Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Same here Pixi :( Just one tiny week. A perfect week for the new month! I have missed getting under the 200s, but need to have a good try at getting my 4 stone shiny back before my 1 year SW birthday in a fortnight. I had it weeks ago and lost it *tuts loudly*

No worries. This isn't a race. You will get it back. Just think that you are more than 50 lbs lighter than you were 1 year ago. Look at the big picture and be proud. I don't care what you have lost or not lost in the last few weeks. I care what you have achieved :) (Now must take my own advice........!)

I put on 1.75 lb after my hols which of course I am gutted about but ready to keep on with the plan. TBH I was not enjoying not being at home and missed my lovely healthy meals. Hoping to get it back off this coming week. xx

Actually, that's a great result. I put on 11lb on my holiday :eek: so be proud :D

Basically its because I am not losing :( I got down to my 4 stone loss in November last year, and have hardly lost since then. Admittedly I did get down to a 5 stone loss at my lowest weight in the middle of May but that one stone loss took me 6 months! I am now at a 4.10 loss (which sounds even worse!)

I just feel really meh about it all. I have even considered going over to the dark side AKA WW, but I did that once and I was either constantly starving or eating junk, so realistically thats not going to happen lol

I think the main problem is, is that I am caught in a circle of following the plan and either not losing or undeservedly gaining for weeks on end. So, I think meh what's the point as I am not going to lose anyway and therefore I may as well drink/eat what I what .........

I really need to see a few losses in a row and not this yo-yoing that I have had for the past few months, coz I the moment I feel like I am getting nowhere fast!

Still on 100% for this week though :D

Again, I understand that feeling, but as I said above, look at the bigger (or rather 'smaller picture' ;)). You have achieved FABULOUS results over the last year. I don't care how long it's taken or how slow it has been recently, you have lost that much and you are still here.

*Scratches head trying to work out the sweary word*

Coz I am innocent you see :innocent0002:

Right must be offski as I have a visitor tomoro :cool: bit of body magic and all that <oops halo just slipped> :D
e

Wooohoooo. Get you lurved up Smartie :). I have laughed a lot tonight catching up here :)

Sorry I have been missing in action for a couple of weeks. I have just read the last 10 pages and am still missing a couple of pages before that. Eeeeek. Musn't leave it so long next time.

Well, I have been struggling a bit recently but I am still weighing weekly regardless and mostly following SW. I am still 6.5lb heavier than my lowest weight about a week before I went on holiday at the end of May. However I have eaten a lot of chocolate/cinnamon buns etc etc in that time so it's not that much of a surprise. I have a plan. Am doing my best this week despite lots of meals out. Away next week (have a SW buddy where I'm going so will try my best again there) and then I'm going to set myself some mini targets when I get back. I think I need that focus at the moment. But, on the other side of things, I have my SW anniversary coming up too (about the same time as sausage I think) and just as my 6 month anniversary was quite emotional, this one will be too.

So, on the NSV thing that someone posted earlier
Why losing weight is awesome because ...

I have dropped 5 dress sizes, I feel good about myself, I don't mind being in photos for the first time in my life or looking at my reflection in a window and I can honestly say that as much as I (always) want to go and eat lots of biscuits (or insert any other word that = sweet, sugary, carbohydrate !) I really want to continue on SW for the rest of my life. It's the only way I have of staying where I am (or even moving downwards again !) and I just cannot face going back 'where I came from'. I am so much happier now and I can honestly say that this has changed my life in lots of ways.

Sorry again for my absenteeism (and apologies in advance because I won't have access from Saturday) but I will keep coming back (and posting long threads - haven't you all missed that.......................;)). Well done for being here all you Sunday weighers :D

Gail x

Lots of fantastic reasons - this was actually really motivating for me this morning!!!

It is fantastic not to have my tummy sitting on my lap when I sit down. Looking forward to feeling and looking great in a pair of jeans.

That's a great reason, I know what you mean, just those changes in body shape, it's a great great feeling!

Why losing weight is awesome because ...

I no longer look in the mirror to be revolted by the reflection looking back at me, hey I even look at myself some days now and think that I dont look half bad :D

Oooooh, yes - building self-confidence and liking what you see! I'm not scared of cameras any more, which is a great feeling. I love this one!

Oii Losing weight is awesome as it means I am now immune to the taunts of scaffolders. This was the turning point that made me start SW. They wouldn't bother me now as I am doing something about my weight and am in control. I felt this immunity right from day 1 on SW :D
Powerful, Silly, very very very good. I also think that they should be scared of you now...:D

Lol. This is a fun convo.

