Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Facilities!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Welcome Tabby...this lot are nuts...and very NAUGHTY!!!!

All the best..
x

Lol at your comment Why_D - Brilliant!

Well done on your 1.5lbs loss gail and i'm sorry to hear that your struggling. Tbh i don't remember the last day i was 100% on plan so know how you feel. You plan of action sounds good so good luck with it and we're here to support you :)

:welcome: Welcome to this thread Tabbie - We all are such a supportive bunch and offically welcome you to the thread full of insanity and nuts apparently :p

So i put on 0.5lbs at WI :rolleyes: As it was expected (and i deserved it lol) i can't complain however as this is my second gain in 2 weeks i've decided i do need to buckle down and get back into SW. Therefore i am going to do some of FF this week for definate :D Xx

sausage bumlove in the kitchen is just NAUGHTY! hope you use a good anti bac spray afterwards, lol

*chokes on porridge*

Gail - good thinking about the syns. Hope it is working and that your head is back in the zone again soon :)

:8855:

Thanks sausage - doing ok I think so far. Had 25 syns yesterday which was within my plan and hoping to get down to 15 (or 20) today. How are you doing ?

Hi everyone. Am I ok to join you lot in a Sunday weigh in please, Ive been attempting to get back on the Slimming World plan after losing 2 stone and putting on another 2 an half falling off the wagon, but tbh I'm struggling this time so could do with a little support. Is there any room for a newbie in here? Thanks in advance.

Welcome Tabby. We are a lovely group (in my opinion !)

Gail x

Hey all,

Well, it's been pouring torrential rain here. Bah! Sum, good luck with FF - so long as it's not cutting off an arm for weight loss (and given the extreme secrecy I am intrigued....!!!). And Gail, you're doing so well. I struggled every hour last week, and then this week it's magically shifted back to being okay again. What I mean is, when it's hard going it feels like it's undoable, but keep at it for a little while and it clicks back into place again. I know you're going to do it, I feel I am identifying exactly with how you're feeling.

Is it me or have we lost quite a few people in the last month or two? I guess it's holidays and things, and maybe June is a tough month to lose weight. I guess the summer is hard work, with holidays and schools being off and all that, and then the autumn comes and everyone is right back into weight loss.

Anyway, just wanted to say good morning!! I'm so relieved to be finding this week okay again after last week. And I don't think I'm doing anything so differently, although am definitely going for three walks a day and drinking more water - seems to help focus me!!!

Sum said:
So i put on 0.5lbs at WI :rolleyes: As it was expected (and i deserved it lol) i can't complain however as this is my second gain in 2 weeks i've decided i do need to buckle down and get back into SW. Therefore i am going to do some of FF this week for definate :D Xx

Hi Sum,

Sorry I missed this the first time round. Oooops. 0.5lbs is nothing. I think things must be pretty difficult (SW wise) for you and Smartie at the moment. I know in the past when I've successfully lost weight (rare !) where it went most wrong was when I had major life changes (ie change of job, house move etc) so it's good that you are still here working at it. How is Smartie ?? Is she still loved up ? :)

Honey, thanks. Glad all is going well for you. Agree we have lost a few recently - amongst others Sarah, Sparky, the Missus, suzienoz, - who have I missed ?? But it's lovely that Ozzie is around at the moment :)

Hope everyone's week is going well - sausage, how are you getting on ?

