Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

:D good morning all:D

well done to all the losers (that doesnt sound right but u know what i mean lol) and hugs to all the gainers.

unfortunately i am in the gainers group again with a whooping 5 lbs:eek:
good job i lost four before i went thanks to sw!!!

i have decided because this has tipped me into freak out zone that i have to count checks again until i get back into me usual zone (about 8lbs away). i just feel i need to do what i have done for the last 5 years as it works for me and i know it inside out. still getting used to sw syns etc. i will be going back to slimming world as soon as this happens because i love the cooking and food. i think i have learned how to eat more healtihly so i will be spending more checks on healthy food and alot less on the demon chocky!!!

i would love to still post me losses in the meantime but i understand that it is for swers so i am also happy to dip out for a while.

but thanks guys sososo much

moominmama will be back hehe
in the meantime i will keep subscribed cos i am nosey lol and i would miss the crack.

Quickie WI for me today guys will read through later so all the best to all!!

1.5lbs off - amazingly. Been mega good for weeks and only losing small amounts so had a few more syns and a bit more exercise...who knows?
x

Well after being 100% this week the 3lb that I put on I have taken off!! So I am officially healthy again - goodness me I feel like a yo-yo - healthy-overweight-healthy-overweight
I need to really lose a lot more to stay safe!!
Next week is TOTM - so not sure what that will mean weightwise & I am out Friday night for a colleagues retirement do. They do the full rack of ribs - which I love, so will need to decide whether to be really good (although I don't think any of the set menu is good) or eat what I want!! I will do a countdown in my diary though as that helps.

Well done K, that's fab! If it was me with a night out coming up and there was a treat I really wanted, I would have very low syns all week and save them up, but it doesn't work for everyone. Hope you have fun whatever you decide!

Morning everyone, hope you are ok and enjoying the sunshine. Well I did it, have lost 2 and a half pounds this week, which gets me my stone sticker. Am so pleased, it's coming off slowly, but at least it's working. Going to celebrate by going to Wembley on Tues to see Take That. Congratulations to everyone who has lost and good luck to those who are yet to weigh in x

Woohoo! New shiny - well done! Enjoy TT - saw them last week, they were great!

Morning all! 3lbs off for me this week so finally made it to my 1 stone off award! Yippee! Now 4lbs from my first target so I AM going to be 100% good!!!!! Congratulations and good luck everyone! *slopes off to try to avoid ice cream* :flirt2:

Well done Vixter - it feels good to get to those landmarks doesn't it! :D

Well done everyone so far on your fantastic losses! I am refusing to wi today as I apparently put 3 lb on over night!!! I might report weight tomorrow or just wi next week ;-) x

It was all that chopping yesterday Woodland girl! Hope it comes straight back off again.

well, i got up this morning and WI and accepted that i'd put on 1lb (0.5kg). i doffed my cap and told myself it was a well deserved gain (apparently i wear a cap in bed - my scales are built into the bed). i enjoyed every second!

when i came to record the gain i realised that in fact i had LOST 1lb!!!! god knows how that happened! it'll def catch up to me this week! but as i say, it's a marathon not a sprint so i dont mind the odd gain here and there as long as i enjoy myself gaining it.

That's a nice surprise for a Sunday morning! Well done!

Oh dear Woodland Girl. G'wan, take it like a man lol If it is a glitch, you will have a great loss next week!

I put on a deserved 2 lbs this week. Been feeding a cold for a few days, cba shopping or cooking. I had a nsv this week (cycling) so the week was not a complete disaster.

Well done the losers and especially the ladies with new stickies! :bunnydance:

Well, at least you know why - I'm sure it will be straight back off again as soon as you're fighting fit!

:D good morning all:D

well done to all the losers (that doesnt sound right but u know what i mean lol) and hugs to all the gainers.

i have decided because this has tipped me into freak out zone that i have to count checks again until i get back into me usual zone (about 8lbs away). i just feel i need to do what i have done for the last 5 years as it works for me and i know it inside out. still getting used to sw syns etc. i will be going back to slimming world as soon as this happens because i love the cooking and food. i think i have learned how to eat more healtihly so i will be spending more checks on healthy food and alot less on the demon chocky!!!

i would love to still post me losses in the meantime but i understand that it is for swers so i am also happy to dip out for a while.

in the meantime i will keep subscribed cos i am nosey lol and i would miss the crack.