Errmm why losing weight is awesome... I am in control of what I am eating and no longer crave rubbish. Oh and the gorgeous menu ideas I find on here. I love food. x

I know what you mean! I love the meals on SW, they actually are tastier to the ones I used to eat, it's such a fabulous thing.

Sorry I have been missing in action for a couple of weeks. I have just read the last 10 pages and am still missing a couple of pages before that. Eeeeek. Musn't leave it so long next time.

Well, I have been struggling a bit recently but I am still weighing weekly regardless and mostly following SW. I am still 6.5lb heavier than my lowest weight about a week before I went on holiday at the end of May. However I have eaten a lot of chocolate/cinnamon buns etc etc in that time so it's not that much of a surprise. I have a plan. Am doing my best this week despite lots of meals out. Away next week (have a SW buddy where I'm going so will try my best again there) and then I'm going to set myself some mini targets when I get back. I think I need that focus at the moment. But, on the other side of things, I have my SW anniversary coming up too (about the same time as sausage I think) and just as my 6 month anniversary was quite emotional, this one will be too.

So, on the NSV thing that someone posted earlier

I have dropped 5 dress sizes, I feel good about myself, I don't mind being in photos for the first time in my life or looking at my reflection in a window and I can honestly say that as much as I (always) want to go and eat lots of biscuits (or insert any other word that = sweet, sugary, carbohydrate !) I really want to continue on SW for the rest of my life. It's the only way I have of staying where I am (or even moving downwards again !) and I just cannot face going back 'where I came from'. I am so much happier now and I can honestly say that this has changed my life in lots of ways.

Sorry again for my absenteeism (and apologies in advance because I won't have access from Saturday) but I will keep coming back (and posting long threads - haven't you all missed that.......................;)). Well done for being here all you Sunday weighers :D

Gail x

Welcome back Gail!!!!!!!!!!!!! So good to see you post here again, I've missed you!! And yes, the one year anniversary IS really emotional!!

All those reasons for why weight loss is awesome beyond words was really inspiring to me! Thanks guys, it was such a boost. I want to continue to do this more than I can say. I can't begin to tell you how important weight loss is to me -and not just weight loss, but perhaps even more than that, maintenance. I want to get to a healthy weight and stay there for the rest of my life. It's tough, but I am going to give it my very very very best and honest efforts to do this.

So, with all this motivation and inspiration, I'm going to have a great Wednesday! I've got my lunch/snacks prepared for the day, I know what I'm going to have for my tea, I'm going to walk a lot and drink water - it's going to be a dull but on-track day! How about everyone else? What plans have you made for the day to make sure that you have a good weigh-in on Sunday?

Grrrr I ACHE this morning! Went for my first swim since about 2002 last night, swam for about 45mins, nothing too strenuous. But I'm paying for it this morning!

Morning all. Looks like a sunny one here :character00238:

Pinkie - well done on the swimming! Brilliant body magic. I posted last night in my diary that my son had dragged me swimming 5 times in the last 8 days - I feel bendy, but my hair is like straw. (Yes Honey - I am scary! :eek: lol) Traditionally, I don't have a waist, but there is definitely a bit of waist there this morning. Keep up the good work Pinkie :winner:

What plans have you made for the day to make sure that you have a good weigh-in on Sunday?
I am having a veg-a-thon this week and will no doubt be dragged to swimming again. Feeling great this week and my 3 lb gain has already gone.

Hey Gail - we are swimming world birthday twins :D:D

It is so hot in this office that I have actually removed my cardigan and am showing my arms! Can't bear to think of cooking later, I will have to have a search for a syn free cold meal.

Swimming was good, felt a bit self conscious as I was the only one there though. I need to work on my swimming technique, I had some horrible pain in my lower right back, but then my primary school swim teacher always told me that I needed to stop sticking my bum in the air while doing the breaststroke, so that's probably the reason!!!
I can't help being naturally curvy, my bum sticks out of it's own accord! ^_^

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello in between doind a million other things!!!

It is unbelievably hot at the mo which I'm finding really hard work especially at work as I have to go out into our factory quite a few times a day and my safety boots are fur lined...great in winter but absolute killer when it's like this!!!

I am managing to stay well on plan (with the exception of a 15syn cream tea last Sunday but I figured I have a week to recover from that!!!) Could desperately do with getting some exercise in but just don't seem to have a mintue to breathe at the mo so hopefully all the rushing around will help.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok, will have a good reas through all the posts I have missed when I get chance x

blue*smartie said:
*Scratches head trying to work out the sweary word*

Coz I am innocent you see :innocent0002:

Right must be offski as I have a visitor tomoro :cool: bit of body magic and all that <oops halo just slipped> :D

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Is that vertical body magic ;)

Gail-yay you have returned !!!!!! Missed ya hun!!!