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

arrrggghhh i am doin me own heeed in this week ........it all started on monday when i was shoppin and we had to have tea out which led to a syn intake of 46 i had 11 on sun, i only had 8 syns yest as i was trying to reign it in....... but today i have had 20 due to my own mistake on a slamon and garlic butter crust thingy my mistake i wont be making again. i was trying only to have 70 syns this week due to me being on hol four days next week. i just feel like i am screwed or should i aim to use no syns for the three days or perhaps just five maybe switch to red for the last three i always do green but i here red make you lose more........or should i just start again .........or just shut up lol..........
any comments welcome
best wishes

arrrggghhh i am doin me own heeed in this week ........it all started on monday when i was shoppin and we had to have tea out which led to a syn intake of 46 i had 11 on sun, i only had 8 syns yest as i was trying to reign it in....... but today i have had 20 due to my own mistake on a slamon and garlic butter crust thingy my mistake i wont be making again. i was trying only to have 70 syns this week due to me being on hol four days next week. i just feel like i am screwed or should i aim to use no syns for the three days or perhaps just five maybe switch to red for the last three i always do green but i here red make you lose more........or should i just start again .........or just shut up lol..........
any comments welcome
best wishes

Okay, the best thing to do, seriously - draw a line under it, and carry on using your syns for the day. I love the article on the SW website about this - basically, don't try and make up for the previous day, just stick to 15 syns for that day and you'll be fine.

It never ever works for me to try and bank syns or catch up on them. I just do it day by day, because if I feel like I owe them for the day before, I feel undermined and think "Oh I've already blown it, might as well blow it big time!"

So my advice would be to stick to the programme, and if you're worried about next week, try and boost your exercise. Also I know holidays are definitely a time of indulgence, but maybe try to stick to eating healthily most of the time, and have the occasional tasty treat?

You can do this!! (Imagine me with pom poms cheering you on, lol).

Great advice. I totally agree with honey. I also struggle to reign back syns so when stuff like this happens - I am much more likely to go off plan because I feel deprived so just carry on as usual. Big hugs.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Do whats best for you.

Just learn from your food mistake and carry on- this isn't something that you're doing for a few days.. it takes time to lose weight so dont beat yourself up about it..

where are you going on holiday? x

Okay, the best thing to do, seriously - draw a line under it, and carry on using your syns for the day. I love the article on the SW website about this - basically, don't try and make up for the previous day, just stick to 15 syns for that day and you'll be fine.

It never ever works for me to try and bank syns or catch up on them. I just do it day by day, because if I feel like I owe them for the day before, I feel undermined and think "Oh I've already blown it, might as well blow it big time!"

So my advice would be to stick to the programme, and if you're worried about next week, try and boost your exercise. Also I know holidays are definitely a time of indulgence, but maybe try to stick to eating healthily most of the time, and have the occasional tasty treat?

You can do this!! (Imagine me with pom poms cheering you on, lol).

awe thanks honey i just felt like i was drowning for a min there its weird cos i thought arrrrgghhhh i cant carry on or i only have three days to reign in and i need syns lol. thats great advice i need to have a nice time but if i dont feel deprived i will do better....its weird if i could stop eating when i was full i think i would be thin i get full easy but i always eat past this i shouldnt ......but i always do. right back on track for me tomorrow is a fresh start. thanks soooo much:D

Great advice. I totally agree with honey. I also struggle to reign back syns so when stuff like this happens - I am much more likely to go off plan because I feel deprived so just carry on as usual. Big hugs.

Gail x
thanks to you tooo gail its sooo true i have just ate four cadburys heros cos i thought well ya have messed it up today when really it was just a mistake got the syns wrong otherwise i was doing ok. starting from now back on plan till sun and next week aim to do me best then i am ok till i go to me sis end of july darn social engagements always centre on fooood thank goodness i dont drink lol loving the hugs thanks xoxox

Sent from my iPhone

thanks to you tooo gail its sooo true i have just ate four cadburys heros cos i thought well ya have messed it up today when really it was just a mistake got the syns wrong otherwise i was doing ok. starting from now back on plan till sun and next week aim to do me best then i am ok till i go to me sis end of july darn social engagements always centre on fooood thank goodness i dont drink lol loving the hugs thanks xoxox

thanks roziee i will do just getting used to the syns and things being seperate which it should be cos now i can see what food is nutritious and which we eat just for convieneice or cos we want to.......chocky....lol back to it as of now. just going to york for a few nights x thanks for the advice it all helps xx