Sorry to sound dense, but what are checks? Good luck anyway - whatever works for you! I don't think anyone would mind if you keep posting and WI on here - we're all in this together no matter what plan we're using.

1.5lbs off - amazingly. Been mega good for weeks and only losing small amounts so had a few more syns and a bit more exercise...who knows?
x

Well done Potatogirl! The body really does work in mysterious ways! Hope you have another good week this week.

Well, I've learnt a valuable lesson this week - no sneaky peeks! After the scales telling me I'd put on 2lbs midweek, I WI this morning and have lost 1lb, so really pleased with that! :D

moominmama i'm sure you've noticed but we're not a fussy bunch. the doorman was let go due to the current financial climate (i'm not saying recession... we're not in recession...) since then everyone and anyone has been allowed in... so you're more than welcome to continue to WI etc and join the craic. be careful though, there are a few midweek weighers in here that can be a bit rowdy... they're harmless but we sometimes have to turn the karaoke machine off after the 20th rendition of Angels...

what diet is it that you were originally on (and going back to)?

I weighed in this morning expecting a good solid loss, but I've lost a pound, taking me to 93 lbs lost.

I know that I should be pleased, but I'm pretty upset this morning. I went back to work, and my eating has been absolutely spot on, I've resisted loads of temptation, and I've done so much exercise (walking) this week.

Okay, here's the deal - I'm feeling down and depressed, because of the self-imposed pressure of reaching 100 lbs lost by the end of July. While that's theoretically still possible, only 7 lbs in four more weigh ins, I'm putting that goal to one side because I'm feeling stressed and unhappy. I'm going away for a long weekend and that's going to be difficult.

So I'm going back to seeing it as a marathon and not a sprint, and aiming to lose a pound or two a week, and not seeing the scales as a reward or punishment.

Congrats to everyone who has turned up and weighed in - that's so important, that routine of being accountable and being here. And well done to all the losers! Woo hoo!!! I'll have an individual response later on, I'm feeling deflated at the moment, so am going to have a nice coffee and have a look for my mojo. Sorry to be a downer.

moominmama i'm sure you've noticed but we're not a fussy bunch. the doorman was let go due to the current financial climate (i'm not saying recession... we're not in recession...) since then everyone and anyone has been allowed in... so you're more than welcome to continue to WI etc and join the craic. be careful though, there are a few midweek weighers in here that can be a bit rowdy... they're harmless but we sometimes have to turn the karaoke machine off after the 20th rendition of Angels...

what diet is it that you were originally on (and going back to)?

i lost all my weight following scottish slimmers/weightmanagement where u get so many 'checks' per day (25 cals is one check) it was fab when i was rrr heavy and i could have 65 a day but now i only get 45 a day i was finding it tough but then my sister said try weightwatchers u get so many a day and a weekly amount too. this change messed with my head a bit and i counted things wrong got all confused and gained half a stone. then i couldnt seem to stick within me checks so i tried slimming world loved the food but also bit of getting used to needed lol but due to me hol i now feel i am in the danger zone as i promised myself everytime i got under a stone i wouldnt go over it again so going from 11 6 now 12 8 i just need to get with it lol. i know this system and with the gain being quick should get it off quick too.......................phew apologies for long response cudda answered in one word........but i am a chatterbox lol

Sorry to sound dense, but what are checks? Good luck anyway - whatever works for you! I don't think anyone would mind if you keep posting and WI on here - we're all in this together no matter what plan we're using.

thanks spanx will keep posting on the scottish slimmers section of this is really small. checks are just like ww points only 25 cals is one check so no more free food for a while :confused:

have a good week everyone.
have you seen the 100% thread ??? i liked that being a perfectionsit i thought it was 100 all the time but it was nice to see people taking it one day at a time and counting number of 100 days showing we all have to go off plan occassionally:sigh:
xx

Hi everyone....I'm yet to learn how to multi-quote....so instead I just want to say a massive well done to everyone this week - as usual to those that have lost and to those that haven't for actually turning up.

