Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Ooooh Smartie. A girl after my own heart. Her sister looked absolutely amazing and would have looked even better (just as you will :D) in purple :D

Gail x

She's wearing white Roziee, my face was a bit :/ when she told me. It's because two of the bridesmaids are well, rather big. Her theory is that black is slimming, thats the colour shes going for

blue*smartie said:
She's wearing white Roziee, my face was a bit :/ when she told me. It's because two of the bridesmaids are well, rather big. Her theory is that black is slimming, thats the colour shes going for

That made me LOL literally..black is slimming i suppose.

But it is her wedding so each to their own :) black dresses are pretty..

There are ways of managing your larger bridesmaids (by the design of the dress more importantly) but black wouldn't be my choice of doing that :(. Nice of her to think of them like that though.

Gail x

I know, but she is on a budget and to get 5 bridemaids dresses 'off the peg' from sizes 10 to 30+ is proving to be a bit of a challenge.

I'm sure she will sort something out :D

Yes, that will be a challenge ! What size are you likely to be by then smartie ?

Gail x

I WILL be a size 10/12 :D

This is how I am going to try and maintain my loss. I will hopefully be at target by about the end of this year - so I will have 6 months of maintaining to get through before the wedding. I am quite goal orientated, so hopefully this will help :)

Great (but realistic) goals - have you ever been anywhere near a 10 or 12 ? I had hoped that I would be at goal by the end of the year (although it probably doesn't help that I haven't actually decided what my goal is yet !) but I'm not sure that I will be now. I don't really care because I am so happy with how things are going and I think the battle to maintain will probably be harder than this one, that it doesn't matter how long things take.

You are a great inspiration smartie :)

Gail x

:eek: Awww thanks

Before I had my son I was 9 stone :eek: looking back I was incredibly slim, you could see my ribs

I dont think I can physically get that slim again, and I dont think I want to either. I will be happy at the 10 stone mark :D

Oh and as for your target, maybe have the century club sticker as your goal like me :D That would take you to 10 and half stone and you could reassess from there

I think getting to 10.5 stone is probably the minimum I would like to lose but I'll see when/if I get there. Actually I don't really care if I never lost any more from now, but as the only way of maintaining is to stick to the plan, I might as well continue with the plan and see where it gets me. If I stabilise at some point then I'll stop and maintain, but if I stabilise before I get to a goal, then I still have to stick to the plan to maintain. So, you're with me for life I think :D (if I ever make any sense...............................;))

Gail x

So, you're with me for life I think :D (if I ever make any sense...............................;))
None of us ever make any sense, so you're in good company!!

gl12282 said:
Great (but realistic) goals - have you ever been anywhere near a 10 or 12 ? I had hoped that I would be at goal by the end of the year (although it probably doesn't help that I haven't actually decided what my goal is yet !) but I'm not sure that I will be now. I don't really care because I am so happy with how things are going and I think the battle to maintain will probably be harder than this one, that it doesn't matter how long things take.

You are a great inspiration smartie :)

Gail x

.......and it's possible. I started at a rather large maternity size 18 I think. Then went down slowly and stuck at a 16 for some time. Now I am a mix of 14 (bottoms) and 12-14 top. My aim is to be my wedding day size of 9.5 stone . I reached this after my son but so far after my daughter , I haven't got there- and she starts school this September- lol.

I would like to be at my wedding size and stay there so that when we eventually renew our vowels I can look and feel great ;)

With all the Sunday support - which is better than any class I have been to - we can get there together Gail ;)
Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think it will look daft hahahaha, I cant say I have ever seen five bridesmaids dressed in black before, but its her wedding I spose

I might try for a navy blue ........ thats nearly black :p

What about a dark aubergine or plum? I'd suggest to her looking at what colours are "in" over winter and see what comes up in the Christmas party dress ranges as they can be quite bridesmaidy, so you might get a few dresses in different sizes but all in the "in" colour. The other way that might overcome the difficulty of getting a range of dresses all the same shade in such a wide variety of sizes, is to have the bridesmaids in a couple of different contrasting but complimentary shades. I really think she has more options than black, but as you say it's her wedding, and you need to tread carefully so as not to offend her vision of her wedding.

...... <snip>.....so that when we eventually renew our vowels I can look and feel great ;)

I'm as bad as anyone for typos, so I don't usually comment, but this did make me giggle, as I have a vision of you at the front of the church with your OH solemnly repeating .... "Do you, Kwise, promise to love honour and keep your A E I O U as long as you both shall live?"

:p

All is starting to settle down here. Funeral was a lovely service. HUGE numbers of people attended, absolutely loads of them, it was a real testament to the lovely, funny, feisty lady that she was! LittleOzMoz went up to do her speech, but broke down when she started "My Nanna...." so I went up and finished it for her with her next to me, so all was good and everyone proud of her, including me, as I thought it took real bottle for her to go up there in front of so many, on such an emotional occasion.

Foody-wise, I've been as good as gold the last 4 days or so, since whenever I said I was going to be good ;) apart from a piece of mud-cake and custard, which OH nipped out and bought and presented me with because he loved his dinner so much! I couldn't say no.... well I could have, but I didnt want to :rotflmao:

I'll be back to weighing in weekly on Sunday and see what damage has been done by my erratic eating over the last few weeks, I'm hoping that these last few days will undo some of the damage as I know there was some, but I have no idea how much!

Anyway, I better go have my brekkies as currently my stomach thinks my throat has been cut, it's screaming blue murder!!

OzzieMoz said:
I'm as bad as anyone for typos, so I don't usually comment, but this did make me giggle, as I have a vision of you at the front of the church with your OH solemnly repeating .... "Do you, Kwise, promise to love honour and keep your A E I O U as long as you both shall live?"

:p

Damn those typos ;)

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Ozzie,

Good to see you here. So pleased to hear the funeral was good. Must still have been very hard and sad for you though.

It sounds like you have done brilliantly considering everything else (I can promise you I would definitely have eaten the mud cake and custard - I am a sucker for a good pudding !). I know it's frustrating but you can only do what you can do at times like this. If you hadn't been doing what you've done, you would almost certainly have put on (more). So well done for what you've managed and hope you have a better week.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Hey Moz i'm glad the funeral went well and littleOzMoz is such a star for getting up and trying to say something ((big hugs to you both)) I hope your OH is better now.

Good to hear that you back on track and noone can resist mud-cake and custard so don't worry. Like Gail said if you put on this sunday then i would not worry about it too much as you've had loads to deal with and knowing you you can get it back off :)

Haha your comment on K's post made me laugh so much - Ahh brillaint. lol K it was probably the iPhone being smart and correcting the spelling for you even though it didn't need too lol

:eek: Sausage i just got my hula hoop in the post today and wow is it massive. I see what you meant - Will try it out later on and tell you how i get on lol

:birthday: Happy birthday to you PinkToastie - Hope you have a great one and enjoy :)

My sneaky peek says that I have been a silly sausage for filling my boots at the party yesterday..ooops. Will be good as gold today.

Oooh I wore black at my wedding. I was an Autumn bride and wore a long burgundy dress with a long black velvet coat. I agree with Moz that plum could be the way to go. I thought Posh Spice looked great yesterday, but that "midnight blue" was a tad dark. Dark colours with a bit of red in them are much warmer.

Back