Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Well done Lucy and Gail on your losses.

Also thanks to Sum, Gail and Smartie for your supportive posts and for welcoming me back with open arms! lol Smartie you have full authority to put me on the naughty step if I stop posting again!

Nice to see you Moz - I know things are difficult but you are still posting and still keeping an eye on things which is great - fingers crossed things pick up for.

Sparky please keep posting and updating us - you are such a strong person and have done so well! You have been an inspiration to me since I started last year. As you will have seen we all have our ups and downs and during the downs it feels like we can't get back up but you can! Sorry to reiterate earlier posts but try to concentrate on your reasons for starting this journey in the first place.

Sum - I do generally swear at Jillian during the DVD and thankfully she can't hear me - the first couple of days were really hard but now nearly a week in seem to be getting somewhere! Still at level 1 but pushing hard (and hopefully shredding some pounds in the process) so that is all that matters. I daren't look at Level 2 yet.

Gail well done on your loss - I am with you on nearing the 12s! which I was on the edge of about 4 weeks ago before my crazy couple of weeks. I think that 13st is a bit of a wall for me but am definitely ready to break through to the 12s this time!!

Hope you are all having a good Monday morning - the sun is shining here for once x x

Oooh can't believe i forgot you Gail - Well Done on your 2.5lbs loss. Congrats on getting into the 12's :bunnydance: And you'll get your BMI under 30 in so time as your so close :D

Moz it great to hear from you and do keep making time and posting :p Good Luck to you

Sarah: I'm the the same I haven't looked at level 2 yet either - I'm only on day 5 of level 1 and am getting better but I don't know if i'm the only person who can't but that bicycle Abs exercise kills me - I can only do about 30 seconds out of the 1 minute she wants us to do it lol Oh well I will get use to it - Good Luck with shredding your pounds :D

And we have sun today too! Yays! :D

Well done Lucy on your loss and welcome to the booze-free wagon. It's not so bad.

Another fab loss Gail. I am always excited to read your progress as you are so focussed.

Smartie - "bouffant"? LMAO!!! Sorry you have been feeling low. Please don't be too hard on yourself. You are trying to change the habits of a lifetime so it may take time. Just carry on doing your best as that is the best you can do while you adapt :) x

I take my hat off to those doing the Shred DVD :eek: Not tried it, but I get knackered just reading about it lol

I am feeling a bit crap today. Too much stress and bad adrenaline at the weekend has caught up with me and I feel shocking. I need nutritious food and LOTS of it!!! And water and sleep and peace :)

I think I'm in the right place now!!

Just found this thread - I feel really at home now!!! Lost 2lb yesterday - so that's 7lb in 2 weeks so all seems to be going well:D. Just done 3 nights and I've managed to get through it just eating free foods - bearing in mind my normal food on night duty is biscuits, toast and chocolates I feel quite proud of myself!!!! here's to week 3!!!

Hi guys, I'm on my phone so I'll keep this brief. I had a 0.5 gain this week, which was deserved after having several business meals out last week. I also haven't been making my soup for the last 2 weeks either, so I made a huge pan yesterday and I'm back on track today.
Hopefully will get a chance to catch up on the thread later. Good luck for this week everyone.

:cry:

My first weigh in since re-joining group... And I GAINED 1.5lbs! I know I had my meal out on Saturday, but I was good the rest of the week AND I was exercising :(

Really gutted about this, didn't stay to image therapy. Didn't think I could explain what happened without bursting into tears. Came home and had a little cry :cry:

I feel embarrassed as well, because the weigh in girls don't know I've done SW before, so to them it looks like I failed my first week.

I now have a big headache and feel like stuffing my face with comfort chocolate. :(

It's my second weigh in at class, I've just finished my first week back on plan.

Sorry, I changed my post when I realised. Unless you have been filling your boots with synful food, I can't see how it can by 1.5 lbs of fat. My money is on water.

You know yourself that you have been doing the right things. Try to think ahead to the next week and put it behind you. Trust the plan and don't do anything you will regret x

Also, Sunday weighers are lucky in that we can weigh in the morning and have a lot of control what we wear (or not lol).

Weighing at class, you have to juggle clothes, food and drink intake throughout the day, toilet time etc. There are bound to be variations when going to club that we don't have to factor in as home weighers.