For me this week I lost the demon 2.5lbs that appeared last week. Just feel a bit yo-yo'ey at the moment, but I'm now down for two weeks out of the hotel so hopefully I'll be able to do a couple of weeks bang on plan, which will show some positive results and get me back over into the 1 stone down brigade!

Honey - you're not a downer at all - this is what we're here for :) I know I had a rant about downers earlier on in the week, but it's nothing to do with you or anyone else on this thread -- this particular girl was VERY unhappy and practically starving herself and she's only about 4lbs off target.

Anyway - we all have our moments, and yes, it is a marathon and not a sprint. A pretty long marathon too. I know myself there is nothing worse than looking at the scales after a 100% week and not much change. hell I did a double zumba class yesterday and another 45 minutes on the myfitness coach on the wii, and I weigh the same as yesterday morning and I wonder why I went through all that effort!

The reason we do it though, is that even if it's not a huge loss SW makes us feel in control - because it's still a loss. Once upon a time, pre SW, a weekly weigh in would almost certainly have meant seeing a gain. Did we particularly beat ourselves up then though? I most certainly did for about 2 minutes then bury my head in the sand and say "oh it's just a lb". And all those "just a lbs" added up. I am certain though, that when I only lose a lb now, I beat myself up loads more than when it was a lb on. Which is madness. And I doubt you're all that much different so please just remember that. One day, I woke up and realised I was fat and had to do something about it. Surely it'll work the other way and one day we'll wake up and we'll finally be a size we're happy with.

I know it's daft me telling a seasoned SW'er like you who is doing so well, but when you look at your food diary, do you think it's repetitive in areas? Are there some changes you can make and add a bit of variety? Or maybe try a couple of the express success days?

Hope you find your mojo hon....I'm sure it's just hiding behind the sofa for a bit :)

Jx

Hi all, I'm here but not weighed. I was all set for a 100% week... Until we had bad news. Basically we were all set to move house (opposite a gym no less lol) we went round to sign the papers, and the landlady had lied to us about the real amount of rent. And we can't afford it now.

So anyway, me and the bf were feeling low and the 100% day went right off course.

Feeling a bit better now, although still annoyed as I was very excited. Anyway, back to it tomorrow. Just wanted to check in.

Oh my golly gosh I am sooooo excited. Just weighed myself and lost 4 and a half!!!!! Wooot! Now what you need to understand is that the last few times I have done this plan - the first weeks weigh in was miserable - maybe 1/2 a pound or 1 and then I would struggle with losing 1/2 a pound a week thereon and it was a biggggg struggle. I feel so much more postive now. I am sooo super happy. My plan is to weigh myslef on Sunday eve and then plan all the weeks meals and re read old mags for inspiration - this is like my group therapy lol. Oh can you tell I am soo happy. I have a long way to go but it is a very good start.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes on this thread. Look forward to getting to know you all. xxxxxx

craftylucyloo said:
Oh my golly gosh I am sooooo excited. Just weighed myself and lost 4 and a half!!!!! Wooot! Now what you need to understand is that the last few times I have done this plan - the first weeks weigh in was miserable - maybe 1/2 a pound or 1 and then I would struggle with losing 1/2 a pound a week thereon and it was a biggggg struggle. I feel so much more postive now. I am sooo super happy. My plan is to weigh myslef on Sunday eve and then plan all the weeks meals and re read old mags for inspiration - this is like my group therapy lol. Oh can you tell I am soo happy. I have a long way to go but it is a very good start.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes on this thread. Look forward to getting to know you all. xxxxxx

Well done you :) that's ace!! I do my weekly meal plans on Sunday nights too :)

I just made SW KFC for the first time ever. Doesn't taste exactly like KFC but it was pretty yum!! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone....I'm yet to learn how to multi-quote....so instead I just want to say a massive well done to everyone this week - as usual to those that have lost and to those that haven't for actually turning up.

For me this week I lost the demon 2.5lbs that appeared last week. Just feel a bit yo-yo'ey at the moment, but I'm now down for two weeks out of the hotel so hopefully I'll be able to do a couple of weeks bang on plan, which will show some positive results and get me back over into the 1 stone down brigade!

