Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hello everyone!
how are you all? that's me back from the big bad capital city! Had a lovely time, too much wine and pasta coming out my ears but on the upside, hopped on the scales this morning and have stayed the same weight! So no gain for me.. i knew i had been good but didnt think i had been that good! Must have been the boris bikes lol

Not expecting any loss this week but hey ho fingers crossed.. seems i don't know my body as well as i thought i did!

xx

Papa Smurf is 3 apples high and weighs 1.5 pounds. He is 542 years old and his favorite color is red. He likes Magical chemistry.

:8855:

Lucy:D: Sounds like you had a really good time and Well Done on STS :D

Hahaha Thanks sausage that brillaint - i didn't know that :p

Oooohh i love the new Avatar for Moz Smartie its brilliant :D

Oh you lot do give me a good giggle!! poor old Reggie in a rubber suit, I nearly cried at the reggie/smartie love child. Thank you so much Smartie for all your efforts - you are pure genius and have a twisted talent :p :D

I was thinking about smartie and sum yesterday as we were in the australia Toys R Us and they had a whole load of smurfs by the checkout - young OzMoz was very puzzled when I giggled at them :)

On to plan, I was good on Monday and Tuesday, totally on plan - yesterday went a bit wrong. My OH had the day off and asked me if I wanted a pie - Australians make lovely meat pies and it's a big snack thing here - anyway, I declined as I'm trying to be good as gold, so bless him, he wasn't paying attention to my reasoning and so bought me a cream vanilla custard slice instead which incidentally was sweet and somewhat revolting. I had to eat some of it as he was being nice but had to ditch most of it because I just couldn't stomach it :rotflmao: Then in the evening, I was in a hurry doing dinner and just got one of those jars of Chicken Tonight and did that for all of us with chicken, veggies and mash. I have no idea how bad that is as I don't usually use sauce jars, but I assume it probably wasn't one of my better days! Back on track today though, another green day as I like them best. Weetbix for brekkie, jacket potato and beans for lunch, probably pasta and veggie sauce tonight, I can get away with that tonight as OH plays indoor cricket so will do his own dinner and young OzMoz is happy having meatfree days.

Now on to the less chirpy news, meeting at the hospital with m-i-l didn't go well at all. The consultant essentially said that there really is no more that they can do in relation to the tumour itself, that the cancer has spread so now it's just down to symptom management and pain management. Even though, my OH and I had suspected this was coming, it was still like being hit by a steam roller. My m-i-l is as brave as they come and has really taken it on the chin - she is not going to give up and is still planning on fighting. She is going out of town again next week for an operation to bypass the stomach to stop her being sick, they won't be removing the tumour though as that is just too big an operation for her to cope with plus it's spreading anyway.

I've been through this scenario before with my own mum a few years ago so I know how to cope and as far as I am concerned any dealings with mum are the same as before just deal with life as it comes and enjoy our time together. My poor f-i-l is devastated though, but m-i-l will get him sorted out and whilst she looks after him, she doesn't worry so much about herself, so it has it's uses.

Anyway, I'm not going to go on and on, but concentrate on life and living it to the full. I just thought that I would let you know how things stand. I really appreciate all the kind words and thoughts that you have expressed, it's great to have your support and even though we only know each other over t'internet, I'm glad you are in my life.

Hurrah and huzzah! Time for me to go and create pomme de terre avec haricot blanc a la sauce tomate et salade minime or something like that :p

Moz :hug99: I'm really sorry to hear that, I wish i knew what to say. All i can say is that your MIL is really brave and so are you. And you always have our support.