Dont worry about getting things wrong.. in the first month or so i was getting loads of things wrong, but it wasn't intentional and luckily i still lost.. sw can be a little tricky until you know whats what so dont think you're alone- everyone goes through it! :) x

Hi Sum,

Sorry I missed this the first time round. Oooops. 0.5lbs is nothing. I think things must be pretty difficult (SW wise) for you and Smartie at the moment. I know in the past when I've successfully lost weight (rare !) where it went most wrong was when I had major life changes (ie change of job, house move etc) so it's good that you are still here working at it. How is Smartie ?? Is she still loved up ? :)

Honey, thanks. Glad all is going well for you. Agree we have lost a few recently - amongst others Sarah, Sparky, the Missus, suzienoz, - who have I missed ?? But it's lovely that Ozzie is around at the moment :)

Hope everyone's week is going well - sausage, how are you getting on ?

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Aww thank you Gail and yeah i have to admit that having so much of a social life with all the birthdays and events has made me and smartie struggle to do SW properly. FF is suppose to be a way to appricate the plan more as i have to admit i've kind of lost my way :rolleyes: but i shall keep at it and hopefully the weight will come off too :D

any comments welcome
best wishes

I agree with what the others had said. Just draw a line under it and move on. Oh and enjoy your holiday :D Xx

Helloooo! I am still here, but have been painting the kitchen this week. Not the best week foodwise, but not too bad either and lots of painting exercise. I have my English pal and her bf coming for dinner tomorrow. It was arranged weeks ago before my house was turned upside down lol. The dinner wont be 100% SW, but I don't get the opportunity to cook a big dinner for more than one very often (fussy kids) so I am going for it and will take the gain like a man.

My cat is giving me evils. Better go.

Hope you are having a good week one and all. It is sooo sunny here!

Helloooo! I am still here, but have been painting the kitchen this week. Not the best week foodwise, but not too bad either and lots of painting exercise. I have my English pal and her bf coming for dinner tomorrow. It was arranged weeks ago before my house was turned upside down lol. The dinner wont be 100% SW, but I don't get the opportunity to cook a big dinner for more than one very often (fussy kids) so I am going for it and will take the gain like a man.

My cat is giving me evils. Better go.

Hope you are having a good week one and all. It is sooo sunny here!

Ooh, what colour are you painting the kitchen? My money says pale cream. Lots of good exercise in decorating, you'll be burning off all those calories right now. Enjoy the sunshine, it's freezing and has been torrential rain all week...

Honey39 said:
Ooh, what colour are you painting the kitchen? My money says pale cream. Lots of good exercise in decorating, you'll be burning off all those calories right now. Enjoy the sunshine, it's freezing and has been torrential rain all week...

Same here honey , first day I have put washing out in yonks - forecast says boiling hot Sunday

I have been decorating too SS - but ceilings here - hoping to finish tomorrow leaving me just the porch to paint. Getting paint and border this weekend in readiness to decorate my ickle girls bedroom as it is still nursery-looking

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey everyone,
Hope you're all well!

Sorry been playing the lurking game and just had a catch up...won't comment on everything because I'll only be repeating all your good selves!!

Had an ok week myself until Wednesday which was where it all started to go wrong although to be honest that wasn't too bad. Thursday and Friday all gone wrong. Dammit.

Back on plan today and been to Zumba this morning. Dreading tomorrows weigh in but need to face up to things I guess.

I'm in hotels for two nights again next week but it's beginning of week rather than end of week this time which will be good :)

Good luck tomorrow guys and girls and I'll catch up with you tomorrow afternoon

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning! 1.5 lbs off today, which takes me to 2 stone lost (at last!!!) and 8.1 to go to get to my initial target of under 10 stone :)

And I am getting baptised this morning too, what a busy day! Lol
Hope you are all well
X

Back