Honey - you're not a downer at all - this is what we're here for :) I know I had a rant about downers earlier on in the week, but it's nothing to do with you or anyone else on this thread -- this particular girl was VERY unhappy and practically starving herself and she's only about 4lbs off target.

Anyway - we all have our moments, and yes, it is a marathon and not a sprint. A pretty long marathon too. I know myself there is nothing worse than looking at the scales after a 100% week and not much change. hell I did a double zumba class yesterday and another 45 minutes on the myfitness coach on the wii, and I weigh the same as yesterday morning and I wonder why I went through all that effort!

The reason we do it though, is that even if it's not a huge loss SW makes us feel in control - because it's still a loss. Once upon a time, pre SW, a weekly weigh in would almost certainly have meant seeing a gain. Did we particularly beat ourselves up then though? I most certainly did for about 2 minutes then bury my head in the sand and say "oh it's just a lb". And all those "just a lbs" added up. I am certain though, that when I only lose a lb now, I beat myself up loads more than when it was a lb on. Which is madness. And I doubt you're all that much different so please just remember that. One day, I woke up and realised I was fat and had to do something about it. Surely it'll work the other way and one day we'll wake up and we'll finally be a size we're happy with.

I know it's daft me telling a seasoned SW'er like you who is doing so well, but when you look at your food diary, do you think it's repetitive in areas? Are there some changes you can make and add a bit of variety? Or maybe try a couple of the express success days?

Hope you find your mojo hon....I'm sure it's just hiding behind the sofa for a bit :)

Jx

Thanks Joanna, that was such a kind and thoughtful post. It meant a lot to me to read it.

I guess I'm just being silly - I don't know why it got to me, maybe because I'm a bit worried that my weight loss is slowing down with so much left to go. But so what? This is a journey and a plan I'm sticking to for life, and it's not about the numbers or about getting there quickly. Plus I have had weeks like this in the past.

So this week, I'm going to get my act together and carry on. I'm going to drink loads of water, and I'm going to keep at it, and maybe mix it up a little - my menu has become a little stale, because it's easy and convenient. I am also going to track my food every day as well.

And a big congratulations to all the fabulous people who weighed in this morning - woo hoo, big pats on the back!!!

Well after being 100% this week the 3lb that I put on I have taken off!! So I am officially healthy again - goodness me I feel like a yo-yo - healthy-overweight-healthy-overweight

Woo hoo!! Well done you on being officially healthy - that's a great place to be! :D

Morning everyone, hope you are ok and enjoying the sunshine. Well I did it, have lost 2 and a half pounds this week, which gets me my stone sticker. Am so pleased, it's coming off slowly, but at least it's working. Going to celebrate by going to Wembley on Tues to see Take That. Congratulations to everyone who has lost and good luck to those who are yet to weigh in x

Congratulations on getting to the stone mark, that's a great achievement!! And definitely enjoy Take That as a celebration and knowing how well you've done - yay!!!!

Morning all! 3lbs off for me this week so finally made it to my 1 stone off award! Yippee! Now 4lbs from my first target so I AM going to be 100% good!!!!! Congratulations and good luck everyone! *slopes off to try to avoid ice cream* :flirt2:

Well done and welcome, Vixter - that's fantastic!! Another person meeting that stone lost target, that's so good!!

Well done everyone so far on your fantastic losses! I am refusing to wi today as I apparently put 3 lb on over night!!! I might report weight tomorrow or just wi next week ;-) x

Awwwww, I'm sure it's not going to be that bad - and you cannot put on 3 lbs overnight, so it's definitely water retention or something!!

well, i got up this morning and WI and accepted that i'd put on 1lb (0.5kg). i doffed my cap and told myself it was a well deserved gain (apparently i wear a cap in bed - my scales are built into the bed). i enjoyed every second!

when i came to record the gain i realised that in fact i had LOST 1lb!!!! god knows how that happened! it'll def catch up to me this week! but as i say, it's a marathon not a sprint so i dont mind the odd gain here and there as long as i enjoy myself gaining it.

Well done, Why_D, that's a fantastic result, you're doing so well and so consistent!!

