Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Monday Shmonday - it was a holiday and is now ancient history. Forget it. Honeybun, you haven't fallen into old ways, you have had a little glitch, which is human, but tiny. Please don't be so hard on yourself. You can almost smell "Club 25". Go for it!

Thanks Gail!!! It's surprising how panicked I felt, and I do feel a little bit down this week. It's been a struggle to be honest to get back on track, although i'm doing it. I have a feeling that sugar is intensely addictive, because that's what I crave now, whereas I never used to have a sweet tooth at all. Weird!

But I am going to just stick to Slimming World and see how it goes - I've been high on syns all week, going up to 15 every day despite Monday, because I feel hungry, so I think overeating on sweet things has had a bit of an effect on my body. Will keep at it though!!

Thanks for the encouragement, you're lovely.

Honey that's what your syns are for so don't feel bas if you're eating 15 syns.. If you eat syn free meals you can easily go have a chocolate bar or my favourite.. 2 scoops of Walls light icecream, (3 syns) topped with strawberries and a meringue nest (2.5 syns) its delicious for only 5 syns! Totally satisfies my sweet tooth xx

Roziee! My new scales are here...NICE! Very classy.

Well I had to jump on them BUT just to compare the weight between my old and new scale and dah! Dah! DAH!!! The IS a 6 lb difference between them so the old scales are buggered and the new scales correspond with the Boots measurement (damn them!). OH tried them as well to double check and there was a 6lb difference.

And of course what that means is that I was 6lbs heavier when I started....sodding hell BUT I'm not too worried about that I've still lost 12lbs in total plus now if I have a really small increment loss I'll be able to see it.

I'll wait until weigh in on Sunday though before I start buggering about with my stats.

Potatogirl said:
Roziee! My new scales are here...NICE! Very classy.

Well I had to jump on them BUT just to compare the weight between my old and new scale and dah! Dah! DAH!!! The IS a 6 lb difference between them so the old scales are buggered and the new scales correspond with the Boots measurement (damn them!). OH tried them as well to double check and there was a 6lb difference.

And of course what that means is that I was 6lbs heavier when I started....sodding hell BUT I'm not too worried about that I've still lost 12lbs in total plus now if I have a really small increment loss I'll be able to see it.

I'll wait until weigh in on Sunday though before I start buggering about with my stats.

Oh you bought them? Fantastic!

Aww that's a shame about the weight difference but at least you know now.. And the weight will come off for sure, promise

Totally - I'd much rather they were accurate. Lovely scales though. I was quite surprised they were tempered glass - plus they were dead accurate. Thanks again.:D

Potatogirl said:
Totally - I'd much rather they were accurate. Lovely scales though. I was quite surprised they were tempered glass - plus they were dead accurate. Thanks again.:D

No problem. Glad you like them. They are very accurate... :) x

Oh bums! There is a birthday cake at work tomorrow and then a family birthday tea in the evening. I usually dodge work cake, but this is for a woman I like so...

Oh well. I think I overdid it last Sunday celebrating my new sticky :rolleyes: lol so was aiming for a STS, but will probably have a cake gain this week. Good job this isn't a race!! :D

Hope you are all having better luck!:party0019:

hi everyone,

hope you're all ok? had a bit of a pants week (fortunately stuck to plan though) but have felt the need to avoid all outlets of communication as a result....

anyway...half of my pants week is due to being informed I'm now off for potentially a 4 week hotel stay (although back at weekends). Some of you know, the reason I gained weight in the first place was through constant working away and a few too many restaurant dinners. I am in the frame of mind where I CAN behave (and avoid the absolutely DELIGHTFUL banoffee pie in one of the hotels...*sob*) but, I'm so worried about the things I can't control, like the copious amounts of olive oil chef's are so fond of cooking everything in...

I follow EE as pretty much standard.

Lunch will be fine. I can control that with jackets or soup from the work canteen. Even breakfast will be fine (I'm not a tea/coffee drinker so using my HEXA and B for cereal and semi skimmed milk won't bother me in the slightest).

Dinners are a different kettle of course. I will be having a look at the menus of said hotels in advance so I can at least think ahead a bit, and I think I will be eating an awful lot of "undressed" salad with chicken.

Add to all of this, I'm not in a hotel with a gym so I can't even attempt to compensate for all the Zumba/Salsa I'll be missing out on...

Anyway, just curious to know what's everyone's thoughts on how I can exercise a bit of damage limitation other than through going syn free at the weekend. Have thought about having my evening meal on Friday, and all of Saturday and Sunday as green days as rumour has it, these make you lose the most weight....

Help!!!!!