Moz :( , like everyone else I was hoping for a better outcome for your MIL. She sounds like a very stoical and strong woman, I suppose there is a sort of calm acceptance (dont know if thats the right phrase) to what the future holds for her :( But like you say, its now time to enjoy your remaining time together and forge some lovely memories. Hugs to your family :hug99:

Oh you lot do give me a good giggle!! poor old Reggie in a rubber suit, I nearly cried at the reggie/smartie love child. Thank you so much Smartie for all your efforts - you are pure genius and have a twisted talent :p :D

I was thinking about smartie and sum yesterday as we were in the australia Toys R Us and they had a whole load of smurfs by the checkout - young OzMoz was very puzzled when I giggled at them :)

Hi Ozzie,

I have PM'd you as well. I totally agree with you about Smartie - I think 'genius' and 'twisted' are very good words to describe. I love the way that Smartie and Sum have 'wormed their way in' to the Sunday weighers group and we are now all smurf obsessed.....................................:p

Big hugs to you Ozzie. Thinking of you.

Gail x

Lol Moz and Gail its not your fault as Smartie manages to make anyone Smurf obsessed (She once told my lecturer she calls me smurf. So he was kind enough to edit a picture of smurfette to stick my face on smurfettes body lol)

And its mine and Smarties cunning plan to take over the world one day the Sunday thread is just the start :p

Just checking in - Having a bad week this week. Have been excellent food wise but have been feeling a little down and stressed in work. I work shifts so I think its has something to do with having two lively (although lovely) children and lack of sleep. Food wise I have been very good but I have had a few too many bottles of wine - its the only way I can chill when I am like this. It has also been my boys' 8th birthday. I really want a loss but expecting it this week

I really hope you are all having a better week on the diet than me. I'll check in again on Sunday XXXX

Hi Suzie,

Sorry to hear that your week has been a bit stressful. Well done on being good with food. Still time to work on the wine thing. Don't think 'blow it' tonight and just drink though. Start working on it from now.

I've been good this week but am away for the weekend. So I'll be watching on Sunday but will post mine on Monday. Not desperately hopeful for a loss this week even though I've been 100% on plan (particularly after my big loss last week) because this weekend I have little choice about what I eat and lovely puddings and home made cake - eek. I will do my best on the food but I've already decided that I'm having pudding so I will enjoy it (in small portions) and accept whatever comes on Monday. Life is there for living and I have been good all week. So good luck everyone and see you Monday.

Gail x

Moz - sorry it is not better news. Sounds like you are being strong for everyone. Take care of yourself x

Reggie - bloody gawjus!

Foodwise, I have been awful this week. Due to decorating, I have had nowhere to eat and no energy or inclination to cook. There is a furniture mountain in the middle of the livingroom and the kitchen looks like a bomb has hit it. Oh well, painting is over now and I may burn a load of calories today humphing sofas etc. Not expecting much tomorrow :(

Good luck everyone!

Well it's Sunday morning here bright and early and looking like being a stinking hot day!

Just did my weigh-in and I am recording a 3lb loss - woop woop! Actually it was half a pound more than that, but I'm holding that back in reserve as I'm a little bit suspicious of this loss. I've been a bit sick (as in up and overboard ewwwww) the last couple of days, stress no doubt but not m-i-l related but that's a whole Pandora's box that we don't want opened :rotflmao: .... or at the very least a can of worms (syn free on a red day :p ).

Even if I am suspicious of the loss, I'm going to take it and work hard to at the very least maintain it next week and hopefully lose a wee bit more!

I'm just hoping for a peaceful day today - no dramas, just peace. But we can't always have what we want as I keep telling young OzMoz :p

Keeping my fingers crossed for all the Sunday weighers that we see some good results this week :fingerscrossed: I'll look in before I go to bed tonight to see how everyone has done!

Well weigh in has come around & I got on the scales apprehensively as I knew I hadnt done very well! I have stayed the same, which is better than putting weight on!
I really need to keep a track of my syns better!

Well done Ozzie! Thats fab! I wish it was sunny here, all we have is drizzley rain!:(

morning all

some great results last week, i'm sure it'll be the same this week!

my body has gone back into slow mode. but that's fine. i know that's how it works and i did have a good run of it there for a while. 1lb off for me this week so happy enough.

good luck everyone

Back