Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I'll have a look tomorrow hon...can't link on iPhone :(
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Honey - to be fair, I have never plateau'd or had an unexpected gain - it is all explainable by my piggery. It must be really frustrating and demoralising to hit a wall for no reason so I take my hat off to you and the others for sticking at it when you are feeling down.

Thanks Joanne. Are you still in the hotel?

How do I do a nice wee link to my diary?

Hi Sausage - speaking as someone with a diary thread I can honestly tell you to go for it! Don't worry about what others might say, because the vast majority of people who may comment will be just as they are on this thread - helpful, supportive, interested in your journey and really motivating!

I've been on SW for over a year now and my losses have slowed right down - but it's still going in the right direction, just at a snail's pace! And when you think about it, what's the alternative? - for me, it would be being fat, unhappy and very unfit!

Hi Sausage - speaking as someone with a diary thread I can honestly tell you to go for it! Don't worry about what others might say, because the vast majority of people who may comment will be just as they are on this thread - helpful, supportive, interested in your journey and really motivating!

I've been on SW for over a year now and my losses have slowed right down - but it's still going in the right direction, just at a snail's pace! And when you think about it, what's the alternative? - for me, it would be being fat, unhappy and very unfit!

That's such a great point, Spanx - I love that you're posting your journey. I love the fact that you've been here for over a year. One thing that's slightly sad about this site is the sheer number of people that are here for a few months and then stop posting. Just a way of life, but it is hard to lose weight for months/years. Well done!

Honey - to be fair, I have never plateau'd or had an unexpected gain - it is all explainable by my piggery. It must be really frustrating and demoralising to hit a wall for no reason so I take my hat off to you and the others for sticking at it when you are feeling down.

Lol don't call it piggery!!! Just see it as a learning curve, as you're learning about life long weight loss and changing your weight for good. All about trial and error if you ask me!!! You're doing really well - it's HARD to lose a huge amount of weight and keep it off, and you're doing that, really making sure that you keep at it!

I have just put the link to this thread in my siggie if that is okay. I really need group support as not able to go to group. xxxxxxxxxx

Loads of support here, Lucy!!! I do't go to group either, so I rely on this thread/site a lot too. It's very good, better than going to group once a week if you ask me :D

Come on girls keep at it!! You're doing great SS. and you won't be lynched at all :) there's been a couple of times people have pointed things out that I've got wrong and sometimes it's pretty to the point and I feel somewhat taken aback - but that's the problem with written communication - we put far too much on the non-existent tone of things! I've bitten my tongue, realised they're just trying to help and blame any way I take the feedback on the fact it's written and I can't see the face they're pulling while they say it!

You're right, it's definitely easy to take offence at somethign someone has written online without meaning it!!

SS- I started my diary the first day I started in march and I've never received anything negative, if anything people have always gently reminded me where i counted my syns wrong and I'm an online member lol.. I don't think anyone will think you're hijacking the thread but do start a diary and let me know if you do, you too honey.. And ill be your bodyguard to the thread ;-) x

silly sausage said:

Thanks Joanne. Are you still in the hotel?

How do I do a nice wee link to my diary?

Nope away from the hotel for a bit thank god! Two weeks off then back for two!

If you go into user CP and edit signature you can add hyperlinks from there x

Hi, I am new to minimins. Have been on SW for 3 weeks and am a Sunday weigher!

Lost 4lbs this week!! Yay!

Well done to everyone on this thread!

joanna25 said:
I'll have a look tomorrow hon...can't link on iPhone :(
X

Sure you can hun- just touch it with your finger and it will open in safari automatically ;)

Kx

Sorry for being a bit absent yesterday - had the most horrific headache and bright lights hurt my eyes - so went to bed

I am off for meal out fri - please help !! Now just to let you know I don't eat chicken! I don't know whether to be good or eat what I want!

I thought u guys could help?

Starters

Homemade soup of the day with crusty bread and butter (v)

Deep fried sesame crumbed brie with a redcurrant and port sauce (v)

Crispy puff pastry slice topped with goats cheese, balsamic pickled tomatoes, red onion marmalade and rocket (v)

Bang bang chicken salad with a peanut mayonnaise

Lightly cajun spiced whitebait with a horseradish mayonnaise

Mains

Pan fried halloumi cheese on top of roasted Mediterranean vegetables accompanied by garlic flat bread (v)

The blue boar full rack of marinated, slow roasted baby back pork ribs covered in a sticky BBQ glaze served with chips and salad garnish

Thai green chicken curry served with coriander and lime rice, prawn crackers and a salad garnish

Teriyaki pork fillet served with a chilli and pineapple mash, pak choi and a sesame jus

Pan fried fillet of sea bass served on a crab and chilli fishcake with a chive cream sauce

Fish and chips; fresh fish of the day filleted and coated in our own light beer batter served with chips and house tartare

Cheers

Kx

I am mad for halloumi, brie and goats cheese so am probably not the person to ask :drool: I would avoid the whitebait if I were you - based on the fact that even my cats wont touch it! Hope you are feeling better today, Kwise :)

:welcome: Welcome Lors and well done on a cracking loss this week!