I put on a deserved 2 lbs this week. Been feeding a cold for a few days, cba shopping or cooking. I had a nsv this week (cycling) so the week was not a complete disaster.

Well done the losers and especially the ladies with new stickies! :bunnydance:

Awwwww, poor sillysausage - everyone knows that you can't lose weight when you've got a cold, your body needs to be fed and to get rid of the illness :)

Hope that you're feeling better, my lovely!

I wouldn't panic about weight fluctuations after a holiday, that's totally normal. The thing that counts, and having seeing it here many times and experienced it myself, is to carry on and get rid of the excess weight within a few weeks. That's what we'll be doing for the rest of our lives, and that's okay!

I don't like to think about you panicking and trying different things because you're a bit worried. I don't think SW is the only plan to follow, I think they're all about equal to be honest, and it's about finding out which one works for you the most. I hope that you carry on posting here!

x

Well done on that, it's a great result!! Good to see that more syns helps you to lose more weight!

Well, I've learnt a valuable lesson this week - no sneaky peeks! After the scales telling me I'd put on 2lbs midweek, I WI this morning and have lost 1lb, so really pleased with that! :D

Yay!!!!!!!!!! That's so good, and spot on with the no sneaky peeks!!! Good for you, that's a 3 lb loss really :D

Hi all, I'm here but not weighed. I was all set for a 100% week... Until we had bad news. Basically we were all set to move house (opposite a gym no less lol) we went round to sign the papers, and the landlady had lied to us about the real amount of rent. And we can't afford it now.

So anyway, me and the bf were feeling low and the 100% day went right off course.

Feeling a bit better now, although still annoyed as I was very excited. Anyway, back to it tomorrow. Just wanted to check in.

Awwwwwwww, poor you, that sounds rubbish. But I just know the right place is around the corner for you, and it will be even better and cheaper!

Congratulations, that's a fantastic result - well done you!

I wouldn't panic about weight fluctuations after a holiday, that's totally normal. The thing that counts, and having seeing it here many times and experienced it myself, is to carry on and get rid of the excess weight within a few weeks. That's what we'll be doing for the rest of our lives, and that's okay!

I don't like to think about you panicking and trying different things because you're a bit worried. I don't think SW is the only plan to follow, I think they're all about equal to be honest, and it's about finding out which one works for you the most. I hope that you carry on posting here!

awe thanks honey i did freak out but i dont look or feel any fatter i just know how it creeps on but never creeps off hehehe. i know on my old plan which i just did by myself when i had been on hol i just skipped a week weigh in inorder to give it chance but cos i am now sw online i felt i had to input my weight and seeing the scales has given me the kick up the bum to go back to the ole check counting lol cos i know it works for me cant take any chances till i am back in the zone but should think i will switch back got cupboard loads of pasta n sauce lol :0) but i am soooooo glad i joined this thread you are all sooooo lovely. first day back at work after being off sick and on hol so now i am more occupied things should be easier. i will keep posting :) just had frosties and beans for tea ....but not in the same bowl lol xx take care and have a gurd week xx

Thanks Honeybun. I feel a lot better today, but it is so flamin hot. Me and my boy are just back from a swim. The water was freezing!

Can I join you in the "feeling totally scunnered corner?" :( I feel like I am getting nowhere this year, just yo-yoing about. I feel fatter than ever, which is silly cos I am still better off than I was before, but I do feel bigger :confused: It is 6 weeks until my 1 year SW anniversary and I would love to be in Onederland to mark the day. I am considering starting a food diary here for 6 weeks to give me some focus, but I keep bottling it. I don't want to be lynched by the SW cops for doing stuff wrong or not knowing the right syns because I am not an online member. I get very defensive if people criticise what I eat (I think it is my default now because I turned veggie and 11 and spent years having to justify my dinners to people) so maybe broadcastiong my diet to the world is not a good idea. I dunno. I need to do something to focus because this is upsetting me now :( Sorry to waffle on. Got a lovely dinner in the oven now - should cheer me up.