I legged it home to use the toilet before I went, and I ate normally today. I wore similar clothes... I did have my phone in my pocket, but that doesn't even weigh a pound (I know cause I weighed it!)

Just don't understand :( Very disappointed.

silly sausage said:
Also, Sunday weighers are lucky in that we can weigh in the morning and have a lot of control what we wear (or not lol).

Weighing at class, you have to juggle clothes, food and drink intake throughout the day, toilet time etc. There are bound to be variations when going to club that we don't have to factor in as home weighers.

You are so right Silly Sausage. I weigh myself first thing after a rather large wee and without my clothes on (oo-er missus)
So it is better for me than when I used to go to class in an evening with diff clothes on.

Pink toastie - I really feel for you and your post made me wanna give you a big hug. Don't head for the chocolate - my money is on a water gain and not a fat gain - carry on being good and I bet this Sunday gives you a lovely weight loss

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sometimes these gains happen for no reason, just try and stay on plan and it will come right. If weigh in was close after your meal out it could just be that additional food in your system, or perhaps the meal was high in salt which can lead to water retention.

I feel like a different person today - I blame my hormones being TOTM! Yesterday I was on the verge of tears half the time, and ate I don't know how many chocolate bars and other rubbish. And yet today I feel back to my SW self - no temptation, totally on plan, 6.5 syns used so far and a Hex still to use. If I can get one day under my belt I usually feel back on track.

Tomorrow I am planning on trying a Zumba class which I have just found at the local school!

Toastie: *Hugs* :hug99:You really didn't deserve that gain at all - Just stick to it and the weight will definatly come off next week. And as other's have said there can be many reasons behind the gain that aren't in your control. Good luck for next week X

Spaky: Yays for getting back on track and do tell us how Zumba turns out as i've heard lots of good things about the classes. And well may find one near me :D

Yaay! Sparky has her mojo back! :bunnydance:

I'm wondering if there aren't enough mojos to go round as we don't all seem to ever simultaneously have our mojos. I think we should campaign for adequate mojos, or even an abundance of mojos. It might help.

Well I failed at my first attempt at my "thing". Force of habit compelled me to get on the scales this morning. Dammit, old habits die hard. I'd put them away but my OH uses them too, he is trying to put on weight .... skinny malinkey that he is.

I was good as gold yesterday and have my plan all sorted for today so fingers crossed things go well. I've also got a number of jobs to apply for so more finger crossing required, all of them are well within my capabilities and experience, it's not as if I'm applying above and beyond myself! Que sera sera! <--- Oooh looky I'm going all Doris Day! :eek: :D

Kwise: well done on losing a pound, that’s fabulous!

Emma: great that you’ve lost 2 lbs. Horrible about the job, but that’s going to give you a chance to find something that you’re really happy doing. And well done for not taking comfort in food, which is definitely my downfall!

Why_D: yay! Congrats on reaching 5 stones lost, that’s amazing and my next big goal. Can’t wait!

JackJane: well done on another pound, you are such a consistent loser! Enjoy London next weekend…J

Leanne: sounds like it’s going great, good luck with the fishy week!

Sarah Johnstone: Well done you on losing 1.5 lbs, that’s a great re-entry into Sunday weighers!!!

Kgallacher: 2lbs off is fabulous, that’s really good!

Sparky: awwwww, I put on 3 lbs last week so I know how you feel. It’s going through bumps in the road like this that means we will achieve lifetime weight loss. Anyone can deal with success, it’s how we deal with setbacks that shows our determination. I know that we can do this, yay us!!!

Stuckinarut: Well done on that 2.5 lbs off, that’s amazing.

The Missus: Oh my god, you are doing so fabulously well! You’re really on a roll, congratulations on today’s loss and all your losses so far

Lucy: that’s great, 2 lbs this week – you must be feeling really proud of yourself!

Gail: woo hoo, another big loss this week – you’re on fire! You’re so inspirational, I love how well you’re doing!!!

OzzieMoz: welcome back! It’s always good to just say this is where you are and get going again. Am intrigued by your cheap but boring food plan – sounds great to me!!

JM in Ontario: ach, a small gain is nothing, I know you’re going to lose that in no time! J

Pink Toaster: I weigh a lot more in the evening than I do in the morning, try not to worry about it too much. But I know how you feel – next week’s loss is going to be so sweet!

Back