step. I'm excited, can you tell?!

You have every right to be excited - I proudly show everyone my book when I get into a new stone bracket. A get some funny looks when I show it to random people in asda, but that's besides the point :cool:

I know how I feel when I reached big milestones, its starts to become achievable, and the light at the end of the tunnel slowly gets bigger and bigger :) When I first started my C asked for my target weight - I told her thinking there was no way I could do it, that I would only last 3 weeks tops before jacking it in as a lost cause. But as the weeks and months went by it slowly dawned on me that I could do it :D

Well done Lucy and JackJane on your losses.

Congratulations JackJane on your resilience of steel to resist those fish and chips. Make sure you give your halo a good polish before you step into week three :D

Lucy a loss is a loss, and they are all to be celebrated. It's a pound gone and they all add up when you look at the bigger picture :)

I'm off to watch some tennis, so I will catch up with the stragglers later :D

Well done Lucy and JackJane - all losses!

I actually was quite a slow starter, I think - I had good months and bad months, but I always was delighted with any loss at all, it's all good!

Back