Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hey all :D I'm -4.5 today! Surprised as I thought it would be less given that I'm puffed up like a puffer fish with this water retention totm crap! So very happy!

Hi all some bumper losses this week. Well done everyone.

After two week of STS I finally managed a loss of 2lbs this week. Little dissapointed even though I know I shouldn't be - it is going to come off slower the nearer target I get just didn't think it would slow down this early.

But will keep at it and think it is time to start to concentrate on more exercise.

Well done everyone else x x

madkoi: Well done on losing 3lbs on your first weigh in :D

susienoz: Well done for losing 1lb, it’s a pound in the right direction

gl12282: OMG congrats on such a fabulous loss and lol your gonna be joining Smartie in the 4 ½ stone corner soon :bunnydance:

why_d: Well Done on your STS, its not a gain and i'm sure you'll lose next week as you such such fabbie losses over the last few weeks :)

Honey39: Well Done on your STS since you had so much going on, people like that aren’t worth giving importance to – I hope you feel better soon :hug99:

JackJane: Oooh Congrats on your 2lbs loss and your new sticker :D

Kwise1: Well done on your -2lbs

Sparky67: Well done on your loss and I have no idea how you can round down lol If I was you I’d round up :p. And Congrats on your new sticker – they are the best :D

silly sausage: 1lb on isn’t too bad as it sounds like you did have loads of fun with smirnoff ninjas lol And I’m sure you’ll be able to lose it next week :D

lol thank you for liking my profile picture – Samrtie made it especially since her nick name for me is a Smurf – And would you believe we have actually been asked if we were sisters :eek: even though we look nothing alike lol

SynCity: Well done on losing 1lb and your holiday sounds awesomes – I hope you have fun :D

elb4160: I hope that everything works out for you so that your less stressed :hug99:

TheMissus: OMG that’s a brilliant loss – Well done :bunnydance:

SarahJohnson: Well done on your loss and don’t be disappointed with 2lbs as its going in the right direction. Personally I’ve never lost more that 2.5lbs in a week since I started SW, so just keep at it and I’m sure it will come off :D

Thanks honey. Well done on your STS. If you haven't had a great week, then it's an achievement to STS. Also, I am in no doubt that you will be losing inches and inches.

JackJane - well done on 2lbs and your first shiny. What a boost ! It's a lovely feeling isn't it.

Kwise - welcome to sunday weighers and good news about your loss. Make sure you are here every week without fail and you will do well.

Sparky - you are ON FIRE. That is brilliant. And another shiny. Woo hoo.

Sausage - if you were attacked by the smirnoff ninja, you have an excuse. But no excuses next week because I assume that you have now acquired a ninja defence weapon in preparation........! Good luck with fighting them off - at least you should burn some calories in the process.
P.S. Happy 6 month anniversary. Look what you have achieved so far :-D

SynCity - I am so jealous. Have a great trip, buy lots and be here as soon as you get back to report on how it was and what the scales say (although I would recommend leaving it a day before you weigh because last time I gained 6lbs of fluid the day I arrived back but it was all gone by the following day or two). Well done on today's loss.

Emma - I know you're having a difficult time at the moment so big hugs. Hope you start to feel a bit better soon.

TheMissus - you must be delighted. That is fantastic. Hope next week is as good (or even better !).

Sarah - I'm so pleased for you. I know it's maybe not as much as you would have liked but 2lb is good and it's all in the right direction. Stick with it and I have no doubt you will get there.

Well done Sunday weighers and thanks to our 2 guest Tuesday weighers for being so supportive and lovely (as always :D)

Gail x

Hi fellow Sunday Weighers, looks like another good week for losses, STS's and minor gains...and let's face it anything less than a 4lb gain can be counted as a consolidation week. Big congratulatory hugs for everyone :hug99:
As for me, you can see from my Signature that I got my 2 lb loss this week and my Club 10 sticky. Which means another target for me, so decided to treat myself to a new ticker that reminds me that spring is coming and it will soon be the end to the snow :33:.

Thanks guys! I'm only going to fill half my suitcase on the way there so Bloomingdales had better watch out :)

To Mrs Syn, remember not to blow your budget at Bloomingdales because the way this program works, they'll be too big in no time and you'll be giving them to the charity shop :D

Looks like some good results again this week including a splendidly mahoosive loss from our very own gail undeuxdeuxhuitdeux! Yayyy!