I have re-read my posts from yesterday and can't believe how negative I was. I was remembering one bad thread about diaries and was forgetting about the thousands of good ones. Sorry if I offended anyone x

Bleh... Unhappy me today. I think I have food poisoning! Not sure what from as I ate 2 things today which I don't normally eat. A good lesson from me on sticking to SW. 100% sure this wouldn't have happened if I had!

Some fantastic posts this week. Things that I can really relate to - esp Honey, Sausage, and Spanx. And Roziee - some lovely comments too :) (sorry if I missed anyone)

Yay Kwise - lucky you. I can only dream of that. Fingers crossed for keeping it off this week and continuing to drop :)
In terms of your meal, it depends on how much you want to stick to the plan. I think the most SW friendly would be soup without the bread and butter or chicken salad without the mayonnaise and then seabass without the sauce, pork or the halloumi (could count it as HexA). Looks delicious though - enjoy :)

Well done to Madmavey, Vixter for your loss and new stickers

Great job to PotatoGirl, Jo,

Hazel - brilliant first week loss. Yay. You must be jumping :)

Madmavey - hope Take That is good.
Vixter - did you manage to avoid the icecream ?

Woodland Girl - how did you get on when you did weigh in ?? Fingers crossed for you.

Sausage - I hope you feel better soon. I totally understand where you are coming from. Can you predict when you are going to go off track ? Are there particular times that you struggle ? I think a food diary is a good idea. If I am struggling a bit I write it down. It helps me to focus. I am going to go and check whether you have done a diary and if so, I will keep my eye on it. I'm happy to help if I can.

moominmama i'm sure you've noticed but we're not a fussy bunch. the doorman was let go due to the current financial climate (i'm not saying recession... we're not in recession...) since then everyone and anyone has been allowed in... so you're more than welcome to continue to WI etc and join the craic. be careful though, there are a few midweek weighers in here that can be a bit rowdy... they're harmless but we sometimes have to turn the karaoke machine off after the 20th rendition of Angels...

Ha ha ha. Although we appear to have been dumped by the mad twins :( Hope they are ok and today went ok for them ?

Honey - I have also posted on your diary. I can totally relate to how you feel. However what you have to remember is that you are continuing to lose almost week in week out (with the odd exception) and your losses have been amazing. I don't care how much you had to lose, or how much you still have to lose, you have done an incredible job this year. I am pleased that you have the odd up and down (even though I'm sure you'd prefer not to !!) because I think you need those to be able to deal with what's coming when you get to your maintenance phase.

However that is one of the reasons that I don't tend to set myself targets, because I'm not that great if I don't meet that. If you miss your 100 lbs in a year, do you think that you will look any different having lost 99 lbs or 98 lbs or even 94 lbs ?? No, you will still be an incredible achiever that we are all proud of :D

PinkToaster - hope your week gets better and you feel better soon. Poor you :mad:.

Sarah - come back and tell us all about it :cool:

Great comment. I totally agree :)

Welcome Lors and well done on your loss.

I have re-read my posts from yesterday and can't believe how negative I was. I was remembering one bad thread about diaries and was forgetting about the thousands of good ones. Sorry if I offended anyone x

No offence taken sausage :)

Sorry for posting so late. I am soooo busy at the moment. Feeling much better now and back on track. I STS this week but that was only because I ate a LOT of food on Saturday which temporarily negated the good week ! But it will come off this week and I'm hoping for a good loss this week. I still officially have 6.5lb to get off from the pre holiday/holiday gain but the scales are showing less than that so fingers crossed for Sunday :)

Gail x

Aaaww poor Pinkie. Take good care of yourself x (I am too scared to ask what you ate in case I have just eaten it too!)

Well done on maintaining this week Gail. You are very level headed and are tackling your holiday gain very well.

No sign of Sumsum and Smartiesmartie this week?

Get well soon pinkie!

Lovely posts from everyone encouraging one another what a great page :)

I skipped weigh in in the end! I am too blocked up iykwim!! So having a week off and eating lots of pears which normally sorts me!! Lol

I know I am not being as good as I could, too many little cheats going on. It is harder at school to have tons of fruits and other nice choices for the hungry mad moments but I still know I am better than I was! I take in low fat crisps 5 syns and a choc cereal bar 5 syns (wheat free) for emergencies like when I am hungry and there are chocolates etc in the staff room. That way I can count syns and be in control. Lunch is healthy :)
But not getting much cardio exercise in, so I know I need to get back to that.

Thanks for caring I am still here, amazing!!

No that you'll miss me as i'm barely here anyway, but i'm leaving to go to the Cambridge Diet thread. Starting today and so far so good.
Good luck with all your weight loss journeys. xxxx

good luck rayven! let us know how you get on

Back