In other news: Sarah jumped out of a plane and landed safely on her feet or bum so hurrah!! I wish she would come back and take a curtsey. She is a legend :winner:

silly sausage said:
Thanks Honeybun. I feel a lot better today, but it is so flamin hot. Me and my boy are just back from a swim. The water was freezing!

Can I join you in the "feeling totally scunnered corner?" :( I feel like I am getting nowhere this year, just yo-yoing about. I feel fatter than ever, which is silly cos I am still better off than I was before, but I do feel bigger :confused: It is 6 weeks until my 1 year SW anniversary and I would love to be in Onederland to mark the day. I am considering starting a food diary here for 6 weeks to give me some focus, but I keep bottling it. I don't want to be lynched by the SW cops for doing stuff wrong or not knowing the right syns because I am not an online member. I get very defensive if people criticise what I eat (I think it is my default now because I turned veggie and 11 and spent years having to justify my dinners to people) so maybe broadcastiong my diet to the world is not a good idea. I dunno. I need to do something to focus because this is upsetting me now :( Sorry to waffle on. Got a lovely dinner in the oven now - should cheer me up.

In other news: Sarah jumped out of a plane and landed safely on her feet or bum so hurrah!! I wish she would come back and take a curtsey. She is a legend :winner:

Big big hugs. Why don't you post your food diary in this thread then? You know us all, and you know we will never criticise you or patronise u SS.. Let's do something together and get those lbs off.. I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone- we're all in this TOGETHER. And TOGETHER we will do this.

Lots of love.

Rozie xx

Hey Silly Sausage! You are doing really well. I just looked at your stats if they are up to date and it says you have lost 50lbs! That's amazing. I have been doing this plan on and off for years now and there is so much psychology in losing weight. Last year I struggled like never before to lose the weight and then only 7 months later to have put it all back on and more besides. It is like it comes back on faster and with a vengeance! I have to brainwash my silly head to realise that this is a plan for life and not just for losing weight so therefore it isn't going to matter how long it takes me.

I am not going to group either - I can't get there for various reasons. There is so many changes in syn values that they change so often so don't worry about being lynched lol. Hopefully people on here will be trying to be helpful rather than up their own so to speak but if they are then that is def their problem and not yours.

Just wanted to give you a BIG FAT well done hug. Keep going and keep being inspired and being inspirational.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi and welcome Lucyloo. I know it is a good loss, but I got to this stage in about March and just keep bobbing up and down. I am boring myself now lol

Roziee - you are a gem, but I don't want to hijack this thread. Bad enough with all the rubbish I talk here without posting a diary too! lol I will just man up and start a thread on the diary board. You and Lucyloo manage it without being lynched so hopefully I will be fine too.

Hi and welcome Lucyloo. I know it is a good loss, but I got to this stage in about March and just keep bobbing up and down. I am boring myself now lol

Roziee - you are a gem, but I don't want to hijack this thread. Bad enough with all the rubbish I talk here without posting a diary too! lol I will just man up and start a thread on the diary board. You and Lucyloo manage it without being lynched so hopefully I will be fine too.

I could do with tracking online too, Silly Sausage - we could both be brave!

And also, I think you're absolutely awesome. You are here and sticking at your long-term goals. I have a vague sense although I don't like it much that plateaus/maintenance is part of this journey. We have been doing this for almost a year, and we're still here posting away. I think we should celebrate!!!

I am having a mega-struggle this week, I must admit. It's emotional and I think it's about the death of a relationship - as I lose weight, I'm not willing to put up with so much. But it's been an emotional roller coaster, and too hard to explain.

Gah.

But - I love SW, I love this thread and I love the fact that I've been doing this for eleven months and it works; this is the longest I've lost weight consistenly ever. So I'm definitely going to grit my teeth and ignore the feeling down, and keep at it. We can get to our goal! I figure we're both halfway there, thereabouts - yay!!!

Come on girls keep at it!! You're doing great SS. and you won't be lynched at all :) there's been a couple of times people have pointed things out that I've got wrong and sometimes it's pretty to the point and I feel somewhat taken aback - but that's the problem with written communication - we put far too much on the non-existent tone of things! I've bitten my tongue, realised they're just trying to help and blame any way I take the feedback on the fact it's written and I can't see the face they're pulling while they say it!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back