I've been doing some more thinking. That is never a good thing - only headaches and trouble come from me thinking. However, this time my thinking should result in a bum ache rather than a headache as what I really need is a good kick up the backside. Yes life is difficult at the moment, I am in a really bad place financially, emotionally I have the stuff with m-i-l to contend with and some relationship issues which I won't go into and to cap it all I'm feeling very isolated away from my family in UK. However, and it is a LARGE BOLD HOWEVER, if I don't get to grip with my weight issues then I'm going to feel even worse, it undermines my feelings of self-worth and self confidence.

I did really well with SW when I first started back on it in September 2009 and lost 27 lbs by about march 2010 and had only about 15 or 16 lbs to go, then my weight loss stalled and no matter what I did, I couldn't lose weight and so I lost my mojo my weight went up and down the same pound or two for months, there was no good reason for this in terms of outside influences, I'm not really sure what was going on to be honest. Anyway, when I restarted "properly" again, I still struggled to get my head in gear and I think I was feeling still disappointed in myself that I had put on at that stage about 6 lbs or so from my lowest point at 163 lbs, well since my restart other than losing a few pounds, I have now put them back on plus a few extras. Even last week, I didn't really want to admit how much to myself.

Its nearly a year since I got to my lowest weight point and I have put on 10 lbs since then. The conclusion of my pondering is that I need to draw a line and restart forget about my success from a year or more ago and act as if I am a new starter, starting my journey this time at 172 lbs. A better place than I started last time, but that was last time and this is a new beginning.

I'm not kidding myself that it will be easy just because I'm changing my tickers and stats, I still have the same issues as I had yesterday BUT I am determined to face them differently and stop wallowing in self-pity or even if that is maybe a bit harsh on myself, at least stop making excuses.

New start - 172lbs. I am going to get to goal at 147lbs. There it is. Hallelujah! :p :D

Apologies to all for such a long and boring post but I needed to get this out of my system.

Oh and I'm a new starter, can I join the Sunday weighers? please? ;) :p :D

Last edited:
Welcome back Ozzie.

Always a teeny space for you as the 'founder member'. I know it won't be easy as none of your issues have gone away but well done you for being brave enough to do that. Why don't you try posting every day this week to let us know how you've got on. Just take one day at a time. So for now, just tomorrow on plan will do for me.

Big big hugs.

Gail x

I didnt like changing my stats and ticker just now - I've lost 0% - wahhhhhh! Glad I've done it though!

oh and gail I've changed my post because I realised that it was you who had the big loss! silly me! Thanks for your support though, you are kind! I think you are right and that I should do a daily post to report in on how things are going - good or bad .... just being open and honest and no trying to kid myself.

Ozzieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Great to see you back on here!!! Sorry to hear about all the other issues that really haven't been helping your attempt to lose weight :(

Anyway, welcome to Minimins! ;) Good luck with your weight loss journey and look forward to seeing you on here often!

Take care, lots of love, Trace xxx

:welcome:

Welcome new Moz. Love the goat :D

I think I should be on daily posting probation this week too. I have had 3 days off plan and my face is now all scabby :eek:

It is half term for 3 days this week. Dangerous time being off work so I have a cunning plan. I am treating myself today to a little rice cooker that is reduced in Argos. If I have rice keeping warm in the rice cooker and a curry keeping warm in the slow cooker, I will have no reason to eat crap while I am off. Hot, syn free food on tap. Sorted.

Virtual Valentines to you all cos you're all gorgeous! :love:

I just wanted to stop by and say well done to everyone for yesterday. Sorry I’ve been a bit absent recently and also for being a bit of a miserable b****!
I too have been having a rough time like you Ozzie Moz and I think your post was brilliant! It’s really helped me with a bit of a kick up the backside too so thank you very much!
I’m also going to reset my tickers and start again. I’m so fed up of feeling like a failure because of how long its taken me to get practically no where and saying “I’ll start fresh” over and over again but still seeing those there is just a constant reminder to me that I actually have failed myself.
I know that its all my own fault as well which I think makes it worse. I don’t have anyone else to point the finger at and blame, I can’t say “they made me” or “It wasn’t me” I am solely responsible for myself AND my body now. I moved out when I was 17 thinking that everything was going to change and now I could eat and cook what I wanted, that I’d lose weight in no time, it’d be easy! But I honestly think my head has just about popped out of the sand and I’m finally starting to realize ok I can lose weight... but maybe if I stopped being so lazy and actually did something about it then it might actually start to happen. Nothing is easy, my whole life has been one long struggle to be frank, but if I want to do something about it then I need to actually DO SOMETHING! No more sneaky little cheats, no more pretending I did cut the fat off the bacon when in actual fact I didn’t, no more guessing syns, no more “nevermind” and absolutely positively without a doubt no more take aways (except if its properly synned!)!!!