Mmmmmm now Honey - there are so many reasons why it's good to have lost weight - apart from the fact that everyone at work has noticed and said how good I look - I actually like me in clothes again!!

Also my chest is no longer an extra tray to carry stuff on and those 'orrible back folds - laydeez you know what I mean - have gone yee-ha.

Plus by eating healthily my IBS is almost controlled (when I'm not naughty) so no pain, & other yuckies!!!

Also - I would have never met all of you guys had it not been for SW & this site

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone, hope you are all having good weeks, it's so hot that I am finding that I am not fancying food so much, is anyone finding the same? am hoping that this will mean a loss on Sunday, but am also feeling so bloated as if I am retaining water. Am going to up my water intake to try and combat this and will keep my fingers crossed. Enjoy the rest of your week x

Kwise1 said:
Also my chest is no longer an extra tray to carry stuff on and those 'orrible back folds - laydeez you know what I mean - have gone yee-ha.

Yup, we know what you're talking about!!! Well done and may we all banish extra folds, hangy bits, bumpy bits and lumpy bobs. Well done K!!!

pixislim said:
Yup, we know what you're talking about!!! Well done and may we all banish extra folds, hangy bits, bumpy bits and lumpy bobs. Well done K!!!

Lol :roofles:

Kx

Roziee said:
Thanks honey and pixie x

Hi Roziee - how are you Hun- sorry I've been absent & neglecting u

Kx

Well done on the swimming, guys - that's awesome!! The people on this thread rock....!!!!!!!!!!!

So, how was your day food-wise? Mine was pretty good. Ate a chickpea dahl and salad at lunchtime, munched on apples for snacks, had a ready meal (tagliatelli, low-cal) with veg stir fry for dinner. And loads of exercise.

I find that I make better food choices if I pre-prepare. Like making my lunch for work the night before, chopping up apples and carrots to take, having a can of diet coke cold in the fridge, that kind of thing. I am NOT good at making choices through the day if I have to buy food.

So yeah, a good week so far. I'm hoping to see a loss on Sunday if I keep up the good work!!!

Kwise1 said:
Hi Roziee - how are you Hun- sorry I've been absent & neglecting u

Kx

Hey K,

Im fine thanks- it's the month of fasting so I'm fasting everyday for the month of august from 3am till 9pm!

Roziee said:
Hey K,

Im fine thanks- it's the month of fasting so I'm fasting everyday for the month of august from 3am till 9pm!

Happy Ramadan hun

Kx

Awww thanks Kwise. Missed you too :)

Gail x

P.S. Totally agree with you about the great people I've 'met' here :D

Sent from my iPhone

Well done on the swimming, guys - that's awesome!! The people on this thread rock....!!!!!!!!!!!

So, how was your day food-wise? Mine was pretty good. Ate a chickpea dahl and salad at lunchtime, munched on apples for snacks, had a ready meal (tagliatelli, low-cal) with veg stir fry for dinner. And loads of exercise.

I find that I make better food choices if I pre-prepare. Like making my lunch for work the night before, chopping up apples and carrots to take, having a can of diet coke cold in the fridge, that kind of thing. I am NOT good at making choices through the day if I have to buy food.

So yeah, a good week so far. I'm hoping to see a loss on Sunday if I keep up the good work!!!

I know what you mean about planning...if left to my own devices I will eat anything and everything within reach whereas if I make a plan I stick to it (more or less).

I like to plan a couple of days ahead and get all the right things in from the shops too so I am totally committed!! I have been following the meal plans in the magazine a lot recently as I always enjoy the food...although not always all the preppign and cooking!!!

Hi everyone, hope you are all having good weeks, it's so hot that I am finding that I am not fancying food so much, is anyone finding the same? am hoping that this will mean a loss on Sunday, but am also feeling so bloated as if I am retaining water. Am going to up my water intake to try and combat this and will keep my fingers crossed. Enjoy the rest of your week x

My appetite has gone off a little bit over the last few days..probably down to the hot weather although I did buy a hypnotherapy cd the other day which may be what's doing it!

I am a bit of a cynic when it comes to these things but figured I'd give anything a try if it helps me lose a few pounds and it was recommended by a friend...I'm reserving judgement for now on it's weight loss benefits but it is definately helping me to relax and get a good nights sleep at the mo!!!

*proud mummy alert*

The national exam results were received in the post today in Scotland. My daughter got credit passes in all her Standard Grades. I am astounded and chuffed to buttons!!! :bliss:

In other news, I am still 100% this week :D

I have to make a good plan now for Friday's dinner so I don't go mad (as usual) and eat everything that is not nailed down.

Back