Jx

Hey Joanna

Not sure what to suggest except make the best of the menu and plan well so you don't accidentally scoff the banoffee. Would a fishy week be do-able in the hotel? People say they are good for weight loss. Or maybe your weekends could be success express days to compensate. Loads of water and fruit obviously.

No gym? Maybe take trainers and run/walk a bit in the evenings. Or put your ipod on and dance like a loony for half an hour in your room (that's what I do and it really builds up a sweat!)

You can consider it a bummer or a challenge. Go for the challenge! :D

Ooh, I feel for you, Joanna - when I have to go away for work is when I struggle the hardest, to be honest. It's so so difficult, because what should be healthy often isn't (like eggs, bacon etc - cooked in fat).

I agree the best thing to do is to keep calm, plan ahead, and fish is a pretty safe bet. Maybe pretend an allergy or something to get food cooked the way that you want?

Awesome ideas guys :) thank you :) mum has ordered me Zumba DVDs but don't know if they'll turn up in time. Defo up for dancing like a lunatic in hotel room. I do that anyway!!!

Have put together some food plans having read the menu in advance....will stick them up in a bit for your advice!

Good idea on success express for the weekends - that hadn't occurred to me to be honest but it's a top idea!!

Thanks ladies :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

just back from a great day quaffing champagne and pimms in the sun whilst also enjoying the nuptials of two rather lovely people... also stuffed my face on some wonderful food! i deserve every pound i gain this week! hehe roll on sunday!

lol just been catching up on this thread - Sounds like you all are having enjoying the weather (and food ;)). Sounds like you had a good time Why_D :D

Good luck with business trip and dancing to Zumba in your hotel room Joanna :D

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and enjoying the weather (though today seems to be rather misreable incomparison to yesterday) Xx

What's Pakora?? Bit dense!

Sum - come over this way :-
Enjoying more lovely weather - kids in paddling pool again . And I have made a jugful if my gorgeous fruity sugarfree squash.

Why_d - you and me both - see my diary - it shows what happened yesterday!!

I've attached a pic of - well the lovely sky whilst in the garden

Kx

Attachments

• image-3208824779.jpg
    image-3208824779.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 19
Well I fell off the wagon yesterday due to me self medicating with chocolate because I had ran out of paracetomol :eek: Back on it again this morning :D

I wanna know what a pakora is too, I might even be forced to google it :p

I googled its a veggie samosa type thingie << techincal term

blue*smartie said:
Well I fell off the wagon yesterday due to me self medicating with chocolate because I had ran out of paracetomol :eek: Back on it again this morning :D

I wanna know what a pakora is too, I might even be forced to google it :p

I googled its a veggie samosa type thingie << techincal term

Like your thinking BS. Are the blue smarties really medicine too?? It's gotta be better than drugs lol

Thanks for googling - mmmmmm Pakora (said in a Homer voice)

Kx

A pakora is an onion bhaji's cousin lol

It's made from mixing slices of chopped onions, thinly sliced potatoes, spinach leaves, cumin seeds, salt, chilli flames and fresh corriander with gram flour and water.. Then it's fried. They are delicious!!!!! Well this is the recipe I use anyway.. You can use chopped aubergine too.. Which are equally delicious.

I suppose you could put them in the oven, but i don't think they would taste the same? Not sure, never tried it.. They are delicious though. I make yummy ones.

Roziee said:
A pakora is an onion bhaji's cousin lol

It's made from mixing slices of chopped onions, thinly sliced potatoes, spinach leaves, cumin seeds, salt, chilli flames and fresh corriander with gram flour and water.. Then it's fried. They are delicious!!!!! Well this is the recipe I use anyway.. You can use chopped aubergine too.. Which are equally delicious.

I suppose you could put them in the oven, but i don't think they would taste the same? Not sure, never tried it.. They are delicious though. I make yummy ones.

Sounds gorgeous Roziee, could you put the recipe here and I will try to adapt SW style.

BTW- Good luck with your appointment (my toe is better now - but will be booking in for a minor op this summer to cure it)

Kx

1-2 onions
1 large potatoe
A bunch of spinach leaves roughly chopped
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garam masaalah
A bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
gram flour

Slice the onions and potatoes finely (not too finely though) and mix all ingredients together.

Put in 3 tablespoons of gram flour (syns will need to be included for this) and mix with a little water at a time..

You need to see how much gram flour your mixture will need and add water appropriately because it will depend on the water content of your onions/potatoes

Then I would pick up a small handful and drop it into the deep fryer but not sure how they would taste if you would put them in the oven.. They should work I think. I'll ask my mum lol

Back