So my tickers are going to be set to 0 in a second and valentines day is my new start date.
I’m going to check in every day too and if I’ve cheated I’m going to admit to it and I want a good telling off please!

I need a good kick up the bum as well, I've been off plan for about 3 weeks. My excuses are 3 birthday weekends in a row, but that doesn't explain the weekdays...
The frustrating thing is I KNOW this plan works for me! I just can't seem to stick to it. Lunchtimes are the worst, I'm sick to the back teeth of low syn packet pastas and noodles, but I can't think of any alternatives (and I've read through all the lunch threads, and oh yeah, I HATE quiche!)

On the plus side I've stuck to my exercise. Me and mum have been doing a fitness class on Wednesdays, and I've got my exercise bike and Your Shape at home. Helps me feel a bit less guilty!

I've got a wedding in may to go to, and lots of birthdays to attend this year (mostly people's 21st, so big occasions!) so I'd like to feel better about myself.

Gah! Someone tie me on the wagon please.

Ozziemoz and elb4160 Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey :D I'm proud of you both for turning back your tickers and starting again :)

Pink toaster well done for sticking to your exercise and for lunch (i usually have green days) so i have things like: Chickpea Dahl, Couscous, Jacket potato, Onken Fat Free Yogurt with strawberries or grapes or some sort of fruit - umm can't think of anything else at the mo :)

Well thankyou everyone for making new me so welcome :D I suppose I should have given Reggie a new look .... Smartieeeeeeeee - Reggie needs a makeover - it's summer here so he probably needs a nice big sunhat .... or sunnies - or thongs (of the flip-flop variety, I don't wish to imagine Reggie in a thong of the other variety :eek: :p ).

Well, I was quite a good girl yesterday on my day 1. Actually, I didnt really eat properly but I did eat within plan. I ended up with weetbix with skimmed milk for brekkie and dinner. I had cooked dinner for OH and my daughter and it wasnt SW friendly and so I just couldnt be bothered to cook again for myself. For lunch I had a lovely egg-fried rice thingy - so it was a Green day! My syns were some golden syrup in my weetbix and a bit of sweet chilli sauce with my egg-fried rice thingy. Today, I'm going to have another green day, but this time eat a proper dinner. I drank heaps of water yesterday too, trying to replace some of my frequent cups of tea with water.

Off to the hospital this morning with m-i-l and my OH, I think we may be going to get the results of the scans and biopsies from last week. I have no idea which way this is going to go, I just hope its good news for everyones sake, particularly of course my m-i-l herself. I'm worried too about OH as he doesn't take bad news at all well and it could lead to trouble, but what will be will be and Ill face up to it as and when - til then I'm keeping my fingers crossed and thoughts positive!

Emma - good luck with your new start. Sometimes it feels good to have a fresh start, a clean page and no looking back - no regrets. You can do this and so can I - onwards and downwards we go!

Hi Ozzie! Hope things go well with your m-i-l in particular, and with you and DH as well.

Sending love and hugs your way. Lots of love, Trace xxxxxxxxxx

Hiya new Emma! :wavey:

Your language has shocked me - "failure", "fault", "blame" etc. You are not a failure because you are still here and have never given up. That is something of which you should be very proud. A failure would have slinked off, stopped posting and stopped caring. Sounds like your head is in the right place now and you are moving into a new weightloss chapter. Way to go Emma! :party0011:

Pink Toaster - I guess your lunch would depend on where you are and what facilities you have. Some people on here swear by food flasks. You can have anything you fancy then if you are out and about. I ususally have a late lunch at home and have crispbreads with cottage cheese, soup, cheese beanos. Boring stuff lol so I am not much help.

Moz - you do realise that Reggie will be in a lacey thong within 24 hours, don't you? Or a rubber gimp suit. She can't help herself that Smartie! :eek:

Well done on getting back on plan. Best wishes for your MIL. It certainly sounds like they are being very thorough and doing everything possible for her.

I actually have it better than most, I go to my Dad's house for lunch and soon I'll be able to go to my Mum's too, so I have a whole kitchen to work